PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: August 1, 2017
Purchase links: Funimation.com - Amazon USA
Price: $26.24 (Funimation) - $24.99 (Amazon) - $19.96 (Walmart) - $24.99 (Best Buy)

shin-godzilla-movie-bd-dvd-combo_uv_1-768x768.jpg

Special Features and Specs:
Godzilla vs. the Nerds: Interview
Original Trailers
Original Japanese Audio Track with English subtitles
English Audio Track

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Thanks, @PunkNinja! I'm so happy that this is getting a U.S. release! Honestly, I hate the way Godzilla looks in this, but since it's apparently a direct sequel to the original 1954 film, I can't wait to see it! :thumbs:

I don't recall any references to the original 1954 film when I saw it. Straight laced reboot IIRC.

Gonna get the cheap and chips HK BD next month anyway. Need to give it another go. Found it a real mixed bag

It actually is not. Early leaks said it would be and it has a similar feel to the original, but it is a reboot of the franchise.

That's pretty disappointing then. Is it dark/realistic like the first film, or does it have that cheesiness of all the Godzilla films after the original?

That's pretty disappointing then. Is it dark/realistic like the first film, or does it have that cheesiness of all the Godzilla films after the original?
It is pretty realistic and dark, most of it also focuses on how the government reacts to this creature existing. It's very different from all of the sequels that have come out.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Region locked I'm guessing looking from the pics. It's a shame because that slip looks amazing!

@bigrob do you know which region the HK BD is? I know HK sometimes is region B compatible.