Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Solo: A Star Wars Story

Tagline: Never tell him the odds.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Ron Howard

Cast: Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Donald Glover, Paul Bettany, Thandie Newton, Joonas Suotamo, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Erin Kellyman, Ian Kenny, John Tui, Charlotte Louise, Clint Howard, Anthony Daniels, Dee Tails, Attila Vajda, Kiran Shah, Lily Newmark, Samantha Colley, Warwick Davis, Sema-Tawi Smart, Linda Hunt, Jon Favreau, Anna Francolini, Andrew Woodall, Shaquille Ali-Yebuah, Eben Figueiredo, Aaron Heffernan, Hal Fowler, Damian Farrell, Fraser Kelly, Jason Wong, Alice Hewkin, Robert Morgan, Miles Richardson, Sammy Hayman, Rona Morison, Dempsey Bovell, Joseph Charles, Dave Chapman, Katy Kartwheel, Harley Durst, Ray Park, Samuel Witwer, Andrew Jack, Richard Dixon, Deepak Anand, Peter Vo

Release: 2018-05-23

Runtime: 135

Plot: Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian.

Reactions: Noodles
This isn't even close to "Ant-Man". This is far worse.
They have been shooting this thing since JANUARY!!!

Its almost unheard of to have a director leave a film this far into the process. Its crazy!

Slashfilm has a good write up on what might have happened.

Damn, so they were actually fired

Just read that write Up @kaw very interesting and a shame because I also like Lord and millers work

I get what @Noodles is saying though and you need to remember the Wright situation might not of seemed as bad as this because they hadn't actually started filming but he did devote 7 years of his life to that project and went tits up at the last hurdle not long before filming was to start. That's a huge chunk of a directors time to waste. I loved ant-man and it took me by surprise but id literally kill to see wrights version lol
I only really compared it to Ant-Man because my level of disappointment was/is the same... so I wasn't referring to the time that had been spent on each project or how far they are in to production etc. But, yeah... Wright actually devoted way more time to Ant-Man as he spent years perfecting the script, only for it to be rewritten without his input, which must have felt like a huge slap in the face!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I wonder if Lord and Miller will get directing credits on this considering they shot for 4 months but Howard will continue the 3 and half weeks of planned shooting and an additional 5 weeks of reshoots

Sounds like the majority of Lord and millers original film will be wiped considering their style of filming will take longer anyway (hense 4 months) compared to Howard's experienced style of shooting (for 5 more weeks). If you catch my drift. He can't most likely get what they accomplished in 4 months in that 5 week duration - as well as 3 and half weeks on top to finsh the original plan

• Thanks
I wonder if Lord and Miller will get directing credits on this considering they shot for 4 months but Howard will continue the 3 and half weeks of planned shooting and an additional 5 weeks of reshoots

Sounds like the majority of Lord and millers original film will be wiped considering their style of filming will take longer anyway (hense 4 months) compared to Howard's experienced style of shooting (for 5 more weeks). If you catch my drift. He can't most likely get what they accomplished in 4 months in that 5 week duration - as well as 3 and half weeks on top to finsh the original plan
As much I was looking forward to seeing Lord and Millers version (they're comedic geniuses after all), I'd rather Howard start from scratch so the film can be considered his own. I remember reading something once about a similar situation where the new director had to have filmed at least more than half of their own scenes for them to be credited as the main director, so they ended up filming like 51% of the film again... can't remember who or what film it was now though, and I'm unsure if that's a general rule for all films or just something set by a certain studio.

As much I was looking forward to seeing Lord and Millers version (they're comedic geniuses after all), I'd rather Howard start from scratch so the film can be considered his own. I remember reading something once about a similar situation where the new director had to have filmed at least more than half of their own scenes for them to be credited as the main director, so they ended up filming like 51% of the film again... can't remember who or what film it was now though, and I'm unsure if that's a general rule for all films or just something set by a certain studio.

This situation has happened a couple times before...

Superman 2 rings a bell. Was that it?

• Thanks
7J5SXw1.jpg
Besides Glover and Harrelson, who the others?

Besides Glover and Harrelson, who the others?

Chewbacca is top right.......... :rolleyes: Lol

All I know is the 2 you named and Emilia Clarke. I have no idea who the guy is playing Han and tbh I hate the way he looks, the guy Inbetween Donald and Emilia looks like a small side character from community, the guy below woody looks like he could be related to Karl urban and no idea who the girl next to him is

I'm just up for Donald, woody & Emilia tbh

Reactions: bobberino
Chewbacca is top right.......... :rolleyes: Lol

All I know is the 2 you named and Emilia Clarke. I have no idea who the guy is playing Han and tbh I hate the way he looks, the guy Inbetween Donald and Emilia looks like a small side character from community, the guy below woody looks like he could be related to Karl urban and no idea who the girl next to him is

I'm just up for Donald, woody & Emilia tbh
But who plays Chewy :giggle:??
Wiki'd Emilia, she is cute :thumbs::drool:

I guess I am the weird one here :LOL: , everyone I know watches it.. Stopped watching most TV shows years ago TBH.

:jacked:, now back to the thread

No no no no, the thread can go on hold for another post. Game of thrones is literally the greatest to show ever. I stand by that. It used to be breaking bad for me but now it's thrones

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaw and bobberino