Scream (1-4) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

May 30, 2014
Release date: October 27, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon DE - Saturn
Price: €30.98 (Amazon) - €30.99 (Saturn)

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Olymphat
Nope, no release of Scream is uncut on BD.

I think it was only the Japanese and Australian DVDs had the full uncut version -

General info about the Director's Cut:
The "Director's Cut" is 6 seconds longer then the "R-Rated Theatrical" version. It includes additional gore which Wes Craven had to cut out to achieve an R-Rating in the US. The scenes missing from the "R-Rated Theatrical" version are: (SPOILERS!)
- The close-up of Steve's intestines as they fall from his stomach.
- The camera speeding towards Casey as she hangs from the tree. In the uncut version, the camera goes towards her at normal speed, but the cut version is time compressed to give a rushed look. This is definitely the cut version as the camera rushes in in a very jerky and fast manner.
- Tatum's head being crushed by the garage door. From what I can see this is in the movie as I can see her head crush, but perhaps more is seen in the uncut version.
- Kenny looking up at the killer after his throat is cut.
- Billy going berserk as he stabs Stuart.
- After Billy and Stuart stab each other, the uncut version shows a shot of Stuart's hand dripping blood into a puddle.

I know it doesn't seem like much, but it's very noticeable.

I think it was only the Japanese and Australian DVDs had the full uncut version -

The "Director's Cut" is 6 seconds longer then the "R-Rated Theatrical" version. It includes additional gore which Wes Craven had to cut out to achieve an R-Rating in the US. The scenes missing from the "R-Rated Theatrical" version are: (SPOILERS!)
- The camera speeding towards Casey as she hangs from the tree. In the uncut version, the camera goes towards her at normal speed, but the cut version is time compressed to give a rushed look. This is definitely the cut version as the camera rushes in in a very jerky and fast manner.
- Tatum's head being crushed by the garage door. From what I can see this is in the movie as I can see her head crush, but perhaps more is seen in the uncut version.
- After Billy and Stuart stab each other, the uncut version shows a shot of Stuart's hand dripping blood into a puddle.

And original US laserdisc! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey

Oh right.

I actually have the Australian DVD. I never knew it was uncut. I just got it for the DTS track.

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey