Seller wanting to cancel an item I won. What should I do?

Sep 15, 2015
Spain
Hi! I just won an auction for The Terminator 1 (FA collection) for 73€ on eBay.

I won it like 30 mins ago. I have not paid yet but I just received an email from eBay saying that the seller wants to cancel the sell and states as reason for the request "The seller has sold the item to another buyer".

What should I do? Can anyone help me decide my next step? It's the first time this has happened to me.

Thank you

Edit: the guy just put it up for sale again!

http://www.ebay.es/itm/-/181892806018?

Open a case and report it to Ebay .

Err @Steelselecta @Noodles you guys know anyone who can help ? .
Hi! I just won an auction for The Terminator 1 (FA collection) for 73€ on eBay.

I won it like 30 mins ago. I have not paid yet but I just received an email from eBay saying that the seller wants to cancel the sell and states as reason for the request "The seller has sold the item to another buyer".

What should I do? Can anyone help me decide my next step? It's the first time this has happened to me.

Thank you

Edit: the guy just put it up for sale again!

http://www.ebay.es/itm/-/181892806018?

Well, in a nutshell, they can't do that, although nothing eBay can do to stop them. Like @Scary Hair just said, report them and in the report state that they have relisted it for more money. They have to hi our the sale, or there will be a strike against them. In all likelihood, they probably don't care, but you get an opportunity to leave negative feedback and they will also have their card marked.

I hate to say it, but they probably don't care and would risk the negative feedback. Definitely leave them negative feedback if they don't honour the sale, people will then know that they are not trustworthy.

It's people like that who ruin it for eveybody, and you can bet money on the fact that the seller is most likely an active member here, which sucks even more.

Hope you manage to get a result somehow.

I denied his request. The problem is that it seems that I have to pay him but then I fear he will not want to sell the item and My money will be already out of my paypal account and then I'll have to deal with claiming the article, my money back, etc. This really sucks.

I'd leave the transaction and let him keep his sh**t but can I do that and leave a neg review or something like that? Because I believe that if I just accept the cancel request he will walk away wih no mark on his account. And that I really don't want.

I denied his request. The problem is that it seems that I have to pay him but then I fear he will not want to sell the item and My money will be already out of my paypal account and then I'll have to deal with claiming the article, my money back, etc. This really sucks.

I'd leave the transaction and let him keep his sh**t but can I do that and leave a neg review or something like that? Because I believe that if I just accept the cancel request he will walk away wih no mark on his account. And that I really don't want.
Definitely do NOT just accept the cancellation request. If he wants to cancel, it's because he is being greedy and after more money. Don't pay just yet, I know it's a headache but u may have to pay him later. In the meantime, open a case against him and report it to eBay without delay.

Further to what @Scary Hair says, make sure you save the link to the new listing as evidence, there is times and dates etc in there, which will further back your case up.

I second what both @Scary Hair and @Steelselecta have already said... open a case and explain everything to eBay. It's pretty obvious the guy doesn't want to sell to you because he wants more money. I'll be surprised if eBay do anything more than just give you a refund, but you may get lucky. I'd definitely leave him negative feedback either way. Best of luck! :)

Looking further into it, he seemed to of sold Rush Kimchi Lenti for £7.60!! And surprise surprise, he's relisted that too!! I think it's safe to say they are trying to get as much money for their steels as possible, hence relisting again. More evidence for you to throw at eBay!

Reactions: icharlie17
Ok guys, first thanks a lot to all of you for the help. It really did help.

Gonna tell how this ended.

I just contacted eBay via instant chat. A very nice guy from eBay helped me with the issue. He told me that clearly this guy is abusing the system (I told him about the Rush selling, as mentioned by @Steelselecta) and he acknowledged that I was right and that this guy isn't a trusty one. He told me he will take his account to the guys on eBay who deal with this stuff and he will be punished accordingly. He also told me to deny the cancelation request (as I already did) and leave a negative vote on his account (seems that I didn't need to pay him in order to leave a neg feedback). I just did that too. And now I just have to sit and do nothing. The sell will pass (sadly I won't get the movie :/) but it will have an impact on him, which is what I wanted.

If anything else happens I will report it here in case you wanna know or maybe because it will help someone in the future who may have a similar problem and uses the search function.

Thanks again for the help!

Ok guys, first thanks a lot to all of you for the help. It really did help.

Gonna tell how this ended.

I just contacted eBay via instant chat. A very nice guy from eBay helped me with the issue. He told me that clearly this guy is abusing the system (I told him about the Rush selling, as mentioned by @Steelselecta) and he acknowledged that I was right and that this guy isn't a trusty one. He told me he will take his account to the guys on eBay who deal with this stuff and he will be punished accordingly. He also told me to deny the cancelation request (as I already did) and leave a negative vote on his account (seems that I didn't need to pay him in order to leave a neg feedback). I just did that too. And now I just have to sit and do nothing. The sell will pass (sadly I won't get the movie :/) but it will have an impact on him, which is what I wanted.

If anything else happens I will report it here in case you wanna know or maybe because it will help someone in the future who may have a similar problem and uses the search function.

Thanks again for the help!
Detective Steelselecta at your service! The idiot has a trade thread on here and I've just seen him have this up on his thread and has the same numbered terminator!!

Now the mods might say I'm in the wrong for doing this, so if the nods want to PM about this, please feel free, but I will OM the users name on here. PM incoming!!!

The username is megadona, mods I have been told by a fellow mod to report this post so that you can look into it further.

Last edited: