Sin City: A Dame to Kill for (3D + 2D SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: November 18, 2014
Purchase link: Future Shop.ca
Price: $24.99
Group Buy: Drum18

Finish: Matte
Units: 4,000
Notes: SteelBook is NOT the same as USA. SteelBook is 100% exclusive to Future Shop world wide. WEA is not confirmed yet.
sincity.jpg

Sin-City-2-3D-BD-Steelbook-Front.jpgSin-City-2-3D-BD-Steelbook-Back.jpgSin-City-2-3D-BD-Steelbook-Outside.jpgSin-City-2-3D-BD-Shot-Steelbook-inside.jpg
360 View

sincity.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! A design that fits the movie and the series. And Eva Green is always a plus.

Zavvi really stuffed up bad with their one. Why would they go with a design that doesn't fit the Steel they released for the first movie?

Maybe because they had a ton of complaints!

Zavvis version matches nicely with the original version sold elsewhere!

Reactions: SaberTooth
Cannot believe that some people prefer this artwork to the Zavvi art

Neither can I dude! Just rain effect and a load of writing! Very disappointing indeed. I had high hopes FS might have a full shot of Eva on the front, nice gloss finish etc. This is beyond dreadful, only the inside art is ok and that doesn't make a good steelbook.

Reactions: StifflersDad
From the OP: "SteelBook is 100% exclusive to Future Shop world wide" . Well all I can say is Thank the stars the rest of the world is spared this atrocity.

I like the art with the FS... I don't see anything wrong with it... plus... there is no "3D" text on it... which I know most of us are not a fan of.

I just think that Zavvi's is better, more colorful... and I can't find a reason to cancel my Zavvi Preorder to get this one, which would be more expensive for me in the States...

I will be interested to see what this contrast on the colours is, is it the same as Drive mondo with whiter whites. The front artwork looks ok but the back is poor. I like the German lenticular version the best so far.

Reactions: psychoscot
Maybe because they had a ton of complaints!

Zavvis version matches nicely with the original version sold elsewhere!

To each their own.

I love Zavvi's Steelbook for the first movie because it uses Frank Miller's art from the comics which I'm a huge fan. FS's artwork here combines Miller's art with the look of the movie really well, and as I said before fits the tone of the series better.

My problem with Zavvi's design for this one is that it looks really tacky and makes me think more of what they used for their Machete Steelbooks than Sin City. Slapping half-naked Jessica Alba on the cover is just a cheap gimmick t make it sell better imo. It makes more sense for Eva Green to be on the cover since she is the titular dame to kill for.

I don't like it. The front image is decent but there's too much text (mentioning Frank Miller three times is unnecessary, the German/Zavvi editions got it right) and it appears that Eva Green only has one leg in this movie. The inside artwork is good apart from the Jessica Alba image which just looks out of place (the Zavvi inside artwork is the same minus Alba and looks great). As for the back... :giggle:

Now that you mentioned it, yeah can't see her other leg properly, looks like she had a misadventure. :LOL: At the moment happy to stick with my Zavvi release, some prefer this artwork, it's good to see more choices for steelbooks, wish we had this option with the other movies, oh well.