Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 19th, 2015
Price: €13.99
Purchase links:
Amazon.de

5151c1CCZXL.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm. The only entry in the series I really care for though I'm just not sure on the artwork. Proper blood red metal could be cool though... I don't think I've ever seen a top to toe red steel before - does anyone have any examples?

I like the cover, because before SAW was a series, the puppet was NOT the iconography selling the picture.
I remember well all the one-sheets that had to try real hard to not be too over the top. I think some were rejected and banned.(body parts pics I think?) Kinda funny, because the original was more about the implication of violence and not outright gore.
That's why I think the first film is a thriller more in the vein of SE7EN than a horror film.

Reactions: chunk and csirules
I really like the artwork. I hope we can get a 10th anniversary steelbook for 2 and 3 also, but I'll still be happy with just this one.

I really like this design, gonna pick this one up..
As @C.C. 95 said, this film was a great thriller more like seven.
I think each sequel that was made got more and more silly, just a gore fest. I wouldn't watch any of the sequels anymore but saw as a stand alone movie I'll definitely buy it.
I only have a little problem with the artwork, too much writing, I could live without "10 anniversary edition" , "lionsgate" and "studio canal" being on the front (shove it on the spine maybe or right at the bottom on the back) as it all distracts from the artwork and makes the clean design look cluttered.. just my opinion:):):)

Reactions: C.C. 95
Isn't it funny how when UK gets this type of often requested steelbook there is a german version almost instantly announced within a few weeks.... but when a new often requested steel is announced in Germany, it tends to stay exclusive.... :squint:

Anyway, I totally love the art 4 this :drool: and wld normally be all over a SAW steelbook :woot:

....but i'm very disappointed to read the back could be printed (n)

This was for the cinemas:
Celebrating the 10th anniversary of its first release, this 4K remaster breathes new life into the origin of a massively successful global franchise. Two chained men (Leigh Whannell, Cary Elwes) awake in a subterranean lair, each armed with instructions via a cassette tape on how to escape.
Source: Sony. :)

I am sure that same version now arrives on Blu-ray. :LOL:

Reactions: StifflersDad