Price: $22.99
Notes: Matte finish, NO inside artwork

Actual pictures: (Thanks to ricster)
01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And it looks factory?!
3ROeJ.gif

Uhh...never heard that term used that way before. Not completely sure what you mean here. If you mean if it looks like it was originally (factory) glossed? Then yes it does look factory.
Full gloss is pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it. My first time I practiced on 2 different steelbooks. You don't want to see how bad they are. The only reason this wasn't perfect because I had this steelbook sit out in the open for couple of days so some dust got on it. I forgot about it and sprayed gloss over it so it's there forever now. :LOL:

What i've been meaning to try is spot gloss. Might be tricky...:ohno:

Reactions: C.C. 95
3ROeJ.gif

Uhh...never heard that term used that way before. Not completely sure what you mean here. If you mean if it looks like it was originally (factory) glossed? Then yes it does look factory.
Full gloss is pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it. My first time I practiced on 2 different steelbooks. You don't want to see how bad they are. The only reason this wasn't perfect because I had this steelbook sit out in the open for couple of days so some dust got on it. I forgot about it and sprayed gloss over it so it's there forever now. :LOL:

What i've been meaning to try is spot gloss. Might be tricky...:ohno:
Ha!! The rare "Dust Edition"!! (And, yes - factory meaning "like a factory made"). Very cool!
Coupla questions. Spray gloss in a can? And how DO you keep the dust off then when it is drying?
I may try this for a lark. Keep us up on how the spot gloss experiment goes! Imagine being able to spot gloss stuff yourself!
image.jpeg

:naughty::naughty::D:p:rofl:

Ha!! The rare "Dust Edition"!! (And, yes - factory meaning "like a factory made"). Very cool!
Oh ok. My previous reply had many suggestive remarks (intentionally) so I was expecting you to reply with something funny and/or sarcastic. So when all you said was "looks factory?" I wasn't sure what that meant :LOL::p

Coupla questions. Spray gloss in a can? And how DO you keep the dust off then when it is drying?
I may try this for a lark. Keep us up on how the spot gloss experiment goes! Imagine being able to spot gloss stuff yourself!
View attachment 261100
:naughty::naughty::D:p:rofl:
Spray Gloss in a can? Yes, I found it at Michaels (arts & crafts store; dunno if you have in US) I'll post a pic later. Too sleepy right now. :p
The bottle says it will dry in 15 mins and to 'handle" after 2 hours. However i found that on steelbooks (may be because of the metal surface?) it is still sticky after 15 mins. For 1 layer gloss, 2 hours is more than enough to completely dry. And if it's 2 layers, then 3 - 4 hours. You wont gather that much dust within couple of hours. So i never had to deal with that.
Just don't do it indoors. Will take much longer to dry. I did them in my garage with half door open.

Oh ok. My previous reply had many suggestive remarks (intentionally) so I was expecting you to reply with something funny and/or sarcastic. So when all you said was "looks factory?" I wasn't sure what that meant :LOL::p

Spray Gloss in a can? Yes, I found it at Michaels (arts & crafts store; dunno if you have in US) I'll post a pic later. Too sleepy right now. :p
The bottle says it will dry in 15 mins and to 'handle" after 2 hours. However i found that on steelbooks (may be because of the metal surface?) it is still sticky after 15 mins. For 1 layer gloss, 2 hours is more than enough to completely dry. And if it's 2 layers, then 3 - 4 hours. You wont gather that much dust within couple of hours. So i never had to deal with that.
Just don't do it indoors. Will take much longer to dry. I did them in my garage with half door open.
For some reason, I am getting this hilarious image of you going out to the garage after 3 hours to check your steelbook, and finding a bee stuck to it!:rofl:
image.gif