Show off thread-Most Expensive/Most Rare Blu-ray/DVD Ltd Edition you have!

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
A new thread to let your hair down and show off your prized possessions you've collected over the years in Limited Edition Blu-Ray or DVD Sets-all collectors welcomed-'value' /'rarity' and 'meaning' are as individual as the collector of course. So if you love it, post it, regardless if your collection is big or small. Have a very expensive Limited Edition, or Rare Edition? Post a pic and let show your pride in your collection.

A few houserules to keep this fun and drama free:

This is primarily for Non-Steelbooks. Please do not post pictures with multiple copies of Limited editions of the same item to trade bait (Please see Trade Forum to buy/sell with members and for forum rules).

Out of respect to our members still searching for these at reasonable prices, this type of multi-qty pic causes unnecessary ranting and raving and can cause members to fall out. Unlike some other forums ours is moderated and run by actual collectors and movie fans. HDN works hard behind the scenes to create a friendly community of all types of movie enthusiasts. Those posts will be deleted-this is a fun 'show off' thread for your own personal collection.

Thanks-lets see what cha got! :scat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WKRP
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is basically my one true non-human love. That and Angel has had a big part in shaping who I am today. I can't begin to tell you how much they mean to me. Joss Whedon will forever be my hero.

So these are probably my most prized possessions.

20140625_214038_zps475819db.jpg

20140625_214107_zps2cf89957.jpg

I have this little space dedicated to the Buffyverse and I'll keep filling it. I need to get the season 9 and 10 comics soon.
20140625_214156_zpse7e2cf42.jpg

If there ever comes a day when Buffy is available on Blu-ray, although I highly doubt it, I will pre-order that box set faster than you can say 'Slayer'!
And then I'll shed a grateful tear.

Nice little collection! Just started reading season 10 myself, the cover art so far in the separate issues is some of the best they have done for the comics :D

Reactions: naelst
CLINT EASTWOOD DIE DOLLAR HOLZBOX DVD FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE UNCUT NEW + WATCH

this is my second most expensive edition that I have, the first is the Alien head.
Got this on Ebay "brand new"

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    929.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    825.7 KB · Views: 242
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    927.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    743.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    969.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 237
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 260
CLINT EASTWOOD DIE DOLLAR HOLZBOX DVD FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE UNCUT NEW + WATCH

this is my second most expensive edition that I have, the first is the Alien head.
Got this on Ebay "brand new"

I have this set, Luv it & would never sell it.

Oh? That much!
I wanted to sell my Holzbox. It`s mint. Only a broken ring on the chain. Seems to be a material issue because some different people had same problem. Anf I give the 2-Disc DVD of The good, the bad and the ugly for free. And that dvd still fits in the box. But nobody wants it. And I`m selling it for much less than you have paid. Strange ???

Hi, it's my first post here. I was just look around on google for new collectors and I found your forum. Great by the way ! I m a noob compare to some of you but I got some nice stuff. My collection began with Spiderman in 2002, so I got old stuff you can't find anymore.
One of my favorite is "Evil Dead" limited edition the book of the dead autogtaphed by Sam Raimi. I met him at a MasterClass in Paris for Spiderman 2.
I upload some collector what I didn't see in this topic :
-" 400 years of Monty Pythons". It s the complete 17 DVD collection of Monty Python. (german edition)
- An old one was "Schindler's list" in a big crystal box.
- "King Kong Peter Jackson's diairies"
- "Dusk till dawn" trilogy in a italian edition
- "Bad Taste" Peter Jackson's first movie (german edition)

Attachments

• IMG_2565.JPG
    IMG_2565.JPG
    563 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2566.JPG
    IMG_2566.JPG
    648.9 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_2572.JPG
    IMG_2572.JPG
    469.1 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2573.JPG
    IMG_2573.JPG
    575.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    442.5 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2581.JPG
    IMG_2581.JPG
    458.7 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2591.JPG
    IMG_2591.JPG
    392 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_2592.JPG
    IMG_2592.JPG
    499.1 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2594.JPG
    IMG_2594.JPG
    527.1 KB · Views: 252
I'll continue with
- Old Boy (original korean) autographed by Choi Min-Sik. I met him in a street in Paris. He was here for a projection of this movie in 2008.IMG_2597.JPG IMG_2598.JPG

- Matrix. Everyone got the big ship one, I just a rare one with the demo of the game, the soundtrack and the sunglasses replica.

IMG_2621.JPG IMG_2620.JPG

- The Lord of the Rings trilogy extended version in BR. It s not very rare or surprising but mine it s a french edition with this particularity : one the side, the order of the movies are inverse. You got "The Fellowship of the Ring", "The Return of the King" and finally "The Two Towers" I guess the graphist must be fired :p

IMG_2627.JPG

I'll continue with
- Old Boy (original korean) autographed by Choi Min-Sik. I met him in a street in Paris. He was here for a projection of this movie in 2008.View attachment 100760 View attachment 100762

- Matrix. Everyone got the big ship one, I just a rare one with the demo of the game, the soundtrack and the sunglasses replica.

View attachment 100764 View attachment 100763

- The Lord of the Rings trilogy extended version in BR. It s not very rare or surprising but mine it s a french edition with this particularity : one the side, the order of the movies are inverse. You got "The Fellowship of the Ring", "The Return of the King" and finally "The Two Towers" I guess the graphist must be fired :p

View attachment 100765
OMG you've got the matrix attaché case :thumbs:. I really want that, but I cant find it anywhere anymore :(