• 10353652_508083872653970_9158708439069820925_n.jpg
    10353652_508083872653970_9158708439069820925_n.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 2,147
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 256
Last edited by a moderator:
To all

It looks like KochMedia used a master with a different aspect ratio, 1:78 vs. the original 1:85, so the image is slightly zoomed, and tha pq is not so good (french is better)
http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_verg...&hd_multiID=1768&action=1&lossless=#vergleich
Interesting, so the Italian version has the highest bitrate, both for video and audio (Italian is also 24-bit DTS-HD Master Audio compared to the 16-bit of the other two) yet a different aspect ratio.

Based on the comparison pics, in some the IT looks better, and in others the French does.

At the moment it seems if you want English subs the Taiwanese version is the one to go for as it has them, but it looks like that may be locked to Region A.

Clearly you can't win :p maybe if a UK steelbook ever gets released I'll just swap out the disk for that assuming it's a better encode.

Okay now its the 3rd of July. Cmon Italian ninjas we need to see some naked pics of this steelbook as purely from artwork point of view this has the potential to be the best release of this in the world!!:ohno::ohno:

Okay now its the 3rd of July. Cmon Italian ninjas we need to see some naked pics of this steelbook as purely from artwork point of view this has the potential to be the best release of this in the world!!:ohno::ohno:

There is already a picture of the front and back earlier in the thread.

just arrived, i'll post pics soon

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

here the pics

e87k3d.jpg

2hn46tt.jpg

-matte finish
- spot gloss on title & broken ice on the front
- debossed & spot glossed logo on the back
- characters "cards" on the left inside
- basic blueprint of the train on the right

Last edited:

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

here the pics
e87k3d.jpg

2hn46tt.jpg

-matte finish
Damn, that's one nice looking Steelbook. Can't wait for mine to arrive now!
My order has finally updated to "In preparazione alla spedizione" so it looks like hopefully it'll ship today.

Great pics, thanks! :thumbs:

Wow. I think this may just be the best Italian Steelbook release to date. It's such a shame that this doesn't have English subs, it would have been a must buy otherwise :(

here the pics

e87k3d.jpg

2hn46tt.jpg

-matte finish

Wow that looks great, look forward to getting my copy soon;)

Reactions: oselallo and rj531
Wow!!!! This artwork smokes the competition including kimchi. In fact the only reason my kimchi order isn't history by now is the English subtitles on that. Otherwise this and the french release are the ones to have.:scat::oohyeah:

Reactions: snooloui
Looks great. Glad I retained my order with amazon.it when others were cancelling due to the lack of English sub-titles. Eager to get this in my hands.

Wow!!!! This artwork smokes the competition including kimchi. In fact the only reason my kimchi order isn't history by now is the English subtitles on that. Otherwise this and the french release are the ones to have.:scat::oohyeah:

Completely agree. This edition blows away the Kimchi exclusive. Can't wait to have it in hand :oohyeah:

Wow. I think this may just be the best Italian Steelbook release to date. It's such a shame that this doesn't have English subs, it would have been a must buy otherwise :(
You can always swap the disks out if it's that much of an issue for you, as for the film anything said in Korean that's plot related is said in English too - the only thing that that might perhaps cause issues with is special features, depending on what language they were recorded in.

Reactions: BluSteel2012