Release date: August 3rd, 2015
Purchase link: Sharknado (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes:

11063851-1554287594802086.JPG

11063851-5934287594795783.JPG

11063851-2704287594791400.JPG

Last edited:
Possibly the least deserving film to get Steelbook… ever (until the sequels are announced at least). It’s going to be interesting to see how low this price drops. Betting £5.99 by year end.

No doubt this has its fans. I wouldn’t consider myself one of them, but did watch Sharknado 3: Oh hell No! yesterday, and it feels like the series has become a parody of itself.
The disgraceful CGI and illogical set pieces I can handle. The blatant disregard for the laws of physics isn’t important for a Syfy B movie.

So the reason I hated Sharknado wasn’t because “I just don’t get it”, honestly don’t mind a film that revels in its silliness, especially if it’s done with a tongue firmly in cheek.
But the swarms of celebrity cameos spouting cringe worthy dialogue, and blatant product placement has become too much. And (SLIGHT SPOILER!) the whole “text your vote” ending was one of the most pathetic things I’ve seen for a while.

So the reason I hated Sharknado wasn’t because “I just don’t get it”, honestly don’t mind a film that revels in its silliness, especially if it’s done with a tongue firmly in cheek.

I really don't think there is anything to "get". The people that make this garbage assume that making something deliberately bad makes it automatically funny when they're really not. I'm sure that most people that claim to like this sort of film only do so because it makes them look cool by liking something that is unashamedly bad.

It's the same reason so many people say that Avatar is s*** - because it's not cool to like such a big mainstream blockbuster when in actual fact it's really quite excellent.

Having said that I never had a problem with stuff like Sharknado before, I was simply indifferent to films like that. But if crap like this is going to take up a valuable steelbook slots then that does annoy me.

Reactions: bigstevie8582
I really don't think there is anything to "get". The people that make this garbage assume that making something deliberately bad makes it automatically funny when they're really not. I'm sure that most people that claim to like this sort of film only do so because it makes them look cool by liking something that is unashamedly bad.

It's the same reason so many people say that Avatar is s*** - because it's not cool to like such a big mainstream blockbuster when in actual fact it's really quite excellent.

Having said that I never had a problem with stuff like Sharknado before, I was simply indifferent to films like that. But if crap like this is going to take up a valuable steelbook slots then that does annoy me.
Avatar is **** because it's Pocahontas meets Fern Gully in space. That being said, 10 minutes into the movie when I figured that out, I was able to tune out the bland story and appreciate where all the money went: graphics and effects. Visually the movie was amazing, story-wise... meh.

But I do agree, Sharknado probably shouldn't get the steelbook treatment.

Reactions: psychoscot
looks great, and can't wait to get it. i hope i'm right when i believe though, that this will be still available in a couple of months, and i will pick it up during "halloween fest" for under 10€ :D

Avatar is **** because it's Pocahontas meets Fern Gully in space. That being said, 10 minutes into the movie when I figured that out, I was able to tune out the bland story and appreciate where all the money went: graphics and effects. Visually the movie was amazing, story-wise... meh.

But I do agree, Sharknado probably shouldn't get the steelbook treatment.

Couldn't agree more, but I do love the Avatar fans that constantly try and justify what is a terrible film and highly unoriginal story. The visuals for me couldn't save it. I just sat there almost semi bored, and I LOVE blockbusters and go see them all and own most of them from the last 30 years. I was deeply disappointed with it.

Sharknado was never supposed to be hey this is so bad it's hilarious, it was supposed to just be BAD! a cheap knock off straight to dvd piece of trash, but thanks to the wonders of social media and all the celebs saying how awesomely bad it is, it has gained a cult following. I can understand the sequel to the point ok we made a bad film but everyone thinks it's hilarious so lets make a sequel just for a laugh. I REALLY can't understand how it got a 3rd one, the joke finished with the second one "but then all the bandwagon jumpers = cash"

Last edited: