spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
Worth every penny

I got the BLU BOX, the most heavily embossing I have ever seen on a box, looks realy good and the construction is solid.
Both steelbook slip covers are lovely editions, but the Lenticular one is the weakest of the 2, it doesn't look as good as other lenticulars ive seen, it has streaks top to bottom and the 3D image effect is ok.

Worth every penny if you think cost to buy individually and then you get the hard box as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
@moon and @adarkcorner
RE: WILSON BROS. SIGNED CARD - regarding message received today from the brothers, please let me know if the package has to be unsealed to access the signed card.
Thanks in advance

From the YouTube unboxing clip, they are clearly inside the box. It also seems as though the signed ones are individually shrink-wrapped.

Last edited:
Reactions: virkia
Both steelbook slip covers are lovely editions, but the Lenticular one is the weakest of the 2, it doesn't look as good as other lenticulars ive seen, it has streaks top to bottom and the 3D image effect is ok.

Yeah for me the very weak lenticular was far more disappointing than the long wait to receive it. This must be massively improved for future releases, and frankly if other things were rejected and/or changed during production then the lenti should definitely have been changed before production started properly.

I know from past experience that lenticular images can be poor (just ask zavvi), so this really should have been one of the first things to check via some kind of sample from the manufacturer. For future releases I will need to see evidence of the lenti effect before I purchase.

For the people who are still waiting, how long did you guys wait to order after it went live?
Hey, I created an account just to reply, I personally ordered on 1 march, even though i've been following the forum on here since February. Contacted them when the bank holiday mess happened and contacted them again today. I live in scotland and I think it's shocking how I've still had no dispatch and others overseas recieved they're copy in the first week of dispatch. For anyone interested i ordered the blu box and I'll update if I heard anything new.
Stu.

Yeah for me the very weak lenticular was far more disappointing than the long wait to receive it. This must be massively improved for future releases, and frankly if other things were rejected and/or changed during production then the lenti should definitely have been changed before production started properly.

I know from past experience that lenticular images can be poor (just ask zavvi), so this really should have been one of the first things to check via some kind of sample from the manufacturer. For future releases I will need to see evidence of the lenti effect before I purchase.
Changing the lenti would have incurred more cost . They are struggling already and the other changes were to cut costs.

Ok guys, as we have said before personal attacks will not be tolerated. We don't want to close the thread as everyone is free to have their opinion. Anyone seen attacking other members will find themselves with a thread ban. If any member sees a post that is attacking or inciting please use the report button rather than retaliating. A mod will then look into it. Can we try and keep the discussion civilised. Thanks.

Last edited:
but the Lenticular one is the weakest of the 2, it doesn't look as good as other lenticulars ive seen, it has streaks top to bottom and the 3D image effect is ok

Yes, Don't know what it is with some of these lenticulars . . . and the same streaking effects can be seen also in some on the Disney lenticulars.
Strange that this unpleasant effect is not to be seen on my Amaray lenticulars or even on my steelbook lenticulars from other companies such as Sony and Universal. Strange indeed.

Close-up of the surface of a lenticular print.

According to Wiki:-
"Discordant harmonics
This phenomenon is unfortunately very common, and is explained either by incorrect calibration of the support or by incorrect parametrisation of the prepress operations. It is manifested in particular by streaks that appear parallel to the lenticules during transitions from one visual to the other."
and
"Synchronisation of parallelism of the printing to the lenticules
The origin of this problem is a fault in the printing and forcibly generates a phase defect. The passage from one visual to another must be simultaneous over the entire format. But when this problem occurs, there is a lag in the effects on the diagonals. At the end of one diagonal of the visual, there is one effect, and at the other end, there is another."
Bad cutting of the lenticular can also apparently lead to phase errors between the image and the lens (ghosting etc.).

We signed 75 of them, allowing for cards to be secreted inside (if memory serves) 25 of each of the 3 iterations of the releases. Random things were written of the back of some to make them even more different...
Nice. What's your favorite steelbook?

i checked mine but didnt see them signed but like mentioned some people will never open so they could have signed cards but will never know! :)

We signed 75 of them, allowing for cards to be secreted inside (if memory serves) 25 of each of the 3 iterations of the releases. Random things were written of the back of some to make them even more different...
Bit futile if the cards are sealed inside as a lot of collectors will not open the seal and these collectables will never see the light of day.

Yet another reminder to keep it friendly and respect others. If you're going to call others names, your posts will be deleted. And if that's not clear enough and you persevere with the hostile attitude, you'll be banned from posting in the thread, or more.

You don't need to like everyone else's posts or agree with them but you do have to respect others' opinions. You have the option to add someone to the "ignore" list, use it. Enough already.

Bit futile if the cards are sealed inside as a lot of collectors will not open the seal and these collectables will never see the light of day.
Luckily the plastic was loose enough on mine that I could fan them out and see that none are signed, not sure if some might be more tightly sealed though. Don't want to unseal them as they didn't give us anything to put them in :confused:

Just noticed I somehow quoted the wrong post, should have been @howarmat

Last edited:
Luckily the plastic was loose enough on mine that I could fan them out and see that none are signed, not sure if some might be more tightly sealed though. Don't want to unseal them as they didn't give us anything to put them in :confused:

If you're talking about the plastic that's actually on the pack of cards itself, there's no need to break that seal. If you get a signed card, it will be separate from the standard pack of cards (but still inside the steelbook), with its own shrink wrap around it.