Saving Private Ryan - Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive No.4) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: May, 2015
Purchase link: See group buy links below (sold-out)
Price: Ammo box 142$, Lenti 59$, Pet 56$, 1/4 53$
Notes:
Steelbook made in Denmark,
3000 copies limited
Ammo box includes Lenti and Pet
Both discs are region-free.

Lenti / PET / 1/4:
lenti.jpg pet1.jpg 14.jpg

Sample shots:
full

full

PET effect:
pet2.jpg

full

This movie was not suit to make the all glossy finish and embossed with the frame, so we decide to make the steelbook like the following:
Front: "Saving Private Ryan" with the Debossed effect,the solidier and ground with glossy finish,and the sky&cloud with matte finish,
Back: The iron wire with the glossy finish, another area with matte finish

Group Buy: May 1, 2015
Group Buys [NOW CLOSED]
All versions of this release will be shipped direct from China, no hubs.

Ammo Box---142USD shipped (DIRECTLY ship from China), one copy per person limited. GB Link [Closed]
Lenti---59USD shipped to customer DIRECTLY, 3 copies per person limited. GB Link [Closed]
PET
---56USD shipped to customer DIRECTLY, 3 copies per person limited. GB Link [Closed]
1/4-
--53USD shipped to customer DIRECTLY, 3 copies per person limited. GB Link [Closed]

Prices include Steelbook + Paypal fees + shipping DIRECTLY to you. Payment will start on 10th May. Deadline to pay by TBC.
[/b]

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are killing me!

There really doesn't seem to be any consensus on which version is better and, as I mentioned, in my limited experience, I usually gravitate towards one pretty easily but I can't do it this time, so it's really up to all of you to decide for me by reaching a consensus.

So, to those who want the PET slip, you can agree it's not AS nice as a typical full slip, right? And don't you guys and girls want the booklet and I'm obviously "talking" to those of you, like me, who will be only buying one version.

I know some people are having fun with the lenti jokes, but I seriously do agree that the PET slip is more fitting for the film. Yet at the expense of, by far, the very best goodie, the booklet? Um...I don't know.

In the end, I can live with the less interesting character cards than the nicer, more stylized post cards, but does the PET slip really cancel out the booklet? Well, does it? And I don't want debate on this...I want the RIGHT answer or a poll that has an overwhelming winner. I'll go with that one. :)

Maybe don't worry about what other think and just decide for yourself like a grown up. Or give us your money and we can use it to by our own copies since we can make decisions on our own! :)

Honestly, if it weren't for Plain coining the term "PET slip", they would simply be calling it the full slip version, similar to other acetate slipped releases like Kimchi's Leon for example. They're only using that term because they've seen the success Plain has had, but I'm guessing this won't be anything like Plain's PET slips and will be a slip just like Leon's.
PET slips are clear plastic revealing the image undeneath.
A full slip covers the entire steelbook with a new image.
They are being truthful about what the product is.
What it is NOT is a normal full slip.
It is a PET slip.
And Plain archive did NOT coin that. It is a industrial term.:D

WHAT IS PET?
PET is polyethylene terephthalate.
It's a plastic resin and the most common type of polyester. Two monomers—modified ethylene glycol and purified terephthalic acid—are combined to form the polymer called polyethylene terephthalate. PET was discovered and patented in England in 1941.

whatIsPet_r2_01.jpg

Last edited:
Its funny that a lot of peeps don't know what PET is. Over here most of the drinks from the supermarket like water, sodas etc coming in PET bottles.
You pay 0,25 EUR pawn for the bottle and get it back when you bring it to the supermarket to the reverse vending machine where they get crashed and recycled. Same PET they use for their slips now :LOL:

pfandautomat.jpg

With that sayd, I think the PET is the best looking one from the bunch and I will go for that :naughty::drool::thumbs:

Its funny that a lot of peeps don't know what PET is. Over here most of the drinks from the supermarket like water, sodas etc coming in PET bottles.
You pay 0,25 EUR pawn for the bottle and get it back when you bring it to the supermarket to the reverse vending machine where they get crashed and recycled. Same PET they use for their slips now :LOL:

pfandautomat.jpg

With that sayd, I think the PET is the best looking one from the bunch and I will go for that :naughty::drool::thumbs:
Yep! That is exactly what it is! Recycled plastic!:thumbs::D
Still don't want the 'floating heads' edition, though. I'll try and do my part for the environment without having disembodied heads floating in the sky on my steelbook covers.
It is just so '1980's-local newscast-Chroma key'-looking!:LOL:

Reactions: dan8885
There's going to be a tripack? Man, I really want that even though there's no artwork posted yet. I'm kicking myself for missing out on Gladiator. At least with Saving Private Ryan it's a film I truly love and a set like that, while expensive, will become a cherished part of my collection. Bring it on!

