UK
Release date: November 9th, 2015
Purchase link: Saving Mr. Banks (live)
Price: £14.99

11164120-1314321549477641.jpg

11164120-1534321549416984.jpg

Last edited:
@virkia

No thank you sweetheart . A no buy whatsoever from me .

I genuinely can not make out what that is ?.

Might help if I watched the movie I hate musicals and I know its the story behind the film . Thanks anyway .

@Actarus

Think your Avatar is great much clearer I have to say flower :) .

Back on topic what is that supposed to be ? :confused: .

The umbrella and human I get :thumbs:.

Whatever that is looks like a deformed light shade or something :confused:.

Any clue gang ? :sorry:.

All I can think is that the shadowy figures/shapes are related to titles of this film from other countries:-
France 'Dans l'ombre de Mary' ('in Mary Poppins' shadow')
Argentina 'El sueno de Walt' (Walt Disney's dream')

I reckon it's one of those Funko Pops escaped from a ZBOX :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair
Much prefer that art. Love Tom Hanks though so will probably have to pick it up; still waiting patiently for The Ladykillers in steel.

Think I might have a long wait.

Admittedly not a fan of the disjointed artwork but throw in a Mary Poppins Disney Pop Vinyl Figure (value GBP 9.99) then who knows . . . :)

Reactions: Flash
Much prefer that art. Love Tom Hanks though so will probably have to pick it up; still waiting patiently for The Ladykillers in steel.

Think I might have a long wait.

Original or Tom Hanks remake ?
I'd say there's more chance of a steel for the original going by Studio Canal's history of giving us classics/vintage films in steelbook format already released in digi-packs or smart slipcover/slipbox editions ('The Third Man', 'Dracula, Prince of Darkness', 'The Wicker Man', 'Apocalypse Now' , 'Don't Look Now' etc.).

Original or Tom Hanks remake ?
I'd say there's more chance of a steel for the original going by Studio Canal's history of giving us classics/vintage films in steelbook format already released in digi-packs or smart slipcover/slipbox editions ('The Third Man', 'Dracula, Prince of Darkness', 'The Wicker Man', 'Apocalypse Now' , 'Don't Look Now' etc.).

Yeah I think you're right. I actually really like them both. But the Tom Hanks version reminds me of being at school and going to see it with my friends. I didn't watch the original till after. Love me some Alec Guinness though.

@Geek Tragedy love your artwork better, but would have preferred a different back artwork (not that yours isn't nice, but more in the likes of something Artful)

@virkia

Might help if I watched the movie I hate musicals and I know its the story behind the film . Thanks anyway .

Hello sweet Fluffy Scary Hair :emb:

Yes I also do not like Musical (very very few I have enjoyed and can't be full musical, like Frozen that I loved, but this was a special Movie)

For Mary Poppins, I know people will not like my comment but I did not care too much for it, I watched it because a friend wanted me to see it, it was ok but I could have done without watching it.

BUT I watched this movie as I love Biographies/Movies based on True Stories and I just Loved it. Emma Thompson is just Magnificent as always...It's not a Musical even if there's some scenes about composing the music for the movie, it's really about her and her love for her Book that she wanted to keep as a Book... But I would say to watch it as it is a wonderful Movie, I saw it Twice, bought the Amaray and it is nice to know the Story BEHIND the Movie (even if someone doesn't like Mary Poppins that much or Care for it as I do) But this is worth watching IMO !

This is the Slipcover which I love that was included when it was included (I don't know if Amazon still includes the slip as for Disney usually they include slips for a limited time offer)

Saving.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair
@Geek Tragedy I hope you won't find my comment disrespectful as it is not my intention, but could you do a 2nd version for back cover with something artful like the shadow Part and maybe in the middle of the Back Artwork this powerful line for the movie which I so see on the back artwork

WHERE HER
BOOK ENDED.
THEIR STORY
BEGAN.
I just think this would be very nice to be on the back artwork to complement your Perfect Front Artwork :notworthy:

@Geek Tragedy I hope you won't find my comment disrespectful as it is not my intention, but could you do a 2nd version for back cover with something artful like the shadow Part and maybe in the middle of the Back Artwork this powerful line for the movie which I so see on the back artwork

WHERE HER
BOOK ENDED.
THEIR STORY
BEGAN.
I just think this would be very nice to be on the back artwork to complement your Perfect Front Artwork :notworthy:
I likes that saying , very powerful

@virkia

Cracking movie Ann , I'm not a musical fan at all , this is a true story biography , I was a bit like u when I 1st watched it , ready to delete it but within 5mins of starting it , I was well into it , hanks and Thompson brilliant also , maybe try and watch it

I likes that saying , very powerful

Yes I love that saying and feel it should be on there, I agree about the power in conveys.

I watched it twice and I think I'll keep it for a third watch in the coming weeks...

Cracking movie Ann , I'm not a musical fan at all , this is a true story biography , I was a bit like u when I 1st watched it , ready to delete it but within 5mins of starting it , I was well into it , hanks and Thompson brilliant also , maybe try and watch it

Listen to @whysoserious? Fluffy Ann :rofl: ..it is indeed a Captivating Charming moving movie.