Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #27) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: Sleeping Beauty
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 4000

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

full01.jpg
full02.jpg
full03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my copy today (only ordered last week). I agree with all those have stated about the flexing issue on the front, it is quite annoying but just have to learn not to prod it I guess it! There is a very minuscule chip on the top of mine, but all in all, this a wonderful piece of art and I'm happy to have it.

Sleeping Beauty showed up today. What a great steelbook! I agree with what's been previously said regarding the dark colors (could be a little brighter). Only other complaint is the embossing. The "pop" issue is there and the usual over-use of embossing that Zavvi likes to employ. But overall, great artwork, and a great addition to the collection! :thumbs:

To order or not to order. I want this but if it drops in price and I order now I'm going to kick myself. It wouldn't be the first time Zavvi dropped the price on a Disney steel.

Reactions: Marina Blue
sorry to be the pooper about this latest wave but im really not that impressed. its probably because i have the fully loaded diamond edition with awesome fantastically embossed mint slips for sleeping beauty and snow white and beauty and the beast. my copy of b&tb is poppin too. wth.

next to these beauties, the popping steels just aint doin it for me. :bored:

image.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
@jimmyv those are some classics that actually have gone up more than 2x their value (especially B&TB). Very nice slips and a bunch of bonus features to boot. Sleeping beauty NA amaray dropped in value when the re-release came out, but it'll rise up again.

ive got the last three steels released and i like them,i think b&tb was the best of the new releases but i have to admit, like jimmyv i love the slips on the us blu rays ive tried to get most of mine from the us for those slips,i love the lion king and basil the great mouse slips they are stunners imo. and the monsters uni slip was a beaut

sorry to be the pooper about this latest wave but im really not that impressed. its probably because i have the fully loaded diamond edition with awesome fantastically embossed mint slips for sleeping beauty and snow white and beauty and the beast. my copy of b&tb is poppin too. wth.

next to these beauties, the popping steels just aint doin it for me. :bored:

View attachment 123895
Nothing I think can compare to the Sleeping Beauty Slip from the Disney Classics.
Loving having both the steels and the slipcover versions

Damn that dent is a killer... Just seeing the horror stories makes me want to preorder two copies of a steenbok >.<. On the bright side, that Maleficent poster is awesome.