Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Solo: A Star Wars Story

Tagline: Never tell him the odds.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Ron Howard

Cast: Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Donald Glover, Paul Bettany, Thandie Newton, Joonas Suotamo, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Erin Kellyman, Ian Kenny, John Tui, Charlotte Louise, Clint Howard, Anthony Daniels, Dee Tails, Attila Vajda, Kiran Shah, Lily Newmark, Samantha Colley, Warwick Davis, Sema-Tawi Smart, Linda Hunt, Jon Favreau, Anna Francolini, Andrew Woodall, Shaquille Ali-Yebuah, Eben Figueiredo, Aaron Heffernan, Hal Fowler, Damian Farrell, Fraser Kelly, Jason Wong, Alice Hewkin, Robert Morgan, Miles Richardson, Sammy Hayman, Rona Morison, Dempsey Bovell, Joseph Charles, Dave Chapman, Katy Kartwheel, Harley Durst, Ray Park, Samuel Witwer, Andrew Jack, Richard Dixon, Deepak Anand, Peter Vo

Release: 2018-05-23

Runtime: 135

Plot: Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian.

Reactions: Noodles
solo_a_star_wars_story_ver42.jpg solo_a_star_wars_story_ver43.jpg solo_a_star_wars_story_ver44.jpg solo_a_star_wars_story_ver45.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Really struggling to care that this is about to be released even if the reviews suggest it's better than was expected

not a star wars fan, having only watched any(and all, in the end) just before xmas, and only really enjoying the prequels, last jedi and to a smaller extent, rogue one, am not sure about seeing this.

Then again, I am wanting to catch Deadpool and Infinity War again, and due to travel/petrol, using my unlimited card only makes sense with a double or triple movie mission....so short comment; seeing as there is little if at all anything else new out this week, I'll likley check it out

have zero expectations so guess I may at least enjoy a little

Really struggling to care that this is about to be released even if the reviews suggest it's better than was expected

Why? It's Han Solo- the coolest motherf#@*er in the galaxy!

Out of any character from Star Wars Han Solo is the one you would do. Can't understand the negativity when it's not even out yet.

• Thanks
Why? It's Han Solo- the coolest motherf#@*er in the galaxy!

Out of any character from Star Wars Han Solo is the one you would do. Can't understand the negativity when it's not even out yet.

For me

1- Dont like the look of the actor playing Han Solo
2- Feels too soon for another Star Wars film, especially as the last one had so much negativity around it. Feel they should have stuck to their customary December release for the Star Wars films
3- Disney leaked that they thought they had a dud on their hands (albeit like I say early reviews have suggested it is better than expected)

• Thanks
Reactions: lights
anyone going to the midnight screenings tonight to see this?

im off friday afternoon after work and really looking foward to it myself those that are not sure i would suggest go look on you tube at superfans trailer think that help loosen you up a bit :D

basil :thumbs:

For me

1- Dont like the look of the actor playing Han Solo
2- Feels too soon for another Star Wars film, especially as the last one had so much negativity around it. Feel they should have stuck to their customary December release for the Star Wars films
3- Disney leaked that they thought they had a dud on their hands (albeit like I say early reviews have suggested it is better than expected)

Fair enough. I think that he looks the part actually. Hopefully will be good. I think some people will hate it though, and I think some have made up their minds that they will hate it before seeing it.

,I didn´t like it much from the trailers so I had almost zero expectations for this, but just heard first impressions from czech movie nerds I often agree with, that it´s actually very amusing and good flick. They say it´s better than Rogue One and most importantly, it has feeling of 80s (western/heist movie) and old SW for example New Hope, so in fact, very good news and now I have a little expectations :happy:

• Thanks
I gotta say guys, I was very happy with the film.
I went in very skeptical (Especially about Ehrenreich) but i was pleasantly surprised!!!
He did a great job. He got Han's mannerisms down but yet isn't doing an impression, bottom line... it worked.
The dynamic between him and Chewie is great and to be honest when they first meet is when the film finally finds its footing.

Glover as Lando was perfect. But you already knew that.

Some little things here and there didn't work but I won't get into them to stay away from spoilers.
But overall this was just a really fun movie. I liked it more then Rogue One.

Its crazy to think that a film with this much behind the scenes mess turned out to be good is a miracle. haha
It actually made me want more "Solo" movies. I hope they do a Solo Trilogy now.

Oh and just a heads up. There is a big SPOILER out there... It was a fun surprise and I would hate for it to get ruined for anyone. Be careful out there ninjas.

Off to see it with the brother and nephews tonight so I'm staying off the internet as I don't want it ruined, I've only seen one trailer so far :D:D

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I gotta say guys, I was very happy with the film.
I went in very skeptical (Especially about Ehrenreich) but i was pleasantly surprised!!!
He did a great job. He got Han's mannerisms down but yet isn't doing an impression, bottom line... it worked.
The dynamic between him and Chewie is great and to be honest when they first meet is when the film finally finds its footing.

Glover as Lando was perfect. But you already knew that.

Some little things here and there didn't work but I won't get into them to stay away from spoilers.
But overall this was just a really fun movie. I liked it more then Rogue One.

Its crazy to think that a film with this much behind the scenes mess turned out to be good is a miracle. haha
It actually made me want more "Solo" movies. I hope they do a Solo Trilogy now.

Oh and just a heads up. There is a big SPOILER out there... It was a fun surprise and I would hate for it to get ruined for anyone. Be careful out there ninjas.

could not agree more just got back myself really liked it but thought a better title would have been
when han meet chewie

i think people will be plesantly surprised if you go in with no expectations. imho does not really get going until han has his first meeting with chewie :D:D:D:D:D:D

no spoliers here either :cigar:

and @Noodles you be going to cinema to see this one
basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw