Slip Cover Deal Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This thread is to inform all collectors of "YMMV" slip cover deals.

This can include price drops/cuts of blu-rays at wal-mart which contain a slip cover.

Coupons for release of titles that contain slip covers

Great weekly sales of titles that contain slip covers etc.

You get the deal ;)

Oh yeah, PRIME is a must. We did group buys on PRIME here on the forums back in 09 and I have stuck with it since. Though I had it since maybe 08 tho even before that.

Its about $15-19? per person if you do a group ... You're welcome to open up a thread on that and see if members bite if your interested.

For those of you who live near a Fry's in the US, A.I. Artificial Intelligence w/ slipcover is $9.99 (tagged at $16.96 but rings up at $9.99).

I got mine! :scat:

Reactions: Wreck
Oh yeah, PRIME is a must. We did group buys on PRIME here on the forums back in 09 and I have stuck with it since. Though I had it since maybe 08 tho even before that.

Its about $15-19? per person if you do a group ... You're welcome to open up a thread on that and see if members bite if your interested.

I had PRIME last year, and I agree, it is great. I decided not to renew it though this time around. As I type this, amazon still hasn't shipped Due Date. How does it work with multiple buyers?

One person is the main account holder and then you can add 4 more people. So technically if you knew a family member who has it you could ask them to add you for free. Otherwise the group buy aspect just makes it cheap for everyone.

Main person can only add the people and they enter the email address of your amz account. Once entered, you have it until PRIME runs out or the group renews etc. Because the main person has your email addy you typically get an email from that person when its time to renew ... I had this happen once on a forum where I really didnt know the person too well. Worked out great tho.

Reactions: darczap
Oh yeah, I bought most all my WB ones there. In fact I bought them all but 4, so I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the last 4. They also dont come with any crappy stickers on them since they come straight from the distributor. (which is obviously really nice) Of course they arent shrink wrapped tho which woulda been better. (the blu-rays are shrink wrapped, just meaning the slips aren't as well)

I already have How The West Was Won digibook, so when I order the goldie I'll just trade in the blu-ray haha.

hmmmmmm it's giving me reduced shipping cost, but not free. Showing me $5 shipping.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

orders over $100 or more get free shipping regardless

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

HAHAHHAHAAH GOT IT! I just tried this and it worked. At the billing information screen it allows you to enter a code in there as well. So type in FREESHIP and it applies free shipping whether your order is over $100 or not as $100 + gets free shipping anyways.

Sooooooooo

go here

http://www.wbshop.com/on/demandware...w?q=o-sleeve+blu-ray&AID=10280984&PID=4003003

add what you want then type in WRNRBLU you get 10% off all.

then next screen step 2 at billing type in FREESHIP

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Each month they have birthday coupons for those whose birthday is in that month and its 20% off ... I was trying to find a May 20% off code ... dont know if it would work with free shipping, but if it did that would be sweet.

At wal-mart they put a lot of blu-rays for $10.00 on an endcap .. many dont have slips, but the same blu-rays located on the aisles that have slips ring up for same price.

I got Jonah Hex with slip for $10 (pretty cool movie)
I saw Book of Eli & Terminator Salvation as well.

Last edited:
I also saw that $10 endcap at my Walmart too. Jonah Hex and Terminator Salvation all had slipcovers. Book of Eli were all slipless. They also have some Fox titles for $10.

yah I bought "the last boy scout/last man standing" bd for $10 $5 a movie is sweet by me, esp since I already turned in both those dvds for like $9 a couple weeks back. nice upgrade.