I believe there will be no tripack. The ammo box version will not contain the 1/4 slip.
I could be very wrong but I don't think so.

Just got email from my boss:
Steelbook Made in Denmark,Limited 3500 copies.
Ammo Boxset version:Lenticular Slip Version+PET Slip Version+Dog Tags,limited 800 copies.
Lenticular Slip Version(with normal number card):1500 copies(No.0001-No.0800 for the Ammo boxset,not sold separately)
PET Slip Version(with normal number card):1500 copies(No.0001-No.0800 for the Ammo boxset,not sold separately)
1/4 Slip Version(with normal number card):500 copies

I'll Post the Ammo Edition pic when i get it.
and the GB would be open in this month.keep update......
The Ammo Box limited 800 copies contains the Dog Tags with Lenticular Slip and Pet Slip

I have no interest in the 1/4 Slip so I like that the Ammo Box only contains the Lenticular and Pet Slips as it will cost less for starters
If it was a triple pack I would not be purchasing and be bit difficult with the print runs info

Last edited:
The Ammo Box limited 800 copies contains the Dog Tags with Lenticular Slip and Pet Slip

I have no interest in the 1/4 Slip so I like that the Ammo Box only contains the Lenticular and Pet Slips as it will cost less for starters
If it was a triple pack I would not be purchasing and be bit difficult with the print runs info

This is exactly my position as well. I have no interest in 1/4 slips as these are just regular J-cards, which I always throw away. A lenti and PET slip is exactly what I want, so this is perfect. Also, print run being 800 copies there's less chance of a quick sellout. This is a win-win :)

PET slips are clear plastic revealing the image undeneath.
A full slip covers the entire steelbook with a new image.
They are being truthful about what the product is.
What it is NOT is a normal full slip.
It is a PET slip.
And Plain archive did NOT coin that. It is a industrial term.:D

WHAT IS PET?
PET is polyethylene terephthalate.
It's a plastic resin and the most common type of polyester. Two monomers—modified ethylene glycol and purified terephthalic acid—are combined to form the polymer called polyethylene terephthalate. PET was discovered and patented in England in 1941.

whatIsPet_r2_01.jpg

So who used the term when it comes to slipcovers before them then? And I already knew exactly what PET was btw, I actually do my research before making a statement. ;)

I might actually go for the Ammo Box this time as love the sound of it and finding it hard to choose between lenticular & PET. I like the lenticular & booklet but also the pet slip. Just depends on price as if it isnt much more than 2 x steels and doesnt sell out within minutes in group buy.

Anyone know when the ammo box pics will get shown? And when prices will be announced?

Seems doesn't quite make sense to me if the ammo box doesn't include all editions...

I love that it doesn't! It's so perfect. Many of us all agree the 1/4 slip is pointless and never buy them. They've made the choice between the PET and lenti tough due to the extras included so the ammo box is an excellent choice. If you want a tripack, just buy the ammo box and the 1/4 separate! Everyone wins.

Reactions: ocielz
I love that it doesn't! It's so perfect. Many of us all agree the 1/4 slip is pointless and never buy them. They've made the choice between the PET and lenti tough due to the extras included so the ammo box is an excellent choice. If you want a tripack, just buy the ammo box and the 1/4 separate! Everyone wins.

Everyone but the Germans!

Guys what's all this talk of an ammo box? Did I miss something? I like the PET slip better than the lenti, but I find it quite disappointing and a sorta unfair that the lenticular comes with the booklet and movie scene cards instead. Why change the inside of the packages? Is this to seriously entice collectors to double up cause they won't be able to decide? I dunno. I wish the packages inside the slips were the same so I can choose my favorite slip.