Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #27) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: Sleeping Beauty
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 4000

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

full01.jpg
full02.jpg
full03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this may be my favourite from the four Disney steels that I received today... and that's saying a lot, since they're all stunning!

After receiving The lion King today and loving the artwork on that, I was amazed to see this still available at Zavvi, so have placed an order and well can't wait to have it!

Now this is my favourite so far out of the 4 i receieved. Love the colours, embossing, back art. The only problem is the popping of the front due to the embossing, this is the worst I have ever seen on a steelbook and it really shows which is such a shame. You can actually see it curve outwards from the side. I also have some chips on the back. Only beauty and the beast to go so I hope that is undamaged but knowing my luck it will have some defect

Now this is my favourite so far out of the 4 i receieved. Love the colours, embossing, back art. The only problem is the popping of the front due to the embossing, this is the worst I have ever seen on a steelbook and it really shows which is such a shame. You can actually see it curve outwards from the side. I also have some chips on the back. Only beauty and the beast to go so I hope that is undamaged but knowing my luck it will have some defect
That's a result of the use of the thin borders looks great on the steelbook using a thin border but this results in you getting the popping effect

Reactions: Flloydo
That's a result of the use of the thin borders looks great on the steelbook using a thin border but this results in you getting the popping effect
Ohhhh it's the thin borders, I get what you mean. Also it does have a strange embossing dragon/title that I imagien adds to the pop but yeah the thin border does make them look nice. Especially this. Real shame about the popping tho, I've got a few that pop but this is another level

I think the UK Django Unchained is the worst one I own with the popping problem. It's quite annoying actually, I'd rather they use a thicker border.

This steelbook looks great from what everyone has posted! I'm really glad that Zavvi used the old Platinum Edition art from 2008 with the medieval text. I was very disappointed when Disney changed the title on the new Diamond Edition we got here this fall. At least this steelbook can make up for it!

From Tarzan, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty, this one is the best looking out of the three, but still doesn't beat Aladdin because of the weird embossings, like Aurora's tiara and prince's cape. These steelbooks would look so much better if only the border and title would be embossed. Embossed noses of the dwarfes on Snow White casts in the same category as those embossed eyes on Toy Story Steelbook.