Solo: A Star Wars Story - In theaters May 25, 2018

• Hello Guest, this site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To read more about how we use them, please visit this page
  • The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect on May 25th 2018! Read more about how it impacts you

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
[MOVIE1]Title: Solo A Star Wars Story (2018)

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Adventure

Director: Ron Howard

Cast: Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Thandie Newton and more...

Plot: During an adventure into a dark criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his future copilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian years before joining the Rebellion.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
[/POSTER1]

From IMDB

We know that Disney/Lucasart decided to make spin-off. The first one is Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One. What will be the 2nd? And on whom will it focuses?

Bobba Fett?
Han Solo?
R2D2 saving the universe?

starwarslogo.jpg

solo.jpg

Last edited:

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Reactions
57,408 3 0
THR is reporting that Ron Howard is to take over directing the Han Solo movie. He's one of my favourite directors, so I'm all for this choice! :D

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,699 0 0
I wonder if Lord and Miller will get directing credits on this considering they shot for 4 months but Howard will continue the 3 and half weeks of planned shooting and an additional 5 weeks of reshoots

Sounds like the majority of Lord and millers original film will be wiped considering their style of filming will take longer anyway (hense 4 months) compared to Howard's experienced style of shooting (for 5 more weeks). If you catch my drift. He can't most likely get what they accomplished in 4 months in that 5 week duration - as well as 3 and half weeks on top to finsh the original plan

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Reactions
57,408 3 0
I wonder if Lord and Miller will get directing credits on this considering they shot for 4 months but Howard will continue the 3 and half weeks of planned shooting and an additional 5 weeks of reshoots

Sounds like the majority of Lord and millers original film will be wiped considering their style of filming will take longer anyway (hense 4 months) compared to Howard's experienced style of shooting (for 5 more weeks). If you catch my drift. He can't most likely get what they accomplished in 4 months in that 5 week duration - as well as 3 and half weeks on top to finsh the original plan
As much I was looking forward to seeing Lord and Millers version (they're comedic geniuses after all), I'd rather Howard start from scratch so the film can be considered his own. I remember reading something once about a similar situation where the new director had to have filmed at least more than half of their own scenes for them to be credited as the main director, so they ended up filming like 51% of the film again... can't remember who or what film it was now though, and I'm unsure if that's a general rule for all films or just something set by a certain studio.

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Reactions
16,419 2 0
As much I was looking forward to seeing Lord and Millers version (they're comedic geniuses after all), I'd rather Howard start from scratch so the film can be considered his own. I remember reading something once about a similar situation where the new director had to have filmed at least more than half of their own scenes for them to be credited as the main director, so they ended up filming like 51% of the film again... can't remember who or what film it was now though, and I'm unsure if that's a general rule for all films or just something set by a certain studio.
This situation has happened a couple times before...

Superman 2 rings a bell. Was that it?

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter

Flloydo

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,699 0 0
Besides Glover and Harrelson, who the others?
Chewbacca is top right.......... :rolleyes: Lol

All I know is the 2 you named and Emilia Clarke. I have no idea who the guy is playing Han and tbh I hate the way he looks, the guy Inbetween Donald and Emilia looks like a small side character from community, the guy below woody looks like he could be related to Karl urban and no idea who the girl next to him is

I'm just up for Donald, woody & Emilia tbh

Oct 2, 2013
Reactions
793 0 0
Ron Howard! Directing well that's Happy days :hilarious: sorry couldn't resist it
Looking good thou love woody too
If it's as good as rogue then I'm ok with that

bobberino

Naughty Ninja
Premium Supporter
Chewbacca is top right.......... :rolleyes: Lol

All I know is the 2 you named and Emilia Clarke. I have no idea who the guy is playing Han and tbh I hate the way he looks, the guy Inbetween Donald and Emilia looks like a small side character from community, the guy below woody looks like he could be related to Karl urban and no idea who the girl next to him is

I'm just up for Donald, woody & Emilia tbh
But who plays Chewy :giggle:??
Wiki'd Emilia, she is cute :thumbs::drool:

Flloydo

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,699 0 0
I guess I am the weird one here :LOL: , everyone I know watches it.. Stopped watching most TV shows years ago TBH.

:jacked:, now back to the thread
No no no no, the thread can go on hold for another post. Game of thrones is literally the greatest to show ever. I stand by that. It used to be breaking bad for me but now it's thrones

bobberino

Naughty Ninja
Premium Supporter
No no no no, the thread can go on hold for another post. Game of thrones is literally the greatest to show ever. I stand by that. It used to be breaking bad for me but now it's thrones
Well my brother, cousins and co-workers all agree with you bud :thumbs:.. Everyone says I have brain damage for not watching it except my GF :LOL::wacky:.