Horror-Theatrical Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - In theaters August 9, 2019

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark Movie Lands Trollhunter Director

Source: ScreenRant
Guillermo-del-Toro-Develop-Scary-Stories-to-Tell-in-the-Dark.jpg

According to Deadline, Norwegian filmmaker André Øvredal will helm the film, which is being written by Kevin and Dan Hageman (Hotel Transylvania, The LEGO Movie). Sean Daniel, Jason Brown, and Elizabeth Grave will serve as producers along with del Toro. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark will take on the form of a thriller, following a group teenagers who must solve the mystery surrounding the sudden deaths in their small town. Production is expected to begin next summer.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
From Variety:

Guillermo del Toro is producing and co-writing “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark,” based on the Alvin Schwartz book series.

CBS Films and Entertainment One are co-financing. André Øvredal is directing from a script by del Toro and the team of Daniel and Kevin Hageman.

Besides del Toro, producers are Sean Daniel, Elizabeth Grave, Jason F. Brown, and J. Miles Dale. Principal photography is expected to begin this summer in Toronto.

Entertainment One will directly distribute the feature in Canada, U.K., Australia/New Zealand, Germany, Benelux, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland, with partners Sierra/Affinity overseeing sales in all remaining international territories outside of the U.S., making it available to buyers for the first time at this year’s Cannes Film Festival. CBS Films will distribute the film in the U.S. through Lionsgate.

The story follows a group of young teens who must solve the mystery surrounding sudden and macabre deaths in their small town.

“‘Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark,’ led by the incomparable Guillermo del Toro, is such a chillingly fun ride that it’s sure to leave audiences around the world jumping in their seats,” said Steve Bertram, eOne’s president, film, television and digital.

I can't believe this finally happening! I'm sooo stoked! I love Øvredal's Trollhunter and I can't wait to see him work alongside del Toro (funny enough, when GDT launched his Trollhunters series on Netflix [which is where the writing team of Daniel and Kevin Hageman is coming from], he actually reached out to Øvredal on Twitter, saying that he loved Trollhunter [Øvredal was somewhat starstruck and responded that he couldn't wait to see Trollhunters).

Funny that we're getting four creators on this project that have all dealt with some form of troll-hunting. :D

From Variety:

I can't believe this finally happening! I'm sooo stoked! I love Øvredal's Trollhunter and I can't wait to see him work alongside del Toro (funny enough, when GDT launched his Trollhunters series on Netflix [which is where the writing team of Daniel and Kevin Hageman is coming from], he actually reached out to Øvredal on Twitter, saying that he loved Trollhunter [Øvredal was somewhat starstruck and responded that he couldn't wait to see Trollhunters).

Funny that we're getting four creators on this project that have all dealt with some form of troll-hunting. :D

@bloodsnake007 eOne is releasing this in Canada! I can't wait to see how kick-@$$ the slipcover is for it here! :p

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
This looks really great but I can’t work out if this is a actual horror film or “kids horror”

I hope it’s good