spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
So I got my box set today (thank you to my good buddy @Mickle_89 )

The box itself is great, and is the standout item for me. The hand on the back should've been white.

The Steelbook, it's the same as the old Play.com one just made vertical. Nothing wrong with that as it was a good Steelbook to be begin with.

The J-paper on the box set is such a low uplift, it actually looks like a bootleg release. Very poor printing that gives off an essecence of unprofessionalism.

The lenti slip is hands down just abysmal. One of the worst I've had, even worse than some of the poor FilmArena efforts. The treatment given to the rest of the slip however is great, like on the rear of it. The full slip looks wise is OK but not great. I'm sure there would've been tonnes better designs out there that could've been done however I appreciate that you're limited to the designer and what the studio approves. Again; the treatment to the slip is great.

The cards inside.....who on earth thought it would be a good idea to seal them like that? Would it really cost that much more to get a couple of red and white envelopes to put them in? (I might actually do this myself). The cards themselves are also of a pretty poor quality.

The steelbooks should've been individually sealed as well as the slips before being sealed in the box set. The numbered cards also should've been affixed to each separate Steelbook not just shoved in the poor plastic wrapping with the cards. I get the idea of the felt lining for the box but it unfortunately leaves a big gap to where they fit in, also the box is curved too (which I'm hoping is now unsealed will straighten out)

The winner here is the box followed by the Steelbook. Everything else is below par really. I do appreciate that EB are still an upcoming retailer and I'd like to hope that with all their releases will get better wth each on as time goes by. Everyone has to start somewhere.

As for all the complaining in this thread; I think it's perfectly justified. Whilst the pre-orders were ongoing EB were all over the thread answering every single question. The moment crap hits the fan they move away and don't post. I don't buy that they are too busy. If they've got time to post on Facebook then they have time to post on here, even just for a brief update. A steep learning curve to get over but it's pretty simple - be honest with your customers and keep them up to date. People would rather know the truth than be lied to or not to be contacted at all.

I've skipped on The Mummy release as it doesn't interest me, but I'm hoping Hot Fuzz and The Worlds End are still on the go.

I managed to find the hermesworld tracking number and last update is At the national sorting hub on 9th June
My parcel is likely to arrive on Monday or Tuesday as Nightline only update their tracking after first scan of parcels arriving in Ireland

If you use the tracking number you see on your EverythingBlu Account that HRM tracking number is My Hermes Tracking number and is only for tracking with My Hermes

International members the parcel tracking number is different to Hermes HRM Tracking number
You can get your Hermesworld tracking number when you use HRM Tracking number on My Hermes tracking website
After you enter the HRM tracking number look at delivery history for your correct tracking parcel number
Delivery History
Parcel Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Use the Parcel Number for tracking not the HRM tracking number and use Hermesworld tracking website
https://www.hermesworld.com/en/
Parcel number tracking is more up-to date on HermesWorld Website than using HRM tracking number on My Hermes Website
Parcel number is also the tracking number the courier in your country will be using

Maybe I'm too stupid to use the hermes website but I can't get any tracking information there.
The everythingblu site redirects me to ipostparcels.com --> ukmail.com but there is no tracking update since 2nd June.
My parcel should have arrived on 8th June.

This is the tracking info I got from EB:
Other #82611625875808

Well said @cooey, agree with you :thumbs: I was going to post my thoughts as I opened mine today too but you pretty much covered it lol (along with others before us). Anyhow, here's the cut-down version with just the few points I wish to add/emphasize..

First off, I received box #156/500 (Order #1140).
20170610_145446_wm[1].jpg
20170610_145910_wm[1].jpg
20170610_150033_wm[1].jpg
20170610_150149_wm[1].jpg

I immediately noticed the internal dimensions of the box itself are too big for the slips :cautious: Even when sealed, there was substantial movement inside which didn't seem right. Now unsealed, mine slide out way too easily if I'm not careful. I would prefer a more snug finish and made-to-measure fit. Seems a bit amateurish with such movement and space inside..
20170610_171425_wm[1].jpg

Slips themselves are good in terms of finish/bossing/spot gloss etc but are of the "skinny" variety which don't really float my boat :rolleyes::p

As cooey said, the Lenti is truly abysmal. And I mean.. shockingly bad! :vomit: I was browsing for Fathers Day cards just yesterday and saw several that had amazing lenti effects and depth that blows this release lol. Go figure :confused::LOL: We're in the wrong market :hilarious: Not much more to say on that one apart from the back is great ;) Fortunately I received all 3x numbered cards with the same number but it still annoys me the metal card was pulled so late on as that was a selling point for me to begin with when I placed my order.

Steel is nice (and the first I own for SOTD! :OMG::sorry:) but would greatly benefit from a splash of gloss to make the colour POP! a bit more IMO. That said, mine appear mint so I'll just be happy with that given they weren't even sealed.. :squint:

All in all, not bad but better luck next time EB. This hasn't been a smooth ride to say the least and it's a shame you're now avoiding HDN and your customers. Just happy I received my order now and hope everyone else who's still waiting receives theirs soon (or at least a dispatch note!).

For anyone who's interested in seeing the Blu Box's finish again, I took some pics earlier :Snap:

20170610_165904_wm[1].jpg
20170610_170019_wm[1].jpg
20170610_170829_wm[1].jpg
20170610_170706_wm[1].jpg
20170610_171131_wm[1].jpg

Well said @cooey, agree with you :thumbs: I was going to post my thoughts as I opened mine today too but you pretty much covered it lol (along with others before us). Anyhow, here's the cut-down version with just the few points I wish to add/emphasize..

First off, I received box #156/500 (Order #1140).

I immediately noticed the internal dimensions of the box itself are too big for the slips :cautious: Even when sealed, there was substantial movement inside which didn't seem right. Now unsealed, mine slide out way too easily if I'm not careful. I would prefer a more snug finish and made-to-measure fit. Seems a bit amateurish with such movement and space inside..

Slips themselves are good in terms of finish/bossing/spot gloss etc but are of the "skinny" variety which don't really float my boat :rolleyes::p

As cooey said, the Lenti is truly abysmal. And I mean.. shockingly bad! :vomit: I was browsing for Fathers Day cards just yesterday and saw several that had amazing lenti effects and depth that blows this release lol. Go figure :confused::LOL: We're in the wrong market :hilarious: Not much more to say on that one apart from the back is great ;) Fortunately I received all 3x numbered cards with the same number but it still annoys me the metal card was pulled so late on as that was a selling point for me to begin with when I placed my order.

Steel is nice (and the first I own for SOTD! :OMG::sorry:) but would greatly benefit from a splash of gloss to make the colour POP! a bit more IMO. That said, mine appear mint so I'll just be happy with that given they weren't even sealed.. :squint:

All in all, not bad but better luck next time EB. This hasn't been a smooth ride to say the least and it's a shame you're now avoiding HDN and your customers. Just happy I received my order now and hope everyone else who's still waiting receives theirs soon (or at least a dispatch note!).

For anyone who's interested in seeing the Blu Box's finish again, I took some pics earlier :Snap:

And again, This ^^

Pretty disheartened that mine hasn't shipped yet
Count yourself "lucky" as you can still cancel!
It's going to be 2 weeks since the bank holiday weekend when they had said that they had drafted in more staff to get ALL orders shipped out.
Yeah right.
WHAT A BUNCH OF LIES

THEY CLEARLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PRODUCT YET TO FULFIL ALL ORDERS.

ALSO IT'S OBVIOUS THEY HAVE CANCELLED THEIR FULL QUOTA OF LENTICULARS FROM THEIR SUPPLIERS AS IT SUDDENLY DISAPPEARED.

Maybe I'm too stupid to use the hermes website but I can't get any tracking information there.
The everythingblu site redirects me to ipostparcels.com --> ukmail.com but there is no tracking update since 2nd June.
My parcel should have arrived on 8th June.

This is the tracking info I got from EB:
Other #82611625875808
Your Parcel is not using Hermes Courier
The courier used with your parcel is iPost Parcels

Hermes was used with international parcels and some early posted parcels for some UK members
Everything Blu most likely used a few different couriers for delivery to UK address and recently started to use Royal Mail

International customers Hermesworld ship parcels abroad but when arrives in destination country it's a different local courier that handles hermes parcels from the UK

In my Country Rep of Ireland the Courier will be Nightline Courier
Hermes will ship to Rep of Ireland and then Nightline Courier will do the delivery when it arrives in Ireland

Hermes will have different couriers in each country that handles parcels they process

UK shipping to UK address is nothing to so with what I posted in regards to hermesworld
Hermesworld is to do with international parcels

Last edited:
Your Parcel is not using Hermes Courier
The courier used with your parcel is iPost Parcels

Hermes was used with international parcels and some early posted parcels for some UK members
Everything Blu most likely used a few different couriers for delivery to UK address and recently started to use Royal Mail

International customers Hermesworld ship parcels abroad but when arrives in destination country it's a different local courier that handles hermes parcels from the UK

In my Country Rep of Ireland the Courier will be Nightline Courier
Hermes will ship to Rep of Ireland and then Nightline Courier will do the delivery when it arrives in Ireland

Hermes will have different couriers in each country that handles parcels they process

UK shipping to UK address is nothing to so with what I posted in regards to hermesworld
Hermesworld is to do with international parcels

I'm from Germany and we have hermes here.
So why didn't they ship it with hermes?
I'm starting to get worried since I can't really track the parcel and it's in transit for more than 10 days.

I'm from Germany and we have hermes here.
So why didn't they ship it with hermes?
I'm starting to get worried since I can't really track the parcel and it's in transit for more than 10 days.
I don't know but it would not be unusual to use different couriers postal services

With post I always give it 2-4 weeks to arrive from the UK to Ireland as sometimes it can take a while

Zoom UK orders for example can take 4-6 weeks for delivery

Some courier services offering cheap post is sometimes slow for delivery

Your tracking though looks as if it was attempted delivery in the UK it will most likely end up been redirected to your correct address in Germany
When post ends up been redirected due to wrong location used first time it adds delays for post to end up delivered

Best to contact everythingblu to check the address put on parcel is correct and if they can do a trace

Reactions: robbodoc
Methinks biggest mistake EB made with this steelbook run was to take up exclusivity and accept a full 4,000 print run .. . certainly a daunting task even for the big boys to shift a full complement of steelbooks in short order especially for a title such as SotD which although a fun flick has already had a few steelbooks (including a better one with the same-ish artwork) and it's not exactly a big hitting Marvel or blockbuster or indeed a "must have" near the top of most peoples' lists.

What should EB do now:
- First and foremost dispatch all unfulfilled orders post haste before goodwill evaporates completely.
- Return all unsold steelbooks to the manufacturer when their exclusivity runs out - or preferably before - even if it's upwards of 2,000 steels - so that another retailer can pick them up sell them without the slips after repacking individually sealed with individual J-cards to those people just interested in the steelbook.
- In future stick to very limited Blubox editions in the 500 - 1,000 max range . . . or at least until they can afford the staff to deal with larger orders . . . and even then never more than 1,500 - 2,000 to preserve genuine collectability . . . their original ethos being to retail a collectable product in the 600 - 800 quantity range.

We've already seen how quickly "The Mummy" trilogy Blubox sold out (680 units / 2,000 steels approx.) and we've seen the same with the SotD Blubox (501 units / 1,000 steels approx.) so not difficult to see what collectors are looking for.

RE: BLUBOX / SLIPBOX - Following on from the feeling that the box is the main attraction here (particularly in the case of THE MUMMY TRILOGY) I was thinking that it would be a cool sideline if EBlu were able to offer PREMIUM SLIPBOXES ONLY for other steelbook trilogies / connected steels already released here in the U.K. or even themed sets of three.
For 10 - 20 quid a pop I'd certainly buy some.
Gorgeous boxes for U.K. "trilogy" steelbooks (same size as THE MUMMY TRILOGY box) with two padded dividers to stop the three steels rubbing against each other would be a splendiferous idea (IMO).
@EverythingBlu the sets that would benefit from PREMIUM SLIPBOXES (no steelbooks involved). . Either you owns the steels already or may like to source them in the future . . . include the following U.K. examples:-
II
V
Box for THE PURGE 1 - 3
114177_large.jpg
110675_large.jpg
163031_large.jpg

Box for Monty Python themed
127629_large.jpg
127628_large.jpg
119477_large.jpg

Box for the original JP trilogy
125120_large.jpg
125121_large.jpg
125122_large.jpg

Box for TAKEN 1 - 3
119332_large.jpg
or
41210_large.jpg
+
60529_large.jpg
124276_large.jpg

Box for the BACK TO THE FUTURE trilogy
136653_large.jpg
136654_large.jpg
136655_large.jpg

Box for THE MATRIX 1 - 3
135284_large.jpg
135283_large.jpg
135285_large.jpg

Box for the STAR WARS original trilogy
137920_large.jpg
137919_large.jpg
137918_large.jpg

Box for the STAR WARS prequel trilogy
137923_large.jpg
137922_large.jpg
137921_large.jpg

Box for DA VINCI CODE 1 - 3
147916_large.jpg
147915_large.jpg
168082_large.jpg

Box for IRON MAN 1 - 3 (lenticular box)
138070_large.jpg
143752_large.jpg
143753_large.jpg

Box for IRON MAN 1 - 3
45468_large.jpg
48048_large.jpg
72909_large.jpg

Box for THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE steelbook U.K. collection (triple dip lol)
13680_large.jpg
55272_large.jpg
170287_large.jpg

Box for TOY STORY 1 - 3
88013_large.jpg
88717_large.jpg
88716_large.jpg

Box for GHOSTBUSTERS 1 - 3 (traditional design)
50844_large.jpg
106875_large.jpg
165420_large.jpg

Box for GHOSTBUSTERS 1 - 3 (Gallery 1988 design)
157200_large.jpg
157201_large.jpg
160693_large.jpg

Box for original RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD trilogy
72029_large.jpg
81676_large.jpg
81675_large.jpg

Box for original MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 1 - 3
56398_large.jpg
56396_large.jpg
56395_large.jpg

Box for STAR TREK XI (3 variants)
8336_large.jpg
or
66685_large.jpg
+
65925_large.jpg
99278_large.jpg

Box for STAR TREK XII: INTO DARKNESS (variants)
85802_large.jpg
78856_large.jpg
77824_large.jpg

Box for THE TERMINATOR 1 - 3
128274_large.jpg
or
42325_large.jpg
+
4925_large.jpg
or
131002_large.jpg
129927_large.jpg

Box for PLANET OF THE APES reboot ( or . . . leave out the metalpak and use the slot for the WAR OF THE PLANET OF THE APES steelbook when it shows up
31193_large.jpg
+ Metalpak
114398_large.jpg
109473_large.jpg

Box for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
99008_large.jpg
119491_large.jpg
or
166988_large.jpg
157203_large.jpg

Box for Vincent Price themed
97508_large.jpg