snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 15th, 2014
Purchase links: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies. Includes 3D edition.

First 2,000 customers will also get a free Jessica Alba canvas -
http://www.zavvi.com/merch-posters/sin-city-nancy-jessica-alba-canvas-art-print/10939186.html?affil=awin&utm_source=AWin-111498&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

10985782-1411132958-202942.jpg

10985782-1411132958-202721.jpg 10985782-1411132958-202937.jpg 10985782-1411132958-202710.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What about rental kiosks like we have in the US with Redbox?
None left now in the UK, Blockbuster closed shop and they were the last one. I use Love Film which is similar to Netflix, but none of the UK based streaming service remotely compare in content to their US cousins. I tend to just hit the cinema 2 to 3 times a week then buy the bluray if I like it. I buy the odd blind buy too depending on genre/cast etc.

I do miss the old rental store days, going in on a Final afternoon and raiding the bottom shelves of horror, teen and B movies. Found some great gems over the years. [emoji4]

None left now in the UK, Blockbuster closed shop and they were the last one. I use Love Film which is similar to Netflix, but none of the UK based streaming service remotely compare in content to their US cousins. I tend to just hit the cinema 2 to 3 times a week then buy the bluray if I like it. I buy the odd blind buy too depending on genre/cast etc.

I do miss the old rental store days, going in on a Final afternoon and raiding the bottom shelves of horror, teen and B movies. Found some great gems over the years. [emoji4]

I miss going into Blockbuster Video and seeing the "please rewind the tape before returning it" sticker :ugh:

UK Netflix is crap so that's all of mine lol!

It's funny you say that, I just cancelled my subscription to Netflix, it's appaulling. I was sick of the countless B movies and Bollywood movies. Seems they get a high profile movie like Skyfall for about 2 weeks where they advertise the crap out of it then swiftly remove it.

Anyways, watched this last night and really enjoyed it. I love the style of it so much, every shot is a visual feast.

I know no-one cares but I just want to vent a bit more about the fact that my copies STILL haven't arrived! :mad: :mad: Asked Zavvi to send replacements as I need at least 1 of the 2 copies before Christmas as it's a present. Was told to wait until the 23rd :banghead: and if they've not arrived then they'll send replacements.... That'll arrive on time then won't it! If at all of course!! :punch: :arghh:

I know no-one cares but I just want to vent a bit more about the fact that my copies STILL haven't arrived! :mad: :mad: Asked Zavvi to send replacements as I need at least 1 of the 2 copies before Christmas as it's a present. Was told to wait until the 23rd :banghead: and if they've not arrived then they'll send replacements.... That'll arrive on time then won't it! If at all of course!! :punch: :arghh:

we do care and feel for you ! i've had my troubles w/ zavvi and quite sure there are plenty in the store in the future ... sadly.

but, do not let it ruin your Christmas !

as it happens, i'm waiting for my copy too. then again there is one unopened zavvi package waiting ... Hmmm.

;)

Just a heads up for those who don't have a Region Free player; I was able to play it disc with my Region A player using the remote control menu button trick. For those who don't know about the trick, I'll explain the process. You start by inserting the disc and letting it play to where you get to a screen indicating the disc is incompatible with your player's region. You then press stop on your remote to get to your player's default screen. Press stop again and then press your remote's main menu button (others have reported having to press the "top menu" button instead but on my Samsung player I use the main menu botton). You will then be taken to the movie's main menu screen, ready to play the movie and special features! This works for many Region Locked discs out there but I'm not sure if it works for all players. There are threads in other blu-ray forums that list discs in which you can unlock with this trick and players that have worked with them. So, I can't guarantee this would work on your player but it did work on mine. From what I've read and heard, most players should be able to use this trick on discs which can be unlocked with this trick.