[Note: full slip edition is approved by director Bong joon-ho]

e8esy3e4.jpg
Type C - Lenticular Slip Cover edition package - 666 copies
Snowpiercer Lentic Pack.jpg

1401727940643478.gif
<Lenticular effect>
99dzzb.gif
Old info:
Pre-order date: June 3rd, 2014 14:00 PM (as Korea time)
[Time Table]
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Monday, 2 June 2014, 22:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 01:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 06:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
Paris (France) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 07:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 05:00:00

Attachments

• ????A??_??????.jpg
    ????A??_??????.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 12,736
  • ????C??_??????.jpg
    ????C??_??????.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,765
  • Snowpiercer Full Slip pack.jpg
    Snowpiercer Full Slip pack.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 10,663
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 833
Last edited by a moderator:
@satanclaus ouch ain't the word dawg! It's not scratches it's more like DEEP SCRAPES! It almost feels Debossed! :rofl: I have to joke about it to avoid crying! :cry: It's all "G" though! :meh:

Gah, that sucks. Yeah, it's definitely not surface scratches, as you can see the metal. I'd give Tony a shout about it, because it definitely shouldn't be like it, especially as we can see the steel in various states of undress and it's there all the way.

I'm going to watch it tonight so if nobody answers by then I'll post.
I'd appreciate that too. Not a huge deal, but I'll know if I'm going to have to replace that disc with the eventual US release. I don't mind subs on all the time but the sound design is good in this film, so they aren't needed. I like to use them sometimes older films with mono soundtracks

@8bitheart @villadelrefugio I'm watching the disc right now and due to the Korean menu (and me not understanding it) I'm only able to toggle the sub menu via PS4 options and it seems to be all or nothing. But I haven't came across an area in the film that needed subs. You can turn subs on/off regardless, but if you speak or understand English I'm not sure you will need them ; WHAT I AM SURE OF IS THAT THIS IS A DEMO DISC! THE PQ & AQ ARE TOP SHELF! I'm loving it!

Last edited:
@8bitheart @villadelrefugio I'm watching the disc right now and due to the Korean menu (and me not understanding it) I'm only able to toggle the sub menu via PS4 options and it seems to be all or nothing. But I haven't came across an area in the film that needed subs. You can turn subs on/off regardless, but if you speak or understand English I'm not sure you will need them ; WHAT I AM SURE OF IS THAT THIS IS A DEMO DISC! THE PQ & AQ ARE TOP SHELF! I'm loving it!
That was what I thought (on all accounts). Thanks for the verification!

A full slip/lenticular package with a Steelbook that had the front & inside artwork from the Italian (Koch Media) release and back that used the front from this one, along with all of KimchiDVDs goodies (booklet, post cards, art cards & number card) and KimchiDVD's blurays would have been pretty much the perfect release IMO - as it is I'm glad I just stuck with the Italian release though because it has a much more interesting Steelbook.

Last edited:
I was able to watch the movie with enabling the english subs only when they are speaking Korean, but don't know as it wasn't a Kimchi one... it was however when the movie started all the same publishing company CJ entertainment and the supporting others. It would not make sense that the Korean Version would not be the same. Every single movie that has 2 different language in it, there is always a sub menu that we can select only the foreign language to have the english subs displayed, usually we can see it as English 1 and English 2 (english 2 would be only for the foreign language to have the english sub but not for the rest of the movie when they speak english)...hope I amke sense trying to explain as best I can.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBMT
Just finished and it was maybe 3 mins. of the film that required sub title use all together. The parts were in the last quarter of the film. I really enjoyed it and was blown away by the disc!

Reactions: mlmaier84
The Lenti looks very good but in my opinion full slip and steel are boring. Especially the steel disappoints me.
There is not much on the backside and not much more on the front.
When zavvi would release a steel like that they would get a lot of bashing.

I appreciate beautiful steels, doesn`t matter if it`s a steel by zavvi or by kimchi or someone else.

If this would be a zavvi steel I would buy it for about 10 to 12 €. I talk about the steel itself.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MrBMT
@lolwut The is reminiscent of Future Shop's District 12 Hunger Games Yes, I turned on subs a total of 2 times during the film. Usually between English and Korean character dialogue scenes they use "voice activated translation devices" in the movie to communicate with each other but their is a part when Korean characters converse with one another that you should be prepared to toggle the subs. But that is just one time, the other is nearing the end when a Korean character goes into a lengthy conversation with a English character that is pretty important to the story, trust you'll know. But if you would like me to quote you the exact time frame these instances happen, I can. Regardless, these brief translation sequences, in my opinion, don't warrant a disc swap. So @villadelrefugio & @8bitheart also need not to worry over this one.

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut and IRON MAN
My copy that I watched which isn't Korea but Same Publisher CJ entertainment and same other supporter companies as the Korean version.

When I play the movie, I've mentionned it before, for movie with a main language and a 2nd language that comes only few times usually it's hard coded for the foreign languange part(Korean) but for this Blu-ray it's not hard coded, I had to select in the subtitl;e menu not the first english that will be constantly on, but the other one(there's usually 2 or 3 english) usually it will be the 2nd english subtitle that you select and leave it on for the whole movie. In the english speaking part it doesn't come on, english subs will only appear when they speak Korean. It's automatic if you select the correct english. sometimes they can have 3 (3rd one would be for the impaired of hearing which is not the same thing as english regular subs. Play with the subs menu you should be able to activate the proper one. At least I can on my copy.