spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
With all do respect everythingblu, you can throw in every reason why it is delayed and most of us will simply ignore...no disrespect.

It's no different from work employee coming into work late on the first day. Okay it can happen to any of us, but it happens again on the second time. Now it gets flagged up and the same excuses for coming in late are not believable, more of being disorganised I feel. That's whats happening here. We are all becoming very cautious with these delays and the number of projects you have at the same time.

First impressions of a retailer and service that are new are really important. Right now it's not good. If this gets delayed on third occasion any further I'm gonna throw in the towel.
Hello,

We completely get this. This why we have not listed the reasons why it was delayed. As our previous post, it has been delayed because it has to be. We are not wanting to give you excuses you couldn't careless about, we get that. We also get, that YOU have chosen to spend YOUR money with us and we're very grateful for that and want to get this product to you as soon as we possibly can.

None of our other projects or the stages that they are at effect Shaun of The Dead, you have no worries there.

Thanks for your comment.

EverythingBlu

Hello,

We completely get this. This why we have not listed the reasons why it was delayed. As our previous post, it has been delayed because it has to be. We are not wanting to give you excuses you couldn't careless about, we get that. We also get, that YOU have chosen to spend YOUR money with us and we're very grateful for that and want to get this product to you as soon as we possibly can.

None of our other projects or the stages that they are at effect Shaun of The Dead, you have no worries there.

Thanks for your comment.

EverythingBlu

Please could I get a refund be nice is there was no delay

Hello,

Thanks for your comment.

EverythingBlu

I interpreted your first message where you stated the bank holidays and the logistics of a 'large job' as an excuse and those are the reasons why this is delayed. If those are your reasons I feel those are your excuses.

I will still keep the order and I have every confidence this will be a great product. But it raises the question how disorganised you are as a retailer if there are no excuses. I hope my next post on this thread will be how great this product is, shipping time from the 19th May.

I feel I have to raise this to you so you are aware of the feedback and all the other lurkers reading these posts that don't want to post anything that feel the same way as I do.

Don't disappoint us please. And I believe I speak on behalf of many. Look forward to this release on the 19th MAY.

I sure hope these get shipped before payment for the other releases are due.

This is one of my main concerns. I can live with the odd delay and as their first release I'll let them off but this can't keep happening and I hope everything they decide to do is spaced out and we have enough notice about pre order etc and no more than one a month for a while (and i think that with any premium retailer tbh)

I don't want them to get ahead of themslelves. They are not at a kimchi level at all in that respect.

I know they have said hot fuzz is in the pending approval stage but for all we know that could get approved tomorrow

No money for other titles should be taken until this is sent out

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and sunnyx
I personally think EB should be allowed to be a little "unorganised" since their a small team that's fairly new to all this, and it's obviously their first major release... plus it's the product that really matters, which they're clearly aware of and want to make sure it's perfect!

No doubt EB will learn from all this anyway and hopefully in future they'll only announce release dates once they're absolutely certain they can meet the deadline. At least they're being vocal about it and providing constant updates though, which is more than some retailers do.

P.S. If you're not happy to wait any longer, then I suggest you just simply request a refund... wanting a discount isn't helpful for anyone, especially a new retailer who are currently trying to find their feet and need all the help they can get.

Hi guys,

EverythingBlu tries to be as honest and transparent to our customers as we can so we are sorry to say things are not moving as fast as we hoped partly due to the recent bank holidays where everything virtually stopped.

We are gutted about this because we honestly can’t wait to get this product in your hands.

Please give us a little more time to sort out the logistics of such a large job but we think you will be pleased with the end result from our protective packaging to the final product.

Once again we ask for your patience and hope you will stick with us until this product is released and in your hands.

The New Release Date: 19th May 2017

EverythingBlu is blown away by your continued support.

Please watch this space for the first sneak peek of Hot Fuzz! Showing at 8.30pm And coming soon is our first Competition where you get to win free stuff!
giphy.gif

first i was :spitout:, then merely :ugh:, but i have since become :) in the end as i love this film and the package looks great. i hope these problems are just down to it being your first release, but thanks for keeping us informed, @EverythingBlu

Who cares about the delay, I want a perfect product, so I'll wait. I'm happy to support these guys, give them a chance.

I can live with a delay like I've already said but they did take money in Jan so they are pushing it a bit. And in the future I hope things are more concrete and they don't jump the gun and give us info they can't deliver on until they Are 100%. like noodles says they have to learn from mistakes and find their feet, that's cool. But they need to get this out before they take pre orders for anything else and if these delays keep happening with each release then the majority won't stand for it. And I don't mean the odd week or 2 - they are fine

This release I can handle because I want them to get it right > but making a good impression they are not!

