Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
You can buy this at wal-mart ...

It's Jack Daniels in a pack ...

they look like this ...

BBQ_Marinade4.jpg

BBQ_Marinade3.jpg

There's diff flavors ... They say you can marinade the steak meat as quick as 30 minutes ... I threw the steaks in and let it sit over night in the bag ... pulled them out the next day and threw them on the grill. Man! Tasty!!!

Check it out folks!

That sounds good. I will have to check it out.

I like to marinate my steaks with some soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic salt, coarse black pepper, a squeeze of orange, and some sliced onion, and I let it set for at least an hour.

That sounds good. I will have to check it out.

I like to marinate my steaks with some soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic salt, coarse black pepper, a squeeze of orange, and some sliced onion, and I let it set for at least an hour.

NOW that SOUNDS good! I took the quick and easy way ... but I think I will be trying this out very soon :)

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale makes for some pretty damn good steak marinade as well. Salt and Pepper before you throw it on and you are in business.

I also use Gates BBQ sauce for a quick marinade if I'm dealing with less than choice cuts of steak.

Or my dry rub...

I just emptied out 4 bottles of Sierra Nevada int he sink .... that's some sick ass ****, will never buy it again.

I've tried the Jack marinade bags several times. I like them a lot. Very easy and very tasty.

I think cooking with beer and other alcohol is definately a tasty way to go. I've used the JD bags, used Guinness and Youngs Double Chocolate Stout in a chocolate cake, and beer battered fish with beer that I've made.

I prepare my own. I prepare the steak by puncturing it with a fork all over. Then I season it on both sides with Meat Tenderizer. Then give a few dashes of Lemon Pepper per side. Then I use some Terra Delyssa extra virgin olive oil and apply a liberal amount on the top of the steak and let it soak in for a good 15-20 minutes, flip the steak and do the same for the other side and it's ready for the grill. I give it a good grilling on each side for about 5-6 minutes over a medium flame and I use a conventional pit, not a gas grill. I'm a steak connoisseur and I can taste the difference.

I've yet to find a restaurant that can rival my steaks and I've eaten at most of the fine upscale steak houses in the Fort Worth area as well as Corpus Christi.

I usually bake a nice medium baked potato and add my favorite toppings. And I usually steam some broccoli or Sauté some fine fresh asparagus to compliment my steaks. My favorite cuts are the Porter House, Tenderloin, Sirloin and I'll even every once in a while use a T-Bone.

Here is the Olive oil I use.
dsc_1015.jpg

A couple of my creations. :D
DSC00957.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wreck
I just emptied out 4 bottles of Sierra Nevada int he sink .... that's some sick ass ****, will never buy it again.

AYFKM? I love that stuff, they have a new one call Ruthless Rye that is stellar!

Thanks for the info guys they look delicious hmmm...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk