snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 15th, 2014
Purchase links: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies. Includes 3D edition.

First 2,000 customers will also get a free Jessica Alba canvas -
http://www.zavvi.com/merch-posters/sin-city-nancy-jessica-alba-canvas-art-print/10939186.html?affil=awin&utm_source=AWin-111498&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

10985782-1411132958-202942.jpg

10985782-1411132958-202721.jpg 10985782-1411132958-202937.jpg 10985782-1411132958-202710.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Be warned if you have ordered the bundle you will have already been most likely charged £3.99 for the canvas print. Basically it's a CON as usual by Zavvi. You can buy these prints in my local shopping mall for £2.99!

If you cancel your order because you don't like the art you will still be charged for the canvas print!

Why should you get the canvas for nothing if you cancel the Steelbook? The deal is for both items, not one or the other. It isn't a con, no one is being mislead, the cost breakdown is clearly displayed when you add the items to your basket. It might not be a good deal but it is down to the consumer to find the best deal.

Reactions: mkdfan and MrBMT
Why should you get the canvas for nothing if you cancel the Steelbook? The deal is for both items, not one or the other. It isn't a con, no one is being mislead, the cost breakdown is clearly displayed when you add the items to your basket. It might not be a good deal but it is down to the consumer to find the best deal.

Cancelled whole order, was still charged for the print. Cancelled it within 2 minutes of ordering.

The cost breakdown is the con! The steel should be £24 as usual, and the print free. Instead it's £20 for the steel and 3.99 for the print, the print you pay for up front. If the arts bad and they loose orders they just gained a nice little earner in shifting prints no one wants that are cheaper on the high street.

CHAVVI pulling a fast one! I bet there will be more freebies "not free" after this to lessen order cancellations. If they had any integrity they would dispatch both items like the Asian companies when the steelbook is ready for dispatch.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Be warned if you have ordered the bundle you will have already been most likely charged £3.99 for the canvas print. Basically it's a CON as usual by Zavvi. You can buy these prints in my local shopping mall for £2.99!

If you cancel your order because you don't like the art you will still be charged for the canvas print!
If you've been charged, it's because the print had already entered the dispatch process.

I'm not sure why you consider it a con, can you get the print cheaper elsewhere? Sure... However how much is the Steelbook without the canvas? £23.99. How much is the Steelbook with the Canvas? £23.99.

You're not loosing anything by ordering it with the print, as you pointed out you can still cancel the order even if you've already had the print dispatched - in which case you've paid £3.99 for the print, which IMO is fair enough as if you hadn't cancelled your order the end price would still have been £23.99 and it wouldn't be fair for you to get the print for free if you didn't want to honour the order.
If they had any integrity they would dispatch both items like the Asian companies when the steelbook is ready for dispatch.
So rather than have something that's available today... you'd rather wait months for it? Personally I think Zavvi are doing this a very sensible way and certainly don't think it lessens their integrity. I'd certainly much rather have it ASAP. Normally I'm not a defender of Zavvi but the terms were clearly shown upfront in this case and it was your decision to accept them when you ordered. If you didn't like/want the art print, then you shouldn't have added it to your order.

If you've been charged, it's because the print had already entered the dispatch process.

I'm not sure why you consider it a con, can you get the print cheaper elsewhere? Sure... However how much is the Steelbook without the canvas? £23.99. How much is the Steelbook with the Canvas? £23.99.

You're not loosing anything by ordering it with the print, as you pointed out you can still cancel the order even if you've already had the print dispatched - in which case you've paid £3.99 for the print, which IMO is fair enough as if you hadn't cancelled your order the end price would still have been £23.99 and it wouldn't be fair for you to get the print for free if you didn't want to honour the order.

So rather than have something that's available today... you'd rather wait months for it? Personally I think Zavvi are doing this a very sensible way and certainly don't think it lessens their integrity. Normally I'm not a defender of Zavvi but the terms were clearly shown upfront in this case and it was your decision to accept them when you ordered. If you didn't like/want the art print, then you shouldn't have added it to your order.

If you cancel from Asian retailers you loose the freebie, this is an incentive to stop customers cancelling on Zavvi, an upfront fee whether you keep the order or not. The print is junk and certainly not worth the 9.99 they are charging for it, that's a con to make people think they are getting a good deal when they order the steel. The ploy failed. I cancelled my order and will be returning the print at Zavvi's expense!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
If you cancel from Asian retailers you loose the freebie, this is an incentive to stop customers cancelling on Zavvi, an upfront fee whether you keep the order or not. The print is junk and certainly not worth the 9.99 they are charging for it, that's a con to make people think they are getting a good deal when they order the steel. The ploy failed. I cancelled my order and will be returning the print at Zavvi's expense!

I guess this is just a result of the blame culture in our society right now. The facts were clearly presented, you made a bad decision but blame the retailer and not yourself. Of course the retailer wants you to think that you are getting a good deal. If you didn't, then you wouldn't go for the deal. A bad deal is not a con. If you walked into a HMV store and saw a couple of Steelbooks in their 2 for £25 deal which you found Amazon were selling for a tenner each, would you scream con in the middle of the shop or simply recognise that it isn't a great deal and get them from Amazon? How about Zavvi include a link to cheaper competitors on all product pages to avoid trying to 'con' their customers in the future? :rolleyes:

Cancelled whole order, was still charged for the print. Cancelled it within 2 minutes of ordering.

