Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 24, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)

11774074-1204595967948798.jpg
11774073-3834595967794133.jpg

11774074-1594595967584952.jpg
11774074-1594595967694350.jpg
11774073-1064581216802098.jpg

Last edited:
That moment when @Noodles posts his concept using the same front art as the one you are currently making. :box::box::box::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

So I've gone an alternate route with my own concept, so so far between the two of us we have the market for this film well covered! Haha

View attachment 376038

That’s really good too

I’d be happy with both yours and @Noodles

Hoping blufans use Nicks but would love yours on a wwa maybe

I like both of those concepts :woot::woot: @Noodles @TheJoker
WWA would be lucky to even come close to either of them.

Can you imagine the placeholder being better than whatever the WWA ends up being?? :cautious::dunno:

Reactions: Noodles
I'd better move fast before all the poster artwork is spoken for! I love all the options you've come up with, @Noodles and @TheJoker -- nice work!

Here's what I like for the front cover. The Japanese poster uses a slightly better layout of this design, but I couldn't find a copy without the Japanese text. I'd prefer to have a bad guys shot on the back, but I can't find anything like that.

By the way, I went to this movie yesterday with absolutely zero expectations--and I totally loved it! Just enormously creative and fun. It's an excellent batch of new characters they've created for this one.

Solo concept sm.png

Last edited:
I'd better move fast before all the poster artwork is spoken for! I love all the options you've come up with, @Noodles and @TheJoker -- nice work!

Here's what I like for the front cover. The Japanese poster uses a slightly better layout of this design, but I couldn't find a copy without the Japanese text. I'd prefer to have a bad guys shot on the back, but I can't find anything like that.

By the way, I went to this movie yesterday with absolutely zero expectations--and I totally loved it! Just enormously creative and fun. It's an excellent batch of new characters they've created for this one.

View attachment 376050

Nice

I’d like your back art on @TheJoker s front art

View attachment 376051

Haha awesome. Your cover art I actually started using first and then I switched to the purple art that Noodles used because I preferred the colour. Luckily I was trying to position the art on the cover when Noodles posted his so I wasn’t too far in to abandon ship. I preferred the silhouette of the Falcon behind the characters so I went to the poster that I eventually used which I was able to take the text off of.

So that’s three concepts we’ve got...... hey @AcIDc0r3 your turn bro!

Haha awesome. Your cover art I actually started using first and then I switched to the purple art that Noodles used because I preferred the colour. Luckily I was trying to position the art on the cover when Noodles posted his so I wasn’t too far in to abandon ship. I preferred the silhouette of the Falcon behind the characters so I went to the poster that I eventually used which I was able to take the text off of.

So that’s three concepts we’ve got...... hey @AcIDc0r3 your turn bro!
HaHa Well I will be off for the next seven days so will try and work on something, don't know what yet though.

View attachment 376051
Another great effort! Love that art by Marko Manev -- I'd really like to see BF do a slip using both posters he did...

Solo A Star Wars Story AMC IMAX Movie Posters by Marko Manev .jpg

Literally just spotted @SEAN3431476 concept on the first page too, which I also really like! :D

Steelbook concept by me

View attachment 375405

Just goes to show that if they stick with poster art, then they can't really go wrong. ;)

Ahh, that's what I was looking for! Switch my back cover with that bad-guys version by Manev. Enfys Nest is so great.

Another great effort! Love that art by Marko Manev -- I'd really like to see BF do a slip using both posters he did...

View attachment 376058

Literally just spotted @SEAN3431476 concept on the first page too, which I also really like! :D

Just goes to show that if they stick with poster art, then they can't really go wrong. ;)

Thank you @Noodles and great job guys @ethnosax @TheJoker

Here’s my concept for those who missed it. Also follow my instagram page “SEAN3431476” where i post all of my steelbook concepts.

C7CB71AC-6F2E-40A9-B7E9-E381B05CD490.png

Ugh.......... really? lol
Sometimes I wonder what these art departments are thinking of.... and then the studio for approving them. THERES LIKE A MILLION CONCEPTS IN THIS THREAD ALONE! All of which are MILES better than that US artwork. ARGH!

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
Apparently Disney have cancelled all planned Star Wars prequels because of lower than expected takings for this film. Talk about a knee jerk reaction... :rolleyes:

agreed it would be better though if people actually went to the cinema and saw this i enjoyed it but people had a knee jerk reaction to the last jedi and we are now ending up with this result.
shame because this is a good film and people have just thrown all there toys out the pram and not judging this film on its own merits, which they might find they actually quite like it:rolleyes:

basil :thumbs:

Apparently Disney have cancelled all planned Star Wars prequels because of lower than expected takings for this film. Talk about a knee jerk reaction... :rolleyes:
Lucasfilm have denied this today, apparently nothing has changed on the plans they had. I just hope they get that star wars doesn't need to put out 2-3 movies a year like marvel since (in my opinion) this concept only works for a few years before people will get tired. Star wars movies need to remain something special and great events to look forward to...i just hope disney understands this.

• Thanks
Reactions: yardman