spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
Did you get anywhere near the £200 that one bloke was asking for on eBay? :LOL:

Might be convinced to part with mine at that price. :hilarious:

LOL :rofl: Doesn't sound good coming from someone who cherishes this release? :kiss::kiss:
I could had got more if I waited and held on longer, but was happy to get rid of it. I didn't make a loss thats the main thing!

@frankfish44 - yes I was right with the debate on values, they did go up :p
Your debate how credible the company is another endless debate....but I agree with you in that respect.

Come on, Virkia. You're just trying to wind people up. You said you were going to leave the thread but you clearly can't help yourself, perhaps it's time you were banned from the thread as you've admitted you didn't even order this.

I'm still waiting to get my money back after asking for a refund 2 weeks ago. My friend still has no despatch notice and it's sneaking up to 6 months since we ordered!

^ Sorry to hear that.
No, not at all . . . I was just curious to know how many have opened theirs and found signed cards from the Wilson Brothers / Zombie Twins (only two) but as usual things get twisted by people desperate to score points or receive "Thanks" and degenerate until the whole issue is snowed under by argumentative chatter and sometimes amusing gifs.

. . . and by the way nowhere does it state in the rules that one has to have bought the steelbook in question before one can voice an opinion in the relevant thread.

Feel free to ignore my posts if they disturb your sensibilities.

• Thanks
Reactions: Chee_Kno
^ Sorry to hear that.
No, not at all . . . I was just curious to know how many have opened theirs and found signed cards from the Wilson Brothers / Zombie Twins (only two) but as usual things get twisted by people desperate to score points or receive "Thanks" and degenerate until the whole issue is snowed under by argumentative chatter and sometimes amusing gifs.

. . . and by the way nowhere does it state in the rules that one has to have bought the steelbook in question before one can voice an opinion in the relevant thread.

Feel free to ignore my posts if they disturb your sensibilities.

And feel free not to post if they disturb members sensibilities :whistle: :thumbs:

^ Funny funny chap you are you are and a very funny chap you are . . .
Anyway, back to the package . . .
So, who's still waiting?

Last edited:
I really like the curved edges too:thumbs:

If EB do release hot fuzz and they decide to put a booklet with it, I hope they put it inside the steelbooks cos I wouldn't want the hot fuzz blubox to be any wider than the sotd one.. it would bug me on the shelf if the spines are a different thickness

Hot Fuzz will be a One Click and one to open for sure :) .

That edgeing effect rearly works well . It was well worth the wait I am thrilled with mine .

Also the shade of red that @EverythingBlu used ozzes class and style .

GLAD you like yours Chunk :) .

What as your words at the beginning, 'patience it be with you soon'? So I'm using your words, patience my friend it will be with you soon, enjoy the delays :D

Yeah I know, still being patient, I haven't reached out to them via email or social media. Just sucks that it's taking this long with vague excuses

Yeah I know, still being patient, I haven't reached out to them via email or social media. Just sucks that it's taking this long with vague excuses

So this is interesting to see. If you don't moan at them on social media, are they going to stick you to the bottom of the list? It's not long until the 5th week, heading into July (lol). Maybe you will get your dispatch on Independence Day :)

I am still waiting but since I don't do social media and figure an email to EB is pointless I am going to just try to block this release out of my mind for now and focus on the tons of cool preorders from the pros, some of which are on their way to me now. Good luck to all In the same boat as me.

This close after release, that was inevitable. Most releases have this bump. I wonder if this will hold true once the dust settles.

That will most certainly depend on the credibility of the retailer. If they continue like the way they are and slow moving shipments, there will be less trust to consider purchasing again. Obviously less purchase = less demand therefore less chances of this gaining in value slowly as completionist would not want this.

If they somehow bounced back on this game then I will say yes. Due to the large fan base, completionist in the trilogy good chance it will go up in value (it already has!)

That's why I said, is your argument based on EB throwing the towel or going bust?

Or is your argument focused on would it go up in value if they were to continue as they are and managed to release all of the trilogy?

Edit - for those that don't know our discussions just read the whole thread again lol

Last edited:
Guess who has no shipping confirmation despite being promised to have it by the (past) weekend? Gave them an extra day on top to honor their promise. Foolish me.
This is just ridiculous.

Even if they were to release the most improbable (One Two Three) of my all time favorites in the best possible packaging, I still wouldn't buy from them ever again. I'm done with them and I seriously consider just writing off the money, because I really don't want to waste another second on them.

