Samsung adds prescription option to active shutter glasses

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Engadget HD:

If the only thing holding you back from that new 3DTV purchase was the inconvenience of slipping the 3D glasses over the regular old 2D glasses you already wear, Samsung is the first major manufacturer with a solution now that it's unveiled a prescription version in Korea. The SSG-R2200 models appear to be very similar to the company's other active shutter 3D glasses in various shapes and sizes, but they're made to order from an optometrist. We know this is something several companies have been working on and expect to see these available in the US eventually as well, but we'll have to see a pricetag of some type before we decide if rocking the dual specs or just sticking with 2D is the best option.

Yep, it's a complaint I always here as well.

hey DB, yes we always know you are here, for this is where i come to get info from time to time, oh wait, thats not what you meant? :D

wow, i beat the spellcheck police :scat:

but yeah, i definetly would be interested in this as well lol

Burnt, I spent enough time spell checking my home work assignments for my MBA in business school years ago and winning spelling bees even more years ago, LOL! Unless I am at the office, you may very see some slip ups, LOL....

Wutchu toking bout?

;p

Yeah man I got glasses and Im not diggin the whole double glasses thing. I did however get intrigued with the glasses that Horhay posted that go over your glasses. They were pimpin'

hey DB, yes we always know you are here, for this is where i come to get info from time to time, oh wait, thats not what you meant? :D

wow, i beat the spellcheck police :scat:

but yeah, i definetly would be interested in this as well lol

Rule of thumb; never misspell a word when you're correcting someone's grammar! :hilarious: