spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
Love the front of the full slip, really love it!... the back not so much. I prefer the art on the back of the lenticular. Just wish they went with art a little more original than the play.com one on the steel (especially since I bought that for £5.99 about 4 years ago and chances are the discs are the same)

I'll still purchase a lenti if it's still available on release date
Hello, thanks for your comments.

We have explained in this thread the reasoning behind the flipped steelbook artwork, simply restrictions for a first release is all.

EverythingBlu

• Helpful Post
Reactions: davhyl
All that is missing is a nice booklet. If it had one at this price, it would been the best premium debut release by any retailer till date.
We are looking into booklets for future releases. The quality of which we would want our booklets would be difficult to keep the price point exactly the same but with hopefully better shipping rates soon etc. it could actually balance out to something very similar.

Thanks
EverythingBlu

After being a bit unsure if to take the plunge for this one, finally went for the Blu Box edition after seeing the in hand pics of the slip,looks great!
Another reason was the service to its customers that this new company is attempting to put across on this thread with quick honest answers.
Good luck for the future and am looking forward to getting my hands on the finished item!

We are looking into booklets for future releases. The quality of which we would want our booklets would be difficult to keep the price point exactly the same but with hopefully better shipping rates soon etc. it could actually balance out to something very similar.

Thanks
EverythingBlu

Please, no more tat. What's the point of a booklet?

(I feel the same way about; Art cards - what are you supposed to do with them?, Numbered plastic cards - what purpose do they serve? They're completely unrelated to core product, Slip cases -just add unnecessary wear and tear to the steelbook)

If you have to pad out these releases why not add items of use? Things that people buy independently? Things like Soundtracks, Substantial Art books or quality movie posters?

No one would buy booklets, plastic cards or packs of art cards if it was sold independently, at least I don't think they would.

I'm not trying to offend I just don't understand the point of this stuff (I have an order placed for Shaun of the Dead :))

Last edited:

(I feel the same way about; Art cards - what are you supposed to do with them?, Numbered plastic cards - what purpose do they serve? They're completely unrelated to core product, Slip cases -just add unnecessary wear and tear to the steelbook)

If you have to pad out these releases why not add items of use? Things that people buy independently? Things like Soundtracks, Substantial Art books or quality movie posters?

No one would buy booklets, plastic cards or packs of art cards if it was sold independently, at least I don't think they would.

I'm not trying to offend I just don't understand the point of this stuff (I have an order placed for Shaun of the Dead :))
Hello thanks for your comments.

We get where you are coming from but overall people like releases as a package. We are trying our very best to put info booklets in rather than just photo booklets, as movies fans a lot of people would read the booklet.

We are of course, very early in to our business but the items you have listed are certainly on our list of products to release and when we do, you may start seeing combinations of our steelbook releases with maybe exclusive prints etc, for those who want it all (but a while off that at the moment).

Thanks,

EverythingBlu

I feel exactly the same, I just want the steel and slip... maybe one random bonus item inside, specific to that release. For example, for this, just Shaun's store badge. I've always thought that. We seem to be in the minority though :rofl:

Finally, someone took the words out of my mouth, i also feel this way. This extra cards and booklets were way overhyped, i am more interested in the actual movie, if the steelbook art and slips were great then that's the bonus for me. I respect other collectors obsessed fascination with the cards and stuff,but i guess we're just the minority here who valued the content more. or maybe im just easy to please ..

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Presentation is everything when it comes to limited editions like these, its not actually the movie itself that you have seen multiple times already and most likely already own

• Thanks
Reactions: EverythingBlu
Finally, someone took the words out of my mouth, i also feel this way. This extra cards and booklets were way overhyped, i am more interested in the actual movie, if the steelbook art and slips were great then that's the bonus for me. I respect other collectors obsessed fascination with the cards and stuff,but i guess we're just the minority here who valued the content more. or maybe im just easy to please ..

Not "easy to please" maybe just like me happy with the standard steelbook and maybe just like me in the wrong thread (lol).

As we know a cottage industry has built over time to support the collector who wants more bang for his/her bucks than the basic steelbook - in other words, the "premium package", which can contain all sorts of goodies housed in a collector's box including Artcards, slipcases/slipcovers, posters, lenticular magnets and other geegaws.

Now these extra items may seem superfluous to you and me, and to other regular collectors, but there's evidently a decent enough market to support the several companies involved in the supply of these Premium Package (for example here we have a fifty page thread, and counting, for a release not out until April - very rare to have such interest in a thread for a regular steelbook with only FRIGHT NIGHT recently generating a similar level).