Last you'll hear from me on this matter.
Don't let ur money go as they win then as get money have extra stock to sell

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Crikey! I remember when steelbook collecting was a fun hobby but look at it now . . . it's as if a black cloud has descended on this thread to obliterate the sunny mood and high expectations that filled the first half . . . and, yes, it's understandable that it's turned into a funereal procession thanks in the most part to the most unfortunate delays.
Not even the recent appearance from EB and their assurances that "all active orders will be fulfilled" was enough to lighten the mood, alas, and it'll be so good to read when there's no-one waiting for news of their items. Yes indeed. Hopefully by the week-end . . .
Whatever happens I'm sure everyone knows deep down that no-one is going to loose out, that no-one has been cheated or ripped-off . . . despite what some on here like to kick around . . . and the last few stragglers are bound to be bound for their final destinations as I write this.
Yes, of course, the delays suck but it should be clear my now that EB made a massive error of judgement in agreeing to take a complete 4,000 U.K. allocation for this steelbook and if a lesson hasn't been learnt here I'd be very, very surprised and if they stick to Bluboxes or limited boxsets of 600 - 800 (or 1,000 max) I'd be astonished if this situation is ever repeated.

There are also people understandably unhappy that premium releases they bought as WEAs are now popping up elsewhere like the HDZeta GLADIATOR appearing in Italy and Manta's KINGSMAN appearing at HMV like six months later.
. . . and even I'm undecided exactly how I feel about seeing some of the rarest HMV, Entertainment Store (remember them with their nice exclusive stickers LOL?), Play.com and Zavvi exclusives that I bought years back now appearing cheaply at Amazon.It. - titles such as THE GREEN HORNET, GLADIATOR, WATCHMEN, OBLIVION, EX-MACHINA, MOON, DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, MAZE RUNNER, THE PUNISHER (2004), WORLD WAR Z, HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS, ELYSIUM and SUPER 8.
Happy that others who were not around at the time are being given the chance to pick up long OOP (in some cases) steelbook titles? Yes, probably on balance!

• Thanks
Reactions: Norwichlad
That will most certainly depend on the credibility of the retailer. If they continue like the way they are and slow moving shipments, there will be less trust to consider purchasing again. Obviously less purchase = less demand therefore less chances of this gaining in value slowly as completionist would not want this.

If they somehow bounced back on this game then I will say yes. Due to the large fan base, completionist in the trilogy good chance it will go up in value (it already has!)

That's why I said, is your argument based on EB throwing the towel or going bust?

Or is your argument focused on would it go up in value if they were to continue as they are and managed to release all of the trilogy?

Edit - for those that don't know our discussions just read the whole thread again lol

Based my argument based on what I see in general with premium releases. They mostly enjoy a bump after release. But given time, I believe the raw need to have a particular item erodes thus pushing down values. The fact that there will be other releases we focus on because they are the newest and best :LOL: means that there will not be enough demand to sustain a high valuation.

I think you remember the good old days when values rose and stuck for a while. Then, there was just a single premium retailer and steelbooks were still a niche item plus there were not that many releases. That environment was perfect for speculating since the steelbook market was small and demand was high.

I get your point that the trilogy is a huge deal in the UK. My main point is that if that with time, every release becomes less relevant and thus loss in value or many a times at or below cost. Regardless of retailer or their situation. Just a general observation over time that has been accelerated due to steelbooks being so common now and the sheer amount of releases meaning every release has a short time to shine before focus turns to the next best thing.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lutzo
Based my argument based on what I see in general with premium releases. They mostly enjoy a bump after release. But given time, I believe the raw need to have a particular item erodes thus pushing down values. The fact that there will be other releases we focus on because they are the newest and best :LOL: means that there will not be enough demand to sustain a high valuation.

I think you remember the good old days when values rose and stuck for a while. Then, there was just a single premium retailer and steelbooks were still a niche item plus there were not that many releases. That environment was perfect for speculating since the steelbook market was small and demand was high.

I get your point that the trilogy is a huge deal in the UK. My main point is that if that with time, every release becomes less relevant and thus loss in value or many a times at or below cost. Regardless of retailer or their situation. Just a general observation over time that has been accelerated due to steelbooks being so common now and the sheer amount of releases meaning every release has a short time to shine before focus turns to the next best thing.

In that respect not many steels are going to go up in value and hold in value in the long run. More steels than there are collectors due to the completely saturated market. I understand the inital hype like anything. Old steels go and new steels come in and take their place and inital hype. It then goes around in circles...

Well I guess the key rule really is get rid of the steel if you plan in selling at some point while it's going hot before it drops down. The market is very unpredictable with the premium market and much of a risk as well if you plan on reselling due to the high import costs. Generally most steels are selling below the cost price these days.

You just got to know how to pick and choose them.