spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
No where in his post in the OP does it say steelbook. granted I could ask around, but perhaps its not steel. just saying.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles
Is disusing EverythingBlu on HDN now ok to do so and posting links to the new website they will be launching

That will depend on how Ben wants to handle it. I just sent him a message.

Every legitimate release should be covered here at HDN with no discrimination. So if something ever appears to be discriminated upon then there is usually a real good reason behind the scenes! Could be legal emails we get from studios to remove or could be owners of such Companies just being rude and trying to use us. etc. This is general talk and not subliminal jabs at EB fyi.

Last edited:
I don't know what the beef is, but I imagine if we still list Blufans after what went down with Kevin then we should still list this. As long as it's a legitimate release.

If Ben James is the young who asked to pay to users to become "premium users" and join GB he can't support on Facebook and official site later, I'm little bit worried.
WEA steelbook means 24k $ just for Scanavo, and they announced 4/5 titles!
You should add cost for fullslips and royalties for each movie. 25£ is not a real price on this market (just zavvi can offer this price and they don't work on premium releases)
I know exactly all costs and you need a store behind (like filmarena) to support this business in Europe (and royalties for FAC are little bit mysterious too...).
We'll see, but I have more than one doubt on this project.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: eLviS1987
Expect to pay the usual 35 - 45 GBP for these releases ... won't be a penny cheaper, mark my words.

If anything consumers have a wider choice now with more players entering the field. Which I hope drives up the steelbook collecting market and more people get in to it.

35£ is minimum price.
18/22% will go for fees (it depends by country).
Royalties
Fullslip (lenticular also)
All shipping costs and warehouse...

If you don't have a secondary line of business you're just working free.

competition is a good thing as long as it is regular.
I remember when Ben Jumped into Group Buy competition...and I have no good memory., but maybe EB improved logistic area. We'll see...
Who works on premium releses production knows that 25£ can't cover all costs for a WEA.

HOLY S**T ! This must of slipped past me! And a UK retailer too.

Hopefully they try and be competitive on price...... but think they won't!

Really excited for the reveal, one of my favourite movies of all time!

You got red on you!

Reactions: EverythingBlu
£35 at this stage is still £15 cheaper than what we pay to the Asian retailers. This will surely encourage the UK based collectors to buy a local premium release.

I agree, it's about time the UK had some genuine premium releases. If there's folks that value price over quality then Zavvi's got you covered...these sorts of releases aren't for those people.

That will depend on how Ben wants to handle it. I just sent him a message.

Every legitimate release should be covered here at HDN with no discrimination. So if something ever appears to be discriminated upon then there is usually a real good reason behind the scenes! Could be legal emails we get from studios to remove or could be owners of such Companies just being rude and trying to use us. etc. This is general talk and not subliminal jabs at EB fyi.

I don't know what the beef is, but I imagine if we still list Blufans after what went down with Kevin then we should still list this. As long as it's a legitimate release.

There was a tiff , not beef. HDN has rules just like other sites have theirs. Not every tiff or issue that happens should be made public and thus I felt like one day it could be corrected. I'll just leave it at that.

I cannot speak on any of the other parts of this release, but I'm sure Ben can and will so that's up to him and up to members to make their own choices on what releases and Companies they choose to support.

So far it sounds like an exciting release for SOD fans.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!

First off thanks your comments here. As John says, just a tiff. We are all adults, sorted the situation and here we are, no biggy and also a thanks to John & his team is in order too.

We will try and cover all of your comments to give you a clearer idea here.

@duckandrun we understand your hesitation but in all honesty some of your figures are off, especially to the setup we have made with not just one studio but several. Yes we are a small company but again small/new company doesn't mean small finances. That could be sourced from elsewhere thats all we can say there.

Legitimate release? Of course, we have been quite for over a year and Shaun of the Dead has been in discussion for around 6 of those months. The way we are setup with the studios is unique and has never been done before in the UK. With studio(s) on board it was a case of working out HOW we work together and thats resulted in the only "premium" UK SteelBook retailer (currently). So yes, we are "another premium retailer" but the only one in the UK market which is where we are based and thats the gap in the market we saw.

Pricing. The prices shown here are correct, Full Slip: £25.99/£21.66, Lenticular: £27.99/£23.33 & Blu Box: £59.99/£49.99 and no its not BLUE lol.

SteelBook. Now i know a lot of you are after an amazing WEA design but it's not going to be the Ultimate SteelBook this time round. Technically it is exclusive/WEA to us and not available anywhere else but its a minor tweak to a previously released steelbook. This unfortunately was out of our hands other than the one change we made. Going forward upon success of Shaun, we will get our own designs put forward and have a lot more freedom.

That brings us on to why another Shaun release? Well, just because there are several SteelBooks on the market, we don't feel all have had that definitive edition. This certainly applies to Shaun of The Dead and the rest of The Cornetto Trilogy. Also, the other releases we have lined up are along the same lines. Once we settle into the market, we will explore movies that have not had the SteelBook treatment yet but for our first release it makes more sense with this approach. We would have had many more hurdles to get over than we already did, had we pushed for a more WEA design.

As for our VIP services that used to exist. Some members just simply didn't understand it, minimal fee per month to join as many GBs as you liked without any fee per copy. That was then, this is now, we had many happy members but now its onto our big adventure.

So ask away guys and girls, we will answer what we can if its not giving too much away but in the coming days artworks will be shown etc.

Thanks again to everyone,

EverythingBlu.

Last edited:
'' we are aiming for one every 4-6 weeks. Nothing is for certain and when we say that it could be longer. The prices will be around (EU/Rest of the world) £25.99/£21.66 full slip , £27.99/£23.33 lenticular & £59.99/£49.99 Blu Box :)''

Their answer on instagram!
wow! at those price am in for sure :)

are these a UK based company? £50 for 2 premium steel's is fair vs £50 for say Nova Civl War lenti only (which is the last premium am importing)
If these are the prices then am in for sure :)
I do have the Canadian import but thats just a plain steel, for this movie. Would LOVE a slip for it and at £25 approx, I'd consider that a fair price (Ideally I'd love to get lenti steels for £20 or less but thats unlikley)

cheers for the info 1990ge :)

Last edited: