Sicario: Day of the Soldado - In theaters June 29, 2018

nefilim

BANNED
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2013
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Soldado (2017)

Genre: [GENRE][/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Stefano Sollima[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Benicio del Toro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Josh Brolin[/ACTOR]

Plot: Sequel to Sicario[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
cddlc1Gforab3MKWK3rJLX94gbU.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

SMITH We're in full development with the studio. I just got a draft [of a script from writer Taylor Sheridan], and we're really excited.

THAD We've circulated it to the reps, and everybody [from the cast of the original is] on board.

TRENT Taylor's a really great world-builder. He's got that kind of modern Western voice, which is in vogue right now. And he did it again [with the sequel]. It's a great big world. We can't reveal the plot, but you'll see [Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin] all come back. You have such a great character with Benicio, who was as dark as he was and still so loved. That character resonates so well with audiences. People want to know what happened to him, so it's a perfect foray for us to explore. Obviously we would love it if Denis could [direct]. He's a busy man, but he's certainly part of the process with us right now.

HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: famagosta
LOVED the 1st film! :drool: :woot: :cool:

Stefano Sollima to Direct Sicario Sequel, 'Soldado'
Source: ComingSoon.net
sicario - deltoro.JPG

Even before director Denis Villeneuve’s Sicario hit theaters last year, it was revealed that plans were underway for a sequel. Today, Deadline has a major update, reporting that the followup, titled Soldado, will be helmed by Italian director Stefano Sollima (Gomorra, A.C.A.B.) As previously revealed, Soldado will feature the return of Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro as Alejandro Gillick.

Soldado, which aims to begin production this fall, will be financed by both Black Label Media and Lionsgate. Returning producers include Basil Iwanyk of Thunder Road Pictures and Molly Smith of Black Label as well as Edward L. McDonnell and Thad and Trent Luckinbill.
popcorn2.gif

Reactions: famagosta
Some interesting facts revealed by director Sollima:

"It's absolutely a standalone movie – a completely different story with just two of the characters that you met in Sicario," he states. "It's not a real sequel. The antagonists are now absolutely the main characters."

"I loved Sicario. I feel the movie was quite similar to my approach so, to me, I'm just shooting another movie. Soldado will be much more cinematic than Sicario was; it's got an incredible amount of huge action sequences in there. It will be a different journey in the same world. Even the theme is different – it's not drug dealing, it's more on immigration."

source: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...equel-director-gomorrah-netflix-a7081996.html

I'm really going to miss Emily Blunt. She was so good in the first one.

Side note... do people actually do that finger thing with the gun? I've seen it done in paintball before, but in real life?

I didn’t think this could match the first film but I must admit that looks really good! I’m looking forward to it! Check it out @bloodsnake007, @AlienKing!:)
My two reasons for going to watch Sicario was Dennis and Emily; they are both absent here. However, i might still check it out if i get a chance because it looks like a solid thriller. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
My two reasons for going to watch Sicario was Dennis and Emily; they are both absent here. However, i might still check it out if i get a chance because it looks like a solid thriller. :thumbs:
Yeah the first one was great, Dennis Villeneuve is on fire at the moment. I would have loved him to be directing this but it does look better then I was expecting. Definatly worth checking out!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Well, the second trailer definitely piqued my interest more than the first one. I'm definitely looking forward to it now!

Not liking that new title though... Soldado made it sound like its own film, whereas Sicario: Day of the Soldado sounds way too sequely/cheesy, if that makes sense lol.