As we also know some of these "extras" have been tried out on the regular steelbook buyer like me with a bunch of these steelbooks supplied either with lenticular magnets stuck on the front (some much more successful than others as in the SPIDER-MAN and HULK lentis vs. the Disney lentis) or steelbooks housed in slipcases - basic items, though, not much thicker than slipcovers, more often than not with the same artwork as on the steelbooks and with no special treatment such as raised print or images.
There are also the steelbooks from Eureka or Arrow that would feel somehow incomplete if they didn't contain a booklet of at least twenty pages held inside by those two clips which seem to me designed to hold such an item and there have even been some steelbooks that come with folded posters . . .
These are clearly NOT attempts to challenge the premium market as the prices have been the same as that of regular steelbooks and they could be considered more like freebies than anything else.
Reasonably enough, premium packages = premium dinero.

Anyway, wish them well even though I personally still feel that the steelbook itself is what matters with the chance to not have to pay over the odds for a Blu-ray housed in metal rather than plastic packaging . . . but then again maybe I'm more money conscious now than I used to be but 50 or so quid for a steelbook with "goodies" (a steelbook that it could be argued is not worth more than10 quid by itself) is for me just a bit OTT.

On the other hand, don't want to be "that guy" who as Oscar Wilde used to say "Knows the price of everything but values nothing" (or something similar) as this slipcase clearly looks STUNNING and if I collected this sort of thing I'd be amongst the first in the queue to pre-order it:-
Now this is what I call a worthy slipcase . . . worthy to hold this film but maybe too good for this steelbook (LOL):-
II
V
sod-fs-1-jpg.825613
sod-fs-2-jpg.825614
sod-fs-5-jpg.825617
sod-fs-3-jpg.825615
sod-fs-4-jpg.825616
sod-fs-6-jpg.825618

Last edited:
Not "easy to please" maybe just like me happy with the standard steelbook and maybe just like me in the wrong thread (lol).

As we know a cottage industry has built over time to support the collector who wants more bang for his/her bucks than the basic steelbook - in other words, the "premium package", which can contain all sorts of goodies housed in a collector's box including Artcards, slipcases/slipcovers, posters, lenticular magnets and other geegaws.

Now these extra items may seem superfluous to you and me, and to other regular collectors, but there's evidently a decent enough market to support the several companies involved in the supply of these Premium Package (for example here we have a fifty page thread, and counting, for a release not out until April - very rare to have such interest in a thread for a regular steelbook with only FRIGHT NIGHT recently generating a similar level).

As we also know some of these "extras" have been tried out on the regular steelbook buyer like me with a bunch of these steelbooks supplied either with lenticular magnets stuck on the front (some much more successful than others as in the SPIDER-MAN and HULK lentis vs. the Disney lentis) or steelbooks housed in slipcases - basic items, though, not much thicker than slipcovers, more often than not with the same artwork as on the steelbooks and with no special treatment such as raised print or images.
There are also the steelbooks from Eureka or Arrow that would feel somehow incomplete if they didn't contain a booklet of at least twenty pages held inside by those two clips which seem to me designed to hold such an item and there have even been some steelbooks that come with folded posters . . .
These are clearly NOT attempts to challenge the premium market as the prices have been the same as that of regular steelbooks and they could be considered more like freebies than anything else.
Reasonably enough, premium packages = premium dinero.

Anyway, wish them well even though I personally still feel that the steelbook itself is what matters with the chance to not have to pay over the odds for a Blu-ray housed in metal rather than plastic packaging . . . but then again maybe I'm more money conscious now than I used to be but 50 or so quid for a steelbook with "goodies" (a steelbook that it could be argued is not worth more than10 quid by itself) is for me just a bit OTT.

We are are already looking into these comments for the minority who are only interested in the SteelBook. We have looked at our desired print runs moving forward and we hope to be catering a very small print run for the steelbook ONLY. This steelbook only would not be included in the Blu Box (as you sometime see with one click style packages) because we feel this really is pointless. The minority may say that buying two editions of the same movie is also pointless, but thats one bit of crazy we accept (and like) to buy in the premium steelbook market.

Thanks!

EverythingBlu

I feel exactly the same, I just want the steel and slip... maybe one random bonus item inside, specific to that release. For example, for this, just Shaun's store badge. I've always thought that. We seem to be in the minority though :rofl:
We thought of Shauns badge which was originally a separate item but then it just made sense for the numbering card to be his badge.

please see our reply further down about steelbook ONLY copies going forward which will interest you.

Thanks
EverythingBlu

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: davhyl and Flloydo