Sherlock Season 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Release Date: 14th December 2015
Purchase Link:
HMV UK
HDN Group Buy: Click HERE <( for 1, 2 or 3 series or Abominable Bride)
Price:
£19.99
s1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Instant purchase
Just a waiting for HMV Ireland to list this

I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes and love the BBC TV series

Even though I already have this on Blu-ray I will be double dipping with ease

There are only 9 episodes total, so why the hell are the BBC releasing three separate SteelBooks? That's £60 for 9 episodes, or £6.66 per episode! What an absolute rip off! £19.99 is far too much for a SteelBook containing just three 1 & a half hour episodes! I'm pretty sure that they could have bundled them all in one package for a more reasonable price (like £30-£45). Such an unnecessary waste of materials! BBC have no clue whatsoever!

but blu-ray.com says season 1, season 2 is region free
and season 3 has two edition, one is region free, one is locked B, C...
:confused:

Sherlock TV Series Episodes
Blu-ray
Series 1 Region Free (2 Discs)
Series 2 Region Free (2 Discs)
Series 3 Region Free (2 Discs)

Series 3 also has another release Sherlock Series 3 Special Edition with Slipcase it has 3 Blu-ray discs
81amHrI6wpL._SL1500_.jpg
Disc 1 Region Free
Disc 2 Region Free
Disc 3 Bonus Disc with new extras Region B/C exclusive to the special edition

The steelbooks will be the standard Blu-ray Editions (2 Discs each) and are Region Free
It's very unlikely series 3 the steelbook to be the special edition 3 Disc version and even if it was it's only the bonus disc that is Region B/C

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: RabbitChen
Sherlock TV Series Episodes
Blu-ray
Series 1 Region Free (2 Discs)
Series 2 Region Free (2 Discs)
Series 3 Region Free (2 Discs)

Series 3 also has another release Sherlock Series 3 Special Edition with Slipcase it has 3 Blu-ray discs
Disc 1 Region Free
Disc 2 Region Free
Disc 3 Bonus Disc with new extras Region B/C exclusive to the special edition

The steelbooks will be the standard Blu-ray Editions (2 Discs each) and are Region Free
It's very unlikely series 3 the steelbook to be the special edition 3 Disc version and even if it was it's only the bonus disc that is Region B/C
Thanks for all the info...:angel:
i'm really exciting about this release!

Reactions: paulboland
Cool that more tv series are getting steelbooks.
I've never watched these but would be up for them.
Bit pricey for me considering it's only a couple of episodes (I know they are like 90 mins long)

I'm hoping both series of Fargo get steelbook releases

Reactions: luke98
These are lovely but we already have the blurays

For the length of the series and episodes it is far too expensive and we don't double dip :(

Massive fan of SH in all his incarnations with a preference for Basil Rathbone closely followed by Jeremy Brett and Peter Cushing.
Naturally read all the long and short stories as a teenager and mindful that Conan Doyle went to the same school and by the fact that he used several of the school settings in his stories - in particular the Yew Walk for "The Hound of the Baskervilles".

That being said, I strongly feel that this is OTT pricing - GBP 60 for 3 individual steelbooks - when we could have had something similar to the Italian jumbo steel containing seasons 1 - 3 for the equivalent of GBP 35 and that could be followed by another jumbo steel for seasons 4 - 6.
Would go for the singles (unless the jumbo had bonus content not included in the singles a la "BttF" trilogy) but not on your nelly at 20 quid a pop - more reasonably @GBP 11.99 each.

The story doing the rounds when I was there back in the day (and probably one of those urban myths) is that Sir Arthur C.D. was expelled, or suspended, from school because he held up an umbrella whilst being reprimanded by one of the priests (Jesuit school so all masters were priests) who was well known for his habit of ejecting quantities of spittle with his telling offs.

I realise that it's not really relevant to the pricing of these three steelbooks but the
"Sherlock: Complete Seasons 1 - 3" boxset is available at Amazon and Zavvi for just under 20 quid . .

Last edited: