Avenged (Savaged) - In theaters & VOD March 6, 2015

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
See an HDN exclusive interview with actress Amanda Adrienne about her film.

logo.gif

Thanks Tridon@HDN (part of 'Fan Expo' coverage this week!)-feel free to leave your comments on the article.

https://www.hidefninja.com/2013/08/...interview-with-amanda-adrienne-hdn-exclusive/

From IMDb:
A deaf girl is brutalized by a murderous gang who are then hunted by her when the bloodthirsty spirit of an Apache warrior inhabits her lifeless body.

Director/Writer:
Michael S. Ojeda

Starring:
Amanda Adrienne, Tom Ardavany, Ronnie Gene Blevins

NEW TRAILER (read HDN interview w/ Amanda Adrienne to see original Teaser Trailer):
Savaged Trailer

1385851_515254468564072_224737463_n.png

Attachments

• Savaged.jpg
    Savaged.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 678
Last edited:
Now up on the home page, check out the exclusive interview with Michael S. Ojeda, the director of SAVAGED! Not only does he share his experience with making the film, but he also gives tips to independent filmmakers and reveals the never before announced U.S. release date and title change.

Interview

(Sorry for bumping a thread that's not Marvel-related :p)

Reactions: mlmaier84
My exclusive review for SAVAGED is now up here! Horror fans should definitely check this film out! Even if you're just a fan of the revenge genre and films like THE CROW, you'll definitely enjoy SAVAGED when it's released (this is the closest thing we'll probably ever get to a female Crow on film).

Give the review a read and then be sure to check out my interview with the writer/director, Michael S. Ojeda (link in the post above this one).

And now, time to tag some horror fans to help spread the word. :thumbs:

@Scary Hair @mlmaier84 @Hooch - Horror Ninjas Assemble! :p

Ken,

First and foremost, HOW DARE YOU BUMP A NON-MARVEL THREAD?!?!?! [emoji12]

I have not heard anything about this film, but am definitely intrigued at this point!!!

Luckily, you caught me on a smoke break so I was able to read this one. However, I have my midget this weekend so I won't be able to get to the review or the interview until later when I drop her back off at her mother's. Rest assured, I will, for sure, take a look at them both...even if they aren't Marvel threads.

Thanks for the tag, buddy!!!

Reactions: Hooch and tridon
This looks promising! Just checked the trailer and read the review...got a nice gritty bleak feel to it, but also a fresh new mix in it so its not just a "I spit on you grave" etc film. Will deffo give this a try when possible and yes...I always spread the word of evil movies for nice folks! :)

@tridon

Huge THANK YOU for the tag. I LOVE a movie where the story justifies the violence. Gonna be one to watch in a word MINE !!.

@Malmar84

Keep the ***'s to as few as possible mate no good for you sweethart :shy: . Think of the steelbook's you could have instead:notworthy: . Save your lungs buy a Steelbook :) :kiss:.

@tridon

Huge THANK YOU for the tag. I LOVE a movie where the story justifies the violence. Gonna be one to watch in a word MINE !!.

@Malmar84

Keep the ***'s to as few as possible mate no good for you sweethart :shy: . Think of the steelbook's you could have instead:notworthy: . Save your lungs buy a Steelbook :) :kiss:.
LMFAO!!! Touché my dear...Touché!!! However, if I actually sat down and thought about how much more extensive my collection could be if I didn't smoke, that alone would probably give me cancer!!! *cough* *cough*

@Malmar84

Just relised the ***'s thats what we call Cancer Sticks err cigarettes round here . Never meant in a derogatory term guess it's one of the words that dose not translate that well.

One of my friends tried an E cigg almost 2 years ago not had a real one since . She was geting through 10 to 15 a day . Just an idea and because I'v lost people I love to a crule unforgiving desise.

No more Cig's Steelbooks instead , :p :D .

@tridon

Just had the chance to go through the trailer, interview and review... in that order.

First of all, in the words of the GREAT Alec Baldwin..."Good tings [things]." The trailer is absolutely mesmerizing. I had this idea in my head of what to expect simply from reading your posts in this thread, along with Erik and Ann's. What I saw in the trailer was NOTHING like what I was imagining. I was sold on the film from the trailer alone.

I moved on to the interview next. Before I address Ojeda's answers, I would like to address your questions, Ken. I'm not exactly sure of the format of the interview (whether face to face or not. You may have addressed it, but I don't remember) nor do I have any concept of your interviewing experience, but you did one hell of a job, buddy! I found myself finishing one Q&A and hoping that you would ask specific questions, and ALL of them were there to follow. A job well done, sir!!! I was highly impressed at not only Ojeda's verbiage, but his confidence as well. I'm sure it's a necessity to project that conviction, being an indie director; but at no time was I in disbelief.

During the final constituent (the review), I was amazed at how thorough you were without being loquacious. I think for me, this would've been an arduous task considering the length of the review. Again, a job well done Ken! I thank you for the opportunity to read both and for the recommendation of the film itself!!!

Both the interview and the review were nothing short of a delight to read. I was exceedingly pleased to hear that this is already available on Blu-Ray from Amazon.de. I put in my order the second I was done reading.

Reactions: tridon and Hooch
@mlmaier84 & @Hooch - Just be aware, Amazon.de is no longer shipping that with the slipcover. I ordered one a couple months ago and it arrived as a plain-Jane amaray. :mad:

Mathew, thanks so much for the great feedback, man! I'm happy that you enjoyed it all and that I was able to interest you in the film. I've watched it twice now and it's so good! The interview with Ojeda was done through email, but through a few seperate occassions. We've been keeping in touch, so I've definitely enjoyed this whole experience. :)

@mlmaier84 & @Hooch - Just be aware, Amazon.de is no longer shipping that with the slipcover. I ordered one a couple months ago and it arrived as a plain-Jane amaray. :mad:

Mathew, thanks so much for the great feedback, man! I'm happy that you enjoyed it all and that I was able to interest you in the film. I've watched it twice now and it's so good! The interview with Ojeda was done through email, but through a few seperate occassions. We've been keeping in touch, so I've definitely enjoyed this whole experience. :)
Thanks for the info, Ken! Sucks about the slipcover, especially for a slip guy like yourself. However, my want to see this movie YESTERDAY will outweigh the lack of slipcover.

Thanks again!!!

Reactions: tridon
Avenged FINALLY arrives in the U.S. today! It'll be playing in select cities and will be available on VOD. I hope everyone finally gets a chance to see it. If you've always wanted to see a female Crow, check this flick out!