Attachments

• 10353652_508083872653970_9158708439069820925_n.jpg
    10353652_508083872653970_9158708439069820925_n.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 2,147
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 256
Last edited by a moderator:
So, i've seen this movie recently and was, quite frankly, blown away by it. I've decided I need to get a steelbook release of this asap. I think this is the nicest looking steelbook i've seen for the film, but i've just seen on Amazon people talking about this diferent aspect ratio - does this make a really big difference? I'm not very technical so I have no idea :/.
With this release, basically there are no black bars and a tiny bit is cropped off the sides, my advice is go look at the comparison here and decide if it makes any difference to you.

Wait for "loading" process to finish and you'll see a picture filling the majority of the screen - when you have your mouse over the picture you'll be seeing the Italian aspect ratio, when you have it off the picture you'll be seeing the other (in this case french) with slight black bars at the top/bottom. Personally, I've watched it in both formats and didn't find it made much difference at all.

Reactions: ScissorhandsFan
So, i've seen this movie recently and was, quite frankly, blown away by it. I've decided I need to get a steelbook release of this asap. I think this is the nicest looking steelbook i've seen for the film, but i've just seen on Amazon people talking about this diferent aspect ratio - does this make a really big difference? I'm not very technical so I have no idea :/.

I have the Italian Steelbook myself and, in my opinion, it's the best looking of those available.

As regards the image, it has been slightly cropped at the sides, from 1.85:1 to 1.78:1, to completely fill a standard 16:9 widescreen TV. The original aspect ratio of 1.85:1 would still leave small black bars above and below the image.

Although normally a stickler for original aspect ratios, I don't have too much of a problem in this particular case, since the amount of the image lost due to the cropping is relatively insignificant. It's not as though it's been filmed in the scope aspect ratio of 2.39:1, where cropping would seriously impair the image.

Ultimately, it's down to you but I don't see this as a major problem.

Thank you so much @MrBMT & @augustus - you've both been a great help. I don't think its going to make much of a difference to me as I don't mind so long as the picture itself doesn't loose any quality - so, I think i'm going to take the plunge and grab a copy of this one. The way it's heading I can't see a UK DVD or blu-ray release let alone a steelbook! Shame - such a great film and I think alot of people over here won't get to experience it.
Thanks again :D

Artwork : Italy >French >Korea
Video :Italy =French =Korea
Audio : Korea >Italy =French
Korean release has 7.1 audio which is simply sensational and English subtitles which the other two lack.

Artwork : Italy >French >Korea
Video :Italy =French =Korea
Audio : Korea >Italy =French
Korean release has 7.1 audio which is simply sensational and English subtitles which the other two lack.
France have the best video transfer (Korea have macroblocking in dark areas)
Korea have best audio (7.1 English vs 5.1) plus English subs
Italy have the best looking Steelbook and second best audio (with the highest quality 5.1 English track at 4321 kbps 24bit vs France's 2260 kbps 16bit).

Long story short, the "best" version is subjective, go for whichever you prefer. :D
Personally, I wanted the steelbook I thought looked best, so opted for the Italian. :)

Last edited:
back to 16 € !!! (on amazon.it) ordered along w/ Godzilla 3D only 15 € = 35 € TOTAL shipping in

after watching some pics am sure I made no mistake, gonna have both french and italian artworks for my 2 french box sets :p

Got this the other day and I think it was a great movie. Dark, Brutal, strange and in places, very funny! I think it may be an aquired taste, but i loved every minute of it! @Basil you should definitely check it out.

The only gripe I have with the disc is that yes you can have English audio, but when they talk in Korean, the subtitles don't work for English, which is a shame seeing that there was a bit of dialogue that I think was important to the movie that I missed out on.
Hope a UK steelbook is announced!

Last edited:
France have the best video transfer (Korea have macroblocking in dark areas)
Korea have best audio (7.1 English vs 5.1) plus English subs
Italy have the best looking Steelbook and second best audio (with the highest quality 5.1 English track at 4321 kbps 24bit vs France's 2260 kbps 16bit).

Long story short, the "best" version is subjective, go for whichever you prefer. :D
Personally, I wanted the steelbook I thought looked best, so opted for the Italian. :)
Yep I went with the Italian also, just a shame about the subs!