Release Date: August 6th, 2012
Buy Links:
Play.com
Amazon UK

32029185_500x500_1.jpg

32029185_500x500_2.jpg

32029185_500x500_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
But they are very small on the DVD and HD-DVD I have and they are clear on those. But very washed out and low res like on the steelbook.

Are those steelbooks too?

I've noticed that sometimes it's just how the paint is on the metal (it shows up more on matte finishes from my experience)

Even on Iron Man steel, if you look closely you can see the little dots, it just accentuates it much more on this steel as the faces are so damn small lol.

Still, this is a stunning steel and worthy of a purchase (for those that don't own Firefly, it's a must to go along with this :) ).

Reactions: JAMESTALKALOT
Got mine this morning and it's very nice. The title is embossed. Mine seems to have a slight defect though. There's a long black line that looks like a paint brush bristle stuck in paint. Here's a close-up

Think I might send it back. What do you think?

Last edited:
Are those steelbooks too?

I've noticed that sometimes it's just how the paint is on the metal (it shows up more on matte finishes from my experience)

Even on Iron Man steel, if you look closely you can see the little dots, it just accentuates it much more on this steel as the faces are so damn small lol.

Still, this is a stunning steel and worthy of a purchase (for those that don't own Firefly, it's a must to go along with this :) ).

Nah mate, they are just keepcases. Aye I see what you are saying about the dots. If they had used more DPI it would have been better (higher res) but I guess that would have cost too much for the price point they were going for.

And yep. Anybody who does not have Firefly needs that as well. I'm always shocked to find out people have seen Serenity but not Firefly :D

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Got mine this morning and it's very nice. The title is embossed. Mine seems to have a slight defect though. There's a long black line that looks like a paint brush bristle stuck in paint. Here's a close-up

I would contact them and then send it back mate.

Had similar kind of line on my MI4 steelbook (looked like a scratch but was kind of thin black line like yours), but by the time wanted to send it back it'd sold out so am stuck with it.

If it was on the back of serenity I personally probably wouldn't mind as much, but it's certainly a flaw - sometimes the flaw is so small it's not worth bothering, other times it becomes the only thing you see when you pick up the steelbook.

Got this today with another Stanley blade scratch down the centre of the spine. They need to have a word with the warehouse staff.

Yeah, this ain't ice cream boxes they are opening. Treat the steelbook boxes with care or from the warehouse, add a layer of cardboard on top of the steelbooks so if they are being overzealous opening with long blade then it will only dig into the cardboard loose layer and will keep the steelbooks damage free...why this isn't a must do with boxes of steelbooks is beyond me :)