Rush (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #11) [Korea]

Which inner artwork do you want and which treatment on steelbook

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: July 5th, 2014 (see post #1712)
Price: 36.99$
SteelBook Treatment: Embossing and full glossy - designed by Plain Archive
Package detail
- Lenticular slip edition (2.5K, 1K for local, 1.5K for oversea)
- Full slip edition (1K, 0.3K for local, 0.7K for oversea)
- 1/4 slip edition (non-exclusive)-500 per Facebook
Common gifts in each edition:
- Booklet
- Poster card
- Art card
- Numbering card

Buy links:
Lenticular Package OOS
Full Slip Package OOS

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Lenticular Package

Rush Lenticular Package.gif

1400160589451418.jpg

Full Slip Package

Rush Full Slip Package.gif

Announced artwork:
rush-kr.jpg

245BF74B521AE30701AA79

SteelBook Treatment poll:

1) Embossing and full glossy WINNER
2) Embossing and spot glossy on title and car

3) No embossing and full glossy

4) No embossing and spot glossy on title and car

HDN chose inner artwork:
?????_??_3?.jpg
?????_??_5?.jpg
WINNER
?????_??_6?.jpg

Attachments

• Rush-KR.gif
    Rush-KR.gif
    147.8 KB · Views: 692
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 598
Last edited by a moderator:
There's always the Zavvi "Rush" red steel for the tasteless... :p
There is no Zavvi exclusive release of Rush Steelbook

The UK StudioCanal Rush Steelbook was available from all retailers
I like it as many do its a beauty of a steelbook

The Kimchi version is also nice but not amazing better
The Full Slip is beautiful looking
The Lenticular slip is just ok not great to be honest
The Kimchi Steelbook itself is nice but its only slightly better than the UK steelbook

Overall I have both and like both

Not Zavvi release. And by the way do you open your steels.

Not the good ones. Now, my favorite films, I get two copies, one to open and one to keep sealed. I see every film I'm interested in, at the theaters, in the best format possible for that release. IMAX 3-D, 3-D, Sony 4K. I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX 3-D and LUCY in Sony 4K. :happy:

There is no Zavvi exclusive release of Rush Steelbook

The UK StudioCanal Rush Steelbook was available from all retailers
I like it as many do its a beauty of a steelbook

The Kimchi version is also nice but not amazing better
The Full Slip is beautiful looking
The Lenticular slip is just ok not great to be honest
The Kimchi Steelbook itself is nice but its only slightly better than the UK steelbook

Overall I have both and like both

Yeah, I passed on the red "Rush", it looked like something Zavvi came up with. Hence the mental association. The new "Deer Hunter" should prove popular too. :D

Yeah, I passed on the red "Rush", it looked like something Zavvi came up with. Hence the mental association. The new "Deer Hunter" should prove popular too. :D
The UK StudioCanal Rush Steelbook is a beauty you need to see it in the flesh to see that
It sold out because for that reason after people saw how good it looked

Just to remind you Zavvi have never made any steelbooks they are a online retailer shop they just sell products for sale and sometime get exclusives lot of people keep forgetting this basic fact

The Film Studios design the Steelbooks and get scanavo to make them and then offer to retailers to sell sometimes as exclusives with suggestions on artwork sometimes with exclusives a joint enterprise but the film studio has final say if a wish for different artwork is accepted
Majority of the time a film studio says here is a steelbook we have planned with artwork shown to the retailer do you want to sell it as an exclusive or not

Even with Kimchi its the same they get offered a steelbook from a film studio which usually has different artwork than previous releases but sometimes its same artwork worldwide
But they then work on exclusive extras as the Full Slip and Lenticular to make it an exclusive from the non exclusive release with has the same steelbook itself

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
The UK StudioCanal Rush Steelbook is a beauty you need to see it in the flesh to see that
It sold out because of that reason after people saw how good it looked

Just to remind you Zavvi have never made any steelbooks they are a online retailer shop they just sell products for sale and sometime get exclusives lot of people keep forgetting this basic fact

The Film Studios design the Steelbooks and get scanavo to make them and then offer to retailers to sell

Yeah, Blufans, KimchiDVD, HD Zeta, JSDVD, YesAsia, Plain Archive, Amazon.JP, K-steelbook, etc. are online retailer shops and just sell products for sale and sometimes get exclusives. A lot of people know this basic fact. These smart businessmen come up with amazing Blu-ray steelbook releases and usually get Scanavo to make them. They also come up with amazing packaging and often, offer more than one variation of each release to remain competitive and provide the market with a product that is highly desirable and collectible. None of them make them in their back rooms or basements.

Can you say... Iron Man? :happy:

Yeah, Blufans, KimchiDVD, HD Zeta, JSDVD, YesAsia, Plain Archive, Amazon.JP, K-steelbook, etc. are online retailer shops and just sell products for sale and sometimes get exclusives. A lot of people know this basic fact. These smart businessmen come up with amazing Blu-ray steelbook releases and usually get Scanavo to make them. They also come up with amazing packaging and often, offer more than one variation of each release to remain competitive and provide the market with a product that is highly desirable and collectible. None of them make them in their back rooms or basements.

Can you say... Iron Man? :happy:
The new Iron Man re release steelbook for now is Blufans only
Kimchi so far have had problems getting their release happen

Hint there may be UK re-release in the future of above title mentioned happen
Lost of films now getting re-release as steelbooks if popular and in demand for a re release

The new Iron Man re release steelbook for now is Blufans only
Kimchi so far have had problems getting their release happen

Hint there may be UK re-release in the future of above title mentioned happen
Lost of films now getting re-release as steelbooks if popular and in demand for a re release

Hopefully, the UK can manage to get the artists that did the cover art for "The Deer Hunter" and "The Pianist" for Zavvi to come up with a lively alternative to the Play Iron Man release. As a Blufans VIP Member, I think I heard something about today's Iron Man release. Cheers! :happy:

Not the good ones. Now, my favorite films, I get two copies, one to open and one to keep sealed. I see every film I'm interested in, at the theaters, in the best format possible for that release. IMAX 3-D, 3-D, Sony 4K. I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX 3-D and LUCY in Sony 4K. :happy:

Thanks for all that pointless info. Doesn't make the interior artwork any less shite.
Boy the Asian retailers really have you hooked good and proper. So much so that you have no objectivity left. I like or loathe a release based on its own merits and not on who has released it or whether it has some meaningless cardboard crap getting in the way of enjoying the steelbook in all its glory .

The full slip is holding at an average of 75-90 us on ebay.com, but the lenti has an average of 45-55 us.
2 days ago a 1/4 slip went for under 40 us from a "big" seller.

Me? Nah, I never bought any release of this one.

Despite getting all 3 versions of this and owning the UK version I'd never actually seen this film prior to last week, finally watched it, loved it and now I really want to open my Full Slip - typical (although understandable) it's the most sort after version :(

Decisions decisions....

Despite getting all 3 versions of this and owning the UK version I'd never actually seen this film prior to last week, finally watched it, loved it and now I really want to open my Full Slip - typical (although understandable) it's the most sort after version :(

Decisions decisions....

It is an amazing film, I've seen it 6 times now I think? Each time with someone new who hadn't seen it! I decided to sell all my steels except the UK one though...

Reactions: tommyh84
The Kimchi steelbook is the worst of them in my opinion. I think the inner artwork is the worst possible choice. Japan futurepak is the best metal case, UK Rush the best steelbook.

Reactions: lgans316