Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 11th , 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live)
Price: £15.99

11526670-1704510729580220.jpg

11526670-1794510729720716.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the complete edition. I've seen it. I have the standard blu-ray edition and there are sequences still missing.... As I said I have never seen that 1st BBC transmission on any home video format.

This scared the sh1t outta me as a kid!

Haven't seen it since, but it's probably very dated now.

Still though, that scene with the boys friend outside the window and the guy in the rocking chair.......... :vamp: :bag:
A) Every movie "dates" (Star Wars is firmly a "70's movie")
B) one of the scariest vampire creations in movies: Barlow is terrifying!
(And yes, the window scene is a classic creepy scene)
C) James Mason!
D) 1/2 of Starsky & Hutch!

It's not the complete edition. I've seen it. I have the standard blu-ray edition and there are sequences still missing.... As I said I have never seen that 1st BBC transmission on any home video format.

What bits are missing? It’s the first i’ve Heard about this BBC version

According to the sites movie censorship, schnittberichte and imdb the european amaray is the complete edition and uncut.
- http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=506242
- http://www.schnittberichte.com/svds.php?Page=Fassung&ID=96177
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079844/alternateversions?mode=desktop
Maybe there is indeed another rare version most people don't know about. Could you find more information about the version you're referring to? Thank you.

I saw sequences on that original TV transmission I have never seen since which i can't discuss without giving away spoilers. Very important spoilers.

What bits are missing? It’s the first i’ve Heard about this BBC version
In the original BBC transmission there is a major sequence which clearly shows David Souls Girlfriend getting killed by the vampires in the basement. I've never seen that in other home version. So there is no surprise in the end of the movie because that's in. Maybe it was an edit 71 which the BBC got by mistake. There are at least 3 other sequences which I have never seen since that BBC transmission.

This tv series/movie has gone through many cuts/re-edits through the years. It was recently released on blu-ray in the US, and has commentary by Tobe Hooper. Not sure of the region, but I do know it is pretty cheap. Less than $10 US. This version is the tv movie, and runs 183 minutes.
Great movie, IMO. I was 7 or 8 when I saw the mini-series, so I am probably nostalgic, and it is definitely dated. But, still a solid adaption of a Stephen King novel.

Strangely, Stephen King prefers the 112 minute "Movie" cut version.
...which means the other cut is better.:rofl:
(Yes, he will never outrun his hatred for the modern classic that is Kubrick's The Shining, or his "Faithful" TV version which is one of the worst things ever on tv.)

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012