Scream Factory Steelbooks - Yes or No?

Would you like to see Scream Factory release their own steelbooks?

• Yes

Votes: 90 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 14.3%

• Total voters
Dec 18, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ladies and gentlemen, Scream Factory is running a poll on their Facebook page, asking if there is interest in creating limited-edition Steelbook editions of their past releases. Check it out!

Just to make sure people "like" the right post... go to this post here and like either the comment saying "YES" or the comment saying "NO". :thumbs:

*Our poll isn't anything official, but the results will be passed on to Scream Factory.

Attachments

• SF.jpg
    SF.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:
This is great news, I hope they do start doing steelbooks, Arrow does them so why not. They have got some really nice classics available, I've imported a lot of them. :thumbs:

Would love to see a steelbook for Assault on Precinct 13, Crimewave, Escape from New York, Darkman, Night of The Comet, They Live, Nightbreed, Mad Max, Bruce Lee collection, The Fog, Ginger Snaps, UHF, Dark Angel, The Shadow, Saturn 3, The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec, Prince of Darkness and The Last Man on Earth. Just think of the possibilities if they release from a wide range of their movies. :)

My dream of a Night of The Comet steelbook just got one step closer:) I don't know if it's still around with the change in forums but there used to be a thread about steelbook wants and that's one of the movies I posted.

On another note, a lot of the "No" votes seem to be people worried about double dipping. Steelbook collecting may not be the best hobby for them then:)

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
My dream of a Night of The Comet steelbook just got one step closer:) I don't know if it's still around with the change in forums but there used to be a thread about steelbook wants and that's one of the movies I posted.

On another note, a lot of the "No" votes seem to be people worried about double dipping. Steelbook collecting may not be the best hobby for them then:)

If you go to the main forum layout it is still there underneath Steelbook Retailers, look beneath that, go to Steelbook Feedback link. Good artwork on a premium steelbook would be really cool, I have often thought how great some of their covers would look on a steelbook, some of these movies are classic favorites of mine too. I really don't think any normal blu-ray keep case can compete with steelbooks if they are done right. :)

It might be a good idea to include the reverse cover on the back of the steelbook, so you get the two front artworks on there. I hope the yes vote wins, down with the no votes. :p

My no vote was not because I dont want to double dip. I just dont like these older movies. Some are good, but not many. IMO

I think I am only missing 1 or maybe 2, then I have a complete set of all their collector´s edition slipcover versions...it would hurt real bad to buy them all again!

Since we're their main customers for steelbooks, I've decided to add our own poll to this thread and will pass on the results to Scream Factory (they've already taken a look at this thread FYI). ;)

Please remember to vote in their very own poll here though, since that's the one that counts!

Personally I say no. I like their releases with the new artwork on slipcases which then gives you the option to have the actual sleeve for the BD on the amaray.

However, I wouldn't say no if they decided to go down this route and keep the slipcases with the new artwork and stick the original artwork onto a steelbook ;)

Reactions: steelbobawny
Since we're their main customers for steelbooks, I've decided to add our own poll to this thread and will pass on the results to Scream Factory (they've already taken a look at this thread FYI). ;)

Please remember to vote in their very own poll here though, since that's the one that counts!

Good idea, good to know their listening to our feedback and definitely a yes vote from me, no doubt in my mind, a fan of theirs, ninjas keep voting on the Scream Factory site too. :thumbs:

Shout! Factory/Scream Factory may want to start off with a popular title, so they get off to a good start, maybe even give options for which movies the buyers may be interested in. The first steelbook will give an indication of the quality of the steelbook too, I've come to expect good quality releases when it come to Shout! Factory, so I'm looking forward to this new steelbook journey, if it takes off.

Shout! Factory/Scream Factory could consider region free discs to get international sales but I'm not sure if that is their target audience. It was expensive for me to get a multi-region bluray player in the UK, it had to be modded but I decided to due to a lot of imports. There are usually buyers through this forum that kindly help international buyers buy releases from their country, so it's likely there will be an international following as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
Good idea, good to know their listening to our feedback and definitely a yes vote from me, no doubt in my mind, a fan of theirs, ninjas keep voting on the Scream Factory site too. :thumbs:

Shout! Factory/Scream Factory may want to start off with a popular title, so they get off to a good start, maybe even give options for which movies the buyers may be interested in. The first steelbook will give an indication of the quality of the steelbook too, I've come to expect good quality releases when it come to Shout! Factory, so I'm looking forward to this new steelbook journey, if it takes off.

Shout! Factory/Scream Factory could consider region free discs to get international sales but I'm not sure if that is their target audience. It was expensive for me to get a multi-region bluray player in the UK, it had to be modded but I decided to due to a lot of imports. There are usually buyers through this forum that kindly help international buyers buy releases from their country, so it's likely there will be an international following as well.
The problem with "considering region free" is that they would still need the rights to distribute the films in other countries...but still a great idea :)

The problem with "considering region free" is that they would still need the rights to distribute the films in other countries...but still a great idea :)

Yeah I guess some of these movies have different distribution companies and rights in other countries, so it could be complex for some movies but it is possible to buy rights, some do expire as well.
They could try coming over to the UK as a possibility, Arrow for example has managed to buy some rights and have also set up in North America, they have mentioned region A and B discs will be released in the UK and North America, also I've read they will do region free releases where it is possible.

I have something else I would like to suggest to Shout Factory!/Scream Factory, a booklet or cards movie related with each release on steelbook, to put inside the case. This would give the steelbook more of a premium feel to it, also that way the cases are fully utilized for this purpose. Which means customers have a nice extra to look at and keep in their case, all wishful thinking at the moment of course. ;)

Last edited:
I have been after their Halloween 2 edition for ages, Its loaded with special features and comes in a Slip but sadly it is now quite expensive and most I have seen for sale look a bit tatty, So if your offering me a Steelbook instead that would be AMAZING as long as the content is the same.