The cost breakdown is the con! The steel should be £24 as usual, and the print free. Instead it's £20 for the steel and 3.99 for the print, the print you pay for up front. If the arts bad and they loose orders they just gained a nice little earner in shifting prints no one wants that are cheaper on the high street.

CHAVVI pulling a fast one! I bet there will be more freebies "not free" after this to lessen order cancellations. If they had any integrity they would dispatch both items like the Asian companies when the steelbook is ready for dispatch.

I dont understand why you ordered it then cancelled 2 minutes later? Especially if you knew the print was cheaper to buy on your high street.

This offer is deceiving as Zavvi doesn't do a very good job of explaining that you have to order the two items separately. A lit of people assumed that the print would be sent free when ordering the SteelBook, but Zavvi should have made it more clear that you have to put both items in your basket in order for the offer to take effect. Only those who read forums like this would know otherwise

I predict there will be quite a lot of disappointed if they pre-ordered straight away & their free print doesn't arrive!

This offer is deceiving as Zavvi doesn't do a very good job of explaining that you have to order the two items separately. A lit of people assumed that the print would be sent free when ordering the SteelBook, but Zavvi should have made it more clear that you have to put both items in your basket in order for the offer to take effect. Only those who read forums like this would know otherwise

I predict there will be quite a lot of disappointed if they pre-ordered straight away & their free print doesn't arrive!

I think you should take another look at the product page, it looks pretty clear to me...

zavvi.jpg

I think this deal was fair. If you got 'stuck' with a canvas, then you were trying to pull a fast one on Zavvi, which is exactly what they are trying to prevent.

I'm sure it's annoying for any online retailer to have hundreds of pre-orders cancelled at the last minute.

I didn't buy this SB because it is overly expensive. It's the first one out of the gate, and a lot of people here have Zavvi-fever right now, but there are other retailers releasing this, and I'm willing to wait for Future Shop's kick at the can.

Reactions: snooloui
I have discovered something quite disconcerting, which I am sure Zavvi are unaware of:

If you add 2x SteelBook (@£23.99 each) plus 2x Jessica Alba print (@ £9.99 each) to your basket, only one print is discounted, and they will charge you for the second

I had previously ordered two Sin City 2 SteelBooks before finding out about the free Jessica Alba print. The original order was for £47.98 (2x £23.99), which I cancelled to re-order with the print. I added two prints and two SteelBooks to my basket, proceeded to complete the checkout, but then noticed that the final total charged was £57.98 - 1x £23.99 (SteelBook + free print), 1x £23.99 (second SteelBook), plus £9.99 (price of the second print)

I would also add that if you attempt to cancel the order, it will fail, and only the SteelBook portion will be cancelled. Zavvi will refuse to cancel the print, which will magically be in the state of being processed for dispatch, and YOU WILL BE CHARGED! I cancelled the order within two minutes of placing it (and subsequently realising their mistake), yet the print was already being processed - since when did Zavvi operate this fast?

Zavvi Sin City Order.PNG

So if you're ordering multiple copies for yourself and a mate or whatever, you have to ensure that you do them one at a time, or else Zavvi's system will not discount the price of the print and you'll end up paying full price for any additional prints you add to your basket!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ronnie3067
The way I see the canvas print situation and "con" is that Zavvi do not let you cancel the order for the canvas once it has been made. And we are literally talking 2 minutes here.

You can't call their offices to inform them of the immediate change of mind, because they adopt a messaging system!

It does not take a mere 2 minutes to start the dispatch process, so them not allowing you to cancel the Canvas after a quick change of mind is the con, in itself.

The thing is, at least Zavvi are consistent in their approach to business, which is why bar the exclusives, I try to shop elsewhere.

My question is why so many people are ordering and cancelling within 2 minutes?!?

For the reason I explained above. If you're ordering more than one (Ie, for yourself and a mate) then they do not discount the print twice. Only once for the first order, and they charge you for the second print, thus resulting in the need to cancel the order and re-order singularly in order to make the discount work.

I have added a screenshot of the order page so you can see what they have done, where the true total should be no more than £47.98 (2x £23.99)

It's clearly an issue with Zavvi's ordering system, where the discount is not being applied to the second or subsequent orders, and is only working for the first. If anyone here has ordered multiple copies for a group-buy, then I would advise that you double-check your orders to ensure that the discount has indeed been applied multiple times, or else you may find yourself paying full price for a print which is supposed to be free with each SteelBook

Last edited:
I also had issues ordering this, so cancelled my 2 copies straight away and re-ordered seperately (I bought 2 to give me a better chance of a mint one - then will sell the second at cost or give it to my brother or something)

Anyway, had 4 canvases shipped this morning and £18 taken out of my account! Gonna be a bloody hassle sorting that out isn't it! :angry::angry::angry: