Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 1st, 2016
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com
Price: £19.99 (Zavvi - Base) - £22.99 (Amazon)

11180840-9934333214435439.JPG

Last edited:
Zavvi being really strange with this release.
Original release date was 31 December 2015.
Then it shifted to late Feb. Then mid Feb. Now the release date is listed as "1st of Feb".
Yet on the invoice page the release date is listed as 31/12/2016, and the item is "awaiting stock pick".
Zavvi never updates the release date in your order details. If it was 31/12/2016 when you placed the order, that's how it will stay, regardless of changes on the product page.

lionsgate studios is releasing the movie in both europe and usa, so it might not be in this situation

The German Steelbook release is from Studio Canal and the French one from Metropolitan, both of whom tend to lock their discs to Region B.

The film has been licensed to a hodgepodge of different companies for domestic release in their own territories including eOne in Canada, Nordisk in Scandinavia, Roadshow in Australasia, eOne in Spain, 01 in Italy, etc, etc.

I would expect most releases, therefore, to be locked to their respective regions, if for no other reason than a condition of their licensing.

The US release has incidentally been confirmed to be Region A locked.

Last edited:
Hello,

Still nothing on the artwork of the Steelbook ? It's crazy just 1 week before release...

Welcome to HDN @LeBougre! :)

I reckon the image in the OP (original post) up top is more than likely the final artwork, and for some reason they just never got around to removing "Artwork TBC" along the bottom. If it is final, then it'll be interesting to see what the back art is. I suppose we'll know for sure this time next week though.

Welcome to HDN @LeBougre! :)

I reckon the image in the OP (original post) up top is more than likely the final artwork, and for some reason they just never got around to removing "Artwork" TBC" along the bottom. If it is final, then it'll be interesting to see what the back art is. I suppose we'll know for sure this time next week though.

Ok thanks for your reply. We'll wait & see then :)

Dispatched? Dammit, was hoping to cancel before they posted.... Wanting to hold out for Plain Archive release instead....

Separately I love both images, but together they just don't flow very well. I may pick it up at a cheaper price, but will wait to see what Plain Archive treat us to first. :)