Slipbox Sicario (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive #37) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: February 7, 2018
Purchase link: Plain Archive (Pre-order January 4 at 4 PM Korea time)
Price: $32.99
Notes: 1000 copies

DSj4ZpDUMAASTO4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the not-approved steelbook artwork is gone forever so Im am really happy with what Im seeing here. Will pre-order triple click with both Macbeths

I thought the not-approved steelbook artwork is gone forever so Im am really happy with what Im seeing here. Will pre-order triple click with both Macbeths
Was this artwork not approved as well. I thought they had trouble with the first artwork but wasn't sure about this one!

Was this artwork not approved as well. I thought they had trouble with the first artwork but wasn't sure about this one!
Now I am a bit confused lol. I think there was one artwork which wasnt approved, the drawn one, but that was for the slip if I remember it correctly. Then there was the steelbook artwork (used now for this keepcase slip) and Im not 100% sure, but I thought there was an update on PAs facebook site to say they cannot use it - I thought the reason was that it was already used for the vinyl soundtrack. If thats the case not really sure why it can be a fullslip now, but not a steelbook before. Anyway, still good they are using it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Now I am a bit confused lol. I think there was one artwork which wasnt approved, the drawn one, but that was for the slip if I remember it correctly. Then there was the steelbook artwork (used now for this keepcase slip) and Im not 100% sure, but I thought there was an update on PAs facebook site to say they cannot use it - I thought the reason was that it was already used for the vinyl soundtrack. If thats the case not really sure why it can be a fullslip now, but not a steelbook before. Anyway, still good they are using it.
I think you could be right mate! I'm not sure why they aren't doing this as a Steelbook. It may not have been approved but for a slipcover it has. I definatly remember the first artwork that got rejected. This has been waiting for release for so long it's easy to forget what's happened! Lol.:)

I think you could be right mate! I'm not sure why they aren't doing this as a Steelbook. It may not have been approved but for a slipcover it has. I definatly remember the first artwork that got rejected. This has been waiting for release for so long it's easy to forget what's happened! Lol.:)
I thought it would be strange them releasing this as a amaray fullslip and then as a steelbook too? Doesnt matter as long as we will get this artwork. Actually Im happier with it being used on a fullslip and not something hidden inside the slip if you know what I mean :) But thats just me, Im keeping these sealed so Im happy I will be looking at this artwork on my shelf.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Sigill
I thought it would be strange them releasing this as a amaray fullslip and then as a steelbook too? Doesnt matter as long as we will get this artwork. Actually Im happier with it being used on a fullslip and not something hidden inside the slip if you know what I mean :) But thats just me, Im keeping these sealed so Im happy I will be looking at this artwork on my shelf.
I agree mate, a lot of the editions I don't open either so it's nicer to be able to see it without have to open the slip!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
@Sigill @Collector03601
WQxZo6y.png
I believe you guys were talking about this image, correct?
13072903_866179140193236_4098052086162738732_o.png
Yeah that was the sneak preview they showed. I think the final image had Emily Blunt on the front. They did show a image of it on the computer but it was hard to see it properly. It would have looked really good if they had been able to use the original artwork.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Yeah, real shame this one wasnt approved, it does feel a bit similar to Zero Dark Thirty, but I wouldnt mind them using it at all, stunning illustration:

6615891788029613140680153392797805902731787097408o.jpg

It seems to me there are some issues with the approval as it takes unusually a lot more time and now seeing the steelbook artwork being used for the keepcase edition makes me wonder if we will get that artwork on a steelbook in the end. Its unlikely PA using the same artwork for steelbook and slip too. We will see soon enough I guess.

Their latest image update I found:
Sicario Steelbook.jpg

The tunnel and the heads are indeed part of the reversible sleeve, in case anyone still wanted confirmation ('front' and 'back' are specified).

It also says the slipbox will have semi-gloss(?) and an embossed title, I think that'll look pretty nice.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CollectorEmtee