Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.80 star(s) Rating: 3.80/5 5 Votes
Title: Saltburn

Tagline: You’ll never leave.

Genre: Drama, Thriller, Comedy

Director: Emerald Fennell

Cast: Barry Keoghan, Jacob Elordi, Rosamund Pike, Richard E. Grant, Alison Oliver, Archie Madekwe, Carey Mulligan, Paul Rhys, Lolly Adefope, Sadie Soverall, Millie Kent, Aleah Aberdeen, Julian Lloyd Patten, Olivia Hanrahan-Barnes, Liam Edwards, Reece Shearsmith, Richard Cotterell, Joshua Samuels, Ewan Mitchell, Michelle Thomas, Will Gibson, Tomás Barry, Andy Brady, Saga Spjuth-Säll, Gabriel Bisset-Smith, Maud Druine

Release: 2023-11-24

Runtime: 127

Plot: Struggling to find his place at Oxford University, student Oliver Quick finds himself drawn into the world of the charming and aristocratic Felix Catton, who invites him to Saltburn, his eccentric family’s sprawling estate, for a summer never to be forgotten.

saltburn.jpeg

For some strange, unusual reason, I have no idea what the movie is about after watching the trailer... did they make it in the 90s? :D

Reactions: vexred
Wow, what a film. It's disgusting, but I can't not appreciate its structure and beauty.
This is how such families end. It's sad really, and I hate little 'poor sobs' that try to weasel their way in and gain confidence, yet gotta applaud this character's achievement.
One of this year's best for sure.

P.S. That bathtub scene is the most puke inducing thing I've seen yet.

Wow, what a film. It's disgusting, but I can't not appreciate its structure and beauty.
This is how such families end. It's sad really, and I hate little 'poor sobs' that try to weasel their way in and gain confidence, yet gotta applaud this character's achievement.

Disgusting is right. This movie is f'd up (and not in a good way)

Sorry but... I would not recommend this to anyone.

Disgusting is right. This movie is f'd up (and not in a good way)

Sorry but... I would not recommend this to anyone.

It's just trying to be edgy.
I quite enjoyed the challenge of it to be honest. Not something I'd watch again.
No more dark or daring than Infinity Pool in my opinion.
Gross is gross. Yes, that scene was unsettling, but I think it was bringing home the point that this guy was a borderline personality, exploring the manipulative and unfettered corners of his nature. Nothing is beyond his moral or social boundaries - as we learn later on, even more so, pushing the diagnosis of probable psychopathy.
I've seen way more provocative films than this.
At least it was a change from the mundane, homogeneous, political sterilised hero genre. God, I can't take another one of those money grubbing, cash hungry bulls**t films.

Absolutely loved this film. Got recommended it by a mate who thought would’ve hated it but everyone I seem to recommend this too seems to enjoy it too.

Rosamond pike and Richard E grant were just toooo good!

The soundtrack though reminds me of my free houses and parties I had around those summers of 06-08 listening to bloc party, MGMT, kings of Leon, arcade fire etc which was awesome to see and hear in this way. And that Sophie Ellis-Bextor - murder on the dancefloor was so bang on for that scene it’s one of the most apt moments where a song fits too well that I’ve ever seen. I also find it so funny they watch Superbad lol

Watched this recently and thought it was great! Possibly even my favourite film of 2023, although I've still a few to catch up on.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database