Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 8, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €22.99

71NFoS3DdzL._SL1221_.jpg

Last edited:
How do you know if its glossy ?

Every single Metropolitan release over the past few years has been glossy, I don't see why they'd change now :) — I don't know about the recently released American Ultra steelbook, the pictures I've seen aren't quite telling if there's a gloss finish, but I bet it's glossy too.

• Informative
Reactions: tono06 and luke98
Be careful. As Augustus pointed out in the Plain Archive thread, a lot of the film has Spanish language spoken and French Blu Rays are not the most English friendly. Been caught out a few times myself. Unless of course you are going to swap out the disc......
you are right! it also happened to me and i ended up switching the discs with the USA ones....by now i know that if order from them i have to b ready to change the discs, i order just if i really like the art!....

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Pre-ordered this as a birthday gift to myself today (Birthday is in February). Was going to start collecting the metropolitan steelbooks last year but got caught up with the Mondo series.

I don't own any Metropolitan release's, but this looks great, is the banner a J-card or is it part of the Steelbook?

I have a number of Metropolitan releases and would confirm that the banners are printed on the actual Steelbooks. It doesn't bother me but that fact would undoubtedly put some people off.

If you can get over the issue of the banner then Metropolitan's Steelbooks are actually of very good quality with a nice sheen to their finish, inside artwork, and a spine which faces the right way for us Ango-Saxons.

Another plus is that Metropolitan's discs have, to date, been free of forced French subtitles.

The downside, however, is that English subtitles are unlikely to be provided for any non-English dialogue contained in the film. That was, I believe, the case with the Russian dialogue in their release of "John Wick", so I would assume that will also be the case with the Spanish dialogue in their release of "Sicario".

It's always possible, of course, that the English subtitles might be hard coded for when Spanish is spoken. I guess that we'll just have to wait and see. A clue might be provided by how this film was presented when released in French cinemas. Are any of the French members here able to answer whether both English and French subtitles were present when Spanish was being spoken? If not, I guess that they won't be present on the disc.

I have a number of Metropolitan releases and would confirm that the banners are printed on the actual Steelbooks. It doesn't bother me but that fact would undoubtedly put some people off.

If you can get over the issue of the banner then Metropolitan's Steelbooks are actually of very good quality with a nice sheen to their finish, inside artwork, and a spine which faces the right way for us Ango-Saxons.

Another plus is that Metropolitan's discs have, to date, been free of forced French subtitles.

The downside, however, is that English subtitles are unlikely to be provided for any non-English dialogue contained in the film. That was, I believe, the case with the Russian dialogue in their release of "John Wick", so I would assume that will also be the case with the Spanish dialogue in their release of "Sicario".

It's always possible, of course, that the English subtitles might be hard coded for when Spanish is spoken. I guess that we'll just have to wait and see. A clue might be provided by how this film was presented when released in French cinemas. Are any of the French members here able to answer whether both English and French subtitles were present when Spanish was being spoken? If not, I guess that they won't be present on the disc.
Thank you for the info @augustus , decided to dip my toe into the Metropolitan water and pre-order, I may be at least double dipping on this film so the disc spec's aren't really an issue, so pre-ordered purely on the potential quality of the Steelbook, thank's again:thumbs:

Reactions: augustus