UK
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: Shrek
Price: £14.99

11036506-1414767001-32324.jpg

11036506-1414767001-32411.jpg

11036506-1414767001-32348.jpg

Last edited:
Some of the early Zavvi exclusives were originally listed as The Hut exclusives and then ended up as Zavvi, so i expect these to go the same way... ;)

At least it looks like Shrek is a go :scat:

Yes, 3D affects the price.
I do not want to pay for something that I do not need.

But Paramount could release two steelbooks.
Identical steelbooks, but one is with only a 2D disc and the other with 2D and 3D.

Some studios use this strategy for newer titel.

For example Splendid with I. Frankenstein.

Reactions: FanOfGaming
It should be £14.99 like the Indiana Jones Steelbooks are, Paramount catalogue titles have always been competitively priced as opposed to recent Paramount titles.

I have contacted Amazon for an update on this. The product link no longer works, but (at least for me) the product is not canceled from my order.
It either went live by accident for some reason or it is sold out.

You're missing the most likely situation in my opinion => the listing was completely erroneous. Apart from punctuation/capitalisation errors in the title, it made no sense.

I'm not saying it won't be a steelbook in the future (with Zavvi or whoever) but I saw that listing before it was taken down and it was pretty obvious to me it wasn't in any way genuine.

While Zavvi (and by extension, The Hut) exclusives are sold on Amazon, they're sold by ZavviOutlet, not Amazon themselves. I read somewhere that this happened with Deadwood until Zavvi listed it on their own site as an exclusive (and then also sold it via ZavviOutlet on Amazon).

On your order does it say sold by Amazon or ZavviOutlet? Amazon have never sold any Zavvi/Hut exclusives directly themselves, that's the whole meaning of the word 'exclusive'. And I wouldn't be banking on that e-mail from Amazon CS being correct either, we all know what reps can spout out just to finish an e-mail and close a question!

Last edited: