Silver Linings Playbook (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 19, 2016
Purchase link: Silver Linings Playbook (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

Capture (1).jpg

Old artwork
11118992-1194301349110232.jpg

11118992-1924301349140430.jpg

11118992-1824301349132828.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why even bother with this release, just cancel it completely already if its going to have such poor artwork.

The old artwork was much better... at least that had some colour to it and wasn't bare metal, which this new design seems to be. I'll pass unless it drops to under £5.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
First sign it's coming soon to Amazon:-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CDOWNXW/?tag=hidefnin-21
Bound to be priced @GBP 19.99 though (LOL).

"AMAZON Product Description
UK Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook limited to 2000" :OMG:

EDIT: Can't be sure if . . .
. . . the "Limited to 2,000" bit in Amazon's listing is leftover from the original Zavvi exclusive 2,000 listing (?)
. . . the total U.K. print run for this is still 2,000 and has not been increased to account for Amazon (and other players?)

Last edited:
First sign it's coming soon to Amazon:-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CDOWNXW/?tag=hidefnin-21
Bound to be priced @GBP 19.99 though (LOL).

"AMAZON Product Description
UK Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook limited to 2000" :OMG:

EDIT: Can't be sure if . . .
. . . the "Limited to 2,000" bit in Amazon's listing is leftover from the original Zavvi exclusive 2,000 listing (?)
. . . the total U.K. print run for this is still 2,000 and has not been increased to account for Amazon (and other players?)

It's probably a shared run. Most likely not selling well on Zavvi. 1000 pieces for Zavvi and a 1000 for Amazon.

Received another email from Zavvi earlier that the estimated dispatch date is December 12.

Auto-generated message.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. Silver Linings Playbook - Limited Edition Steelbook is on special order for you with our supplier, we expect this item to be sent to you week commencing 12/12/16.

You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your account and following the prompts. Once your order has been sent you will receive an e-mail to tell you it is on its way.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
zavvi.com Customer Service Team

My card was charged yesterday for this one and American Hustle. I assume all of you were charged for others too (Blades and Saw). They will either dispatch them today or Monday.

Received an email. It was dispatched. American Hustle, too.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Veronica Mars
I thought this got cancelled

Love this film but such a bad looking steel, will wait for in hand photos and decide then

I'm surprised no one has posted a full set of pictures, yet. Got my copy yesterday, so I guess I have the honor. :cigar:

01.jpg

(As always, please take into consideration my images tend to falsify the actual colors - they look brighter in reality.)

02.jpg

(Region B locked.)

03.jpg 04.jpg

05.jpg

The title on the spine looks kinda off. I guess it's supposed to be printed like that?

06.jpg

I haven't ordered it, But if this was spot glossed or full gloss it would look pretty good IMO.

A matt finish will be the deal breaker.....

07.jpg

It's full gloss!

08.jpg 09.jpg

... but mine's riddled with micro dents and scratches as well:

10.jpg

(Due to the glossy finish, it's pretty difficult to take proper images of the dents and scratches, but I guess you see what's wrong.)

Overall I think the steelbook isn't that bad. The full gloss was a very pleasant surprise. Up until I removed the shrink wrap I considered it to be matte. If only it were mint...

Cheers

I was surprised to walk in and find a copy of this in my local record shop today.

Not sure who their supplier is but I didn't have this and at €8 I couldn't pass it up!

They also had one of the lenticular Spider-Man steelbooks (part 2 I think) for the same price and a few older steelbooks (eg: HMV's Expendables for a fiver)

Needless to say, I'll be throwing an eye in there in the future.........

DSC06643 (Medium).JPG DSC06646 (Medium).JPG DSC06648 (Medium).JPG DSC06644 (Medium).JPG