Saving Private Ryan (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Saving Private Ryan: Paramount Centenary Edition (Play.com Exclusive Steelbook) (Blu-ray)
Release Date: August 13th, 2012
Play.com

Wreck's original thread here

Art:
Saving_play.jpg

Other arts:

Actual Pictures

View attachment 13860

Last edited by a moderator:
agree with huggy2k4 about the lack of finishes on this steel - still looks nice and don't currently own a copy of this on blu ray so was happy to nab it - another shame is to see it with a plain disc with not art to it.

Thanks for the pics sunnyx, very impressed with your camera work ;)

I don't own any other copy of film on Bluray, so this will be a keeper for me. They missed a trick on debossing the inner rectangle though.

This seems to be a re-occurring theme with these new steelbooks. That's Saving Private Ryan and Braveheart both without Disc 2. I hate that! Shall have to keep an eye on any future releases like this and avoid them.

Ugly as sin too. Looked good in the pictures, but now I have it, it may be the most boring looking Steel I have. Definitely one of the worst.

I have seen a lot of copies with a spine scratch right in the middle. :(

I just checked most of my recent steelbooks for the scratch and discovered that both my Saving Private Ryan and Forrest Gump steels have them. They're hard to spot unless you catch it in the right light, but you can easily feel it.

Kinda disappointed this is not embossed but hopefully it still looks good. Then again I guess really what were we expecting at this price

Yeah unlike the Zombieland steelbook, this would've been a perfect candidate for a debossing. Maybe Wreck can tell us more on which criteria play decides for de-/embossing

Yeah unlike the Zombieland steelbook, this would've been a perfect candidate for a debossing. Maybe Wreck can tell us more on which criteria play decides for de-/embossing

I believe it's the studios which decide on the finish of the Steels. Wreck will be able to confirm though.