Although keeping us informed is a good thing :thumbs: hope they don't stop with that

Reactions: lgans316
I think what a lot of people are missing on this is there appears to be 3 issues.
Firstly money was taken on pre-orders 3 months in advance as Flloydo quite right stated. That's a long wait for a steelbook pre-order. EB are a new retailer, we give them a benefit of the doubt. We were aware and accepted that when we paid for it so we expected this to arrive on the date stated by EB, but it didn't.

Secondly there is a clear difference between giving us a 100% quality product vs logistics side. If it's correct on how I interpret logistics, that means organisation and getting this all together. The product is all there and done and completed. But it's putting all the jigsaws together that forms the package. If a retailer needs more time with the design and finish of the jigsaw, fine we can understand the delay.

But if the retailer is having delays and problems putting the jigsaws together that comes down to logistics, then to me that is being disorganised and an inexperienced retailer.

The first delay was to allow more time for a quality product. Now this delay is logistic this needs to be fed back to EB and improve on their efficiency. I hope EB in time will learn from their mistakes and how to keep on deadlines. We are not disputing this will not be a great product. It's getting it all together to one well packaged cake.

Thirdly, should the worse happens and EB goes bust (very unlikely but it does happen), as we paid in January and now subject to further delays, if you used a debit card, you only have a certain amount of time to make a charge back depending on the circumstances, I would say as a guideline four months to do this. After that we may lose that ability to make a claim. With CC it's different as you can also use Section 75 of the consumer credit only if the goods are over £100 and there is longer time scale usually around six months. You need to also factor that in with very long pre-orders. It is unlikely but it does happen.

I think what a lot of people are missing on this is there appears to be 3 issues.
Firstly money was taken on pre-orders 3 months in advance as Flloydo quite right stated. That's a long wait for a steelbook pre-order. EB are a new retailer, we give them a benefit of the doubt. We were aware and accepted that when we paid for it so we expected this to arrive on the date stated by EB, but it didn't.

Secondly there is a clear difference between giving us a 100% quality product vs logistics side. If it's correct on how I interpret logistics, that means organisation and getting this all together. The product is all there and done and completed. But it's putting all the jigsaws together that forms the package. If a retailer needs more time with the design and finish of the jigsaw, fine we can understand the delay.

But if the retailer is having delays and problems putting the jigsaws together that comes down to logistics, then to me that is being disorganised and an inexperienced retailer.

The first delay was to allow more time for a quality product. Now this delay is logistic this needs to be fed back to EB and improve on their efficiency. I hope EB in time will learn from their mistakes and how to keep on deadlines. We are not disputing this will not be a great product. It's getting it all together to one well packaged cake.

Thirdly, should the worse happens and EB goes bust (very unlikely but it does happen), as we paid in January and now subject to further delays, if you used a debit card, you only have a certain amount of time to make a charge back depending on the circumstances, I would say as a guideline four months to do this. After that we may lose that ability to make a claim. With CC it's different as you can also use Section 75 of the consumer credit only if the goods are over £100 and there is longer time scale usually around six months. You need to also factor that in with very long pre-orders. It is unlikely but it does happen.

I understand you might be frustrated but being salty about it is the wrong move here, did any steelbook retailer knock it out of the part there first time? nope!! So either ask for a refund if you're dissatisfied and keep it moving or sit and wait patiently like everyone else.

Just F.Y.I Paypal Buyer protection last 6 months

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand you might be frustrated but being salty about it is the wrong move here, did any steelbook retailer knock it out of the part there first time ? nope !! So either ask for a refund if you're dissatisfied and keep it moving or sit and wait patiently like everyone else.

Just F.Y.I Paypal Buyer protection last 6 months
I am aware of Paypal protection but PP wasn't available at the time when SOD was launched for pre-order and many didn't pre-order with PP. So you obviously ordered late and never did order in January did you? If you can 'understand my frustration' but can't be patient enough have a civil conversation with me but rather than to add an insult, maybe you need to be educated and learn not to post rather than deploy childish behaviour.

I am aware of Paypal protection but PP wasn't available at the time when SOD was launched for pre-order and many didn't pre-order with PP.

Tbf I placed my order the minute it went live on jan 6th and I paid with paypal. ;)

Last edited:
Sad thing is, this could get delayed until December and I'd still pre-order the Hot Fuzz one on top of this because I like the Cornetto Trilogy too much.