Release date: August 3rd, 2015
Purchase link: Sharknado (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes:

11063851-1554287594802086.JPG

11063851-5934287594795783.JPG

11063851-2704287594791400.JPG

Last edited:
I'd say 95% of what I see on steelbook is **** then. Ted, sucked, Michael Bay movies, suck, Reel Steel, sucked, Wolverine, suck city, I can literally go down this entire page its 95% sucky big Hollywood crap swill.

The difference? Junk like this knows it sucks, it aims to suck, it didn't pretend to be anything else. I can respect that.
The point is is that it's all subjective and it's not like there seem to be any standards of what's put on steelbook so why are people complaining? If this was a Criterion rlease, yeah that's weird since that line is a bit more aimed at releasing more artistic films. But when a line puts out crap like Tge Last Stand or X-Men 3 it's not like there's many standards. Btw I liked Last Stand, but acknowledge it's crap lol.
PREACH!!!

This seems to be another case of mistaken identity. This artwork was not a Mondo poster. It is a poster from Gallery 1988, that was released at Comic Con. Much like the UK Looper steelbook, it looks like a mondo poster but is not.

weather it is or not releasing this crap of a movie as steel with cool cover like that is straight insult to all steelbook collectors everywhere !

just compare to stupid covers of excellent movies like thin red line and house of flying daggers

:grumpy: :angry: :mad: :banghead:

Reactions: augustus
DHEY WHON BEH-BEH!

Cheesy movie, which I actually found pretty fun. Decent watch on netflix or rental, but I'd never buy this

The poster is by Anthony Petrie, who I believe is a Mondo artist. So it's Mondo style not officially released by Mondo, like the Entertainment Store Walking Dead Steelbooks by Jock.
Yep it's definatly a Mondo artist. It's not officially released by Mondo but it is still Mondo artwork.

Reactions: dfoles
Yep it's definatly a Mondo artist. It's not officially released by Mondo but it is still Mondo artwork.
I don't want to start a big arguement or anything but Gallery 1988 is a completely different (some would say competing) company than Mondo. Just because an artist is commissioned to do a piece(or several) for Mondo does not make every piece he does Mondo artwork. Just like the Kung Fu Hustle and Snatch steelbooks recently released are not Mondo art even though they are from Petrie.

I don't want to start a big arguement or anything but Gallery 1988 is a completely different (some would say competing) company than Mondo. Just because an artist is commissioned to do a piece(or several) for Mondo does not make every piece he does Mondo artwork. Just like the Kung Fu Hustle and Snatch steelbooks recently released are not Mondo art even though they are from Petrie.
which is why I said Mondo style rather than Mondo artwork :)

Reactions: svenning
I have just looked and the artwork is actually from Gallery 1988, when I searched a Mondo it also came up though. If that is the case then I agree this isn't Mondo artwork but it's definatly Mondo style.:thumbs:

I have just looked and the artwork is actually from Gallery 1988, when I searched a Mondo it also came up though. If that is the case then I agree this isn't Mondo artwork but it's definatly Mondo style.:thumbs:
Yeah. I'd like to see him do some art for Mondo. He has a nice style that fits in very well with Mondo. It's been awhile since I last bought a Mondo poster. Would like to see something good.

Now that I've taken the thread way off topic, I'll bring it back. The art on this steel is nice enough that I'll likely order one despite how bad the movie is. Not sure I'll bite at this price though.

Reactions: Sigill