Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Solo: A Star Wars Story

Tagline: Never tell him the odds.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Ron Howard

Cast: Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Donald Glover, Paul Bettany, Thandie Newton, Joonas Suotamo, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Erin Kellyman, Ian Kenny, John Tui, Charlotte Louise, Clint Howard, Anthony Daniels, Dee Tails, Attila Vajda, Kiran Shah, Lily Newmark, Samantha Colley, Warwick Davis, Sema-Tawi Smart, Linda Hunt, Jon Favreau, Anna Francolini, Andrew Woodall, Shaquille Ali-Yebuah, Eben Figueiredo, Aaron Heffernan, Hal Fowler, Damian Farrell, Fraser Kelly, Jason Wong, Alice Hewkin, Robert Morgan, Miles Richardson, Sammy Hayman, Rona Morison, Dempsey Bovell, Joseph Charles, Dave Chapman, Katy Kartwheel, Harley Durst, Ray Park, Samuel Witwer, Andrew Jack, Richard Dixon, Deepak Anand, Peter Vo

Release: 2018-05-23

Runtime: 135

Plot: Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian.

Reactions: Noodles
I don't mean revenue

They are on a winning streak of making great films at the moment and I think will be their bump. They should of kept the originals Lord and Miller. Ron is okay at times but he's hugely overrated

I don't think this will be any good

Didn't people say that about Rogue One when they found out about all those re-shoots?

I hope it is good, it's Han Solo.......... I'm in neutral mode until I see it!

Didn't people say that about Rogue One when they found out about all those re-shoots?

I hope it is good, it's Han Solo.......... I'm in neutral mode until I see it!

I just have a funny feeling about this. Not saying rons going to ruin this, I was sceptical to start with as its Han and it needs to be perfect and I liked the idea of how original directors as this needs to be comedic more than a drama and tons more drama over comedy. I also think the guy looks nothing like him but then Donald glover and woody in a Star Wars film makes me excited. Plus Emilia

But still a lot was cut from rogue one that I would of preferred to see. And I liked rogue one, felt and looked like old school star wars which was great but there is a lot wrong with it too

I just have a funny feeling about this. Not saying rons going to ruin this, I was sceptical to start with as its Han and it needs to be perfect and I liked the idea of how original directors as this needs to be comedic more than a drama and tons more drama over comedy. I also think the guy looks nothing like him but then Donald glover and woody in a Star Wars film makes me excited. Plus Emilia

But still a lot was cut from rogue one that I would of preferred to see. And I liked rogue one, felt and looked like old school star wars which was great but there is a lot wrong with it too

4830532.gif

Couldn't help thinking of this when I read your first sentence lol.

I think there will be a decent resemblance, the power of makeup and all that.

I'm sure there will be people who hate this like they do the other two.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing this though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
View attachment 331807

Couldn't help thinking of this when I read your first sentence lol.

I think there will be a decent resemblance, the power of makeup and all that.

I'm sure there will be people who hate this like they do the other two.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing this though.

I'll 100% see it because it's Star Wars but I'm more interested in the final 2 of the trilogy and the kenobi film. Han is pretty much my fav character though so maybe I'm just worried they'll mess it up.
I love force awakens, enjoyed rogue one (even though the feel and tone was more authentic) but I do change my mind a lot. I thought R1 was overrated when I see it at the cinema, adored it the second watch and then thought it was okay/ decent with a few issues on the third lol
I'm still in for a blufans editon though

Very imaginative... I wonder what the deep meaning behind it is. :giggle:

But seriously... I like it! Nice and simple, and straight to the point. :)

Not a fan of the title.

Don't look right either in the Star Wars title style

Official synopsis:

Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.