SNES Classic Mini Edition (2017)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: September 29, 2017
Purchase: Amazon US - Amazon UK - Amazon DE - Amazon FR - Amazon IT - Best Buy - Game UK
Price: $79.99 - £79.99 - €99.99

21 Games - Star Fox 2, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past and more!

US BOX.jpg UK BOX.jpg
US.jpg UK.jpg

Eurogamer are reporting that Nintendo plan to release a SNES Classic Mini Edition, similar to their NES Classic Mini Edition from last year, which proved to be more popular than expected and quickly sold out. They report that development on the device is already underway and is planned for a Christmas (2017) release.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-19-sources-nintendo-to-launch-snes-mini-this-year

Attachments

• DDQn1xhXsAAq_Im.jpg
    DDQn1xhXsAAq_Im.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Nintendo Says it Will Produce More Units of the SNES Classic than the NES Classic

Source: DualShockers

In a statement sent to Kotaku, the house of Mario confirmed the news:
"We aren’t providing specific numbers, but we will produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition is currently planned to ship from Sept. 29 until the end of calendar year 2017. At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding any possible shipments beyond this year.

Our long-term efforts are focused on delivering great games for the Nintendo Switch system and continuing to build momentum for that platform, as well as serving the more than 63 million owners of Nintendo 3DS family systems. We are offering Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition in special recognition of the fans who show tremendous interest our classic content."
In addition, Nintendo also confirmed to the gaming site that the cords for the SNES Classic controller will be two feet longer than the NES Classic controller, clocking in at five feet.

:thumbs:

Nintendo Says it Will Produce More Units of the SNES Classic than the NES Classic

Source: DualShockers

In a statement sent to Kotaku, the house of Mario confirmed the news:

In addition, Nintendo also confirmed to the gaming site that the cords for the SNES Classic controller will be two feet longer than the NES Classic controller, clocking in at five feet.

:thumbs:
Thanks for the update Franky, that was the only thing that let the NES console down. The cords were way too short, you had to sit right next to the TV! Lol.:)

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Damn it:(, i missed it. No one tagg me. If someone please has extra copy i am looking for it. Thanks

Damn it:(, i missed it. No one tagg me. If someone please has extra copy i am looking for it. Thanks
Sorry for not tagging you buddy... I basically tagged everyone from the previous NES Mini thread, so either you didn't post in there or maybe I just missed you? Will keep an eye out though mate and tag you if it comes back in stock! Which is your preferred retailer... Amazon UK?

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles