Song you're listening to???

@AlienKing @Flloydo Do you guys know this band? Certainly you Alienking. The band is from Canada consists of Megan James (vocals) and Corin Roddick (instrumentals) Album calls Shrines (2012)
I'm not so much into electronic music but this song blows me away:D:headphone:

Oh by the way I have nothing in common with their name if you know what I mean :LOL::rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
@spass Did you gave them a spin?

Last year Kalkbrenner unveiled his Back To The Future’ mixtape series where he put together an extensive collection of over 60 tracks representing the historical rise of techno in Berlin between the years of 1987 and 1993.

He'll go on tour with those Mixtapes, recreating a 90s techno party :D

“I am going to recreate the parties that I never could attend back then: from the flyers to the imagery on location to the chill-out area. That is only possible in venues that are smaller than the ones I usually perform at. My fans will experience a more intimate and exclusive live show.”

@AlienKing @Flloydo Do you guys know this band? Certainly you Alienking. The band is from Canada consists of Megan James (vocals) and Corin Roddick (instrumentals) Album calls Shrines (2012)
I'm not so much into electronic music but this song blows me away:D:headphone:

Oh by the way I have nothing in common with their name if you know what I mean :LOL::rofl:

Unfortunately i dont buddy. I listen to just instrumentals for electronic or retro wave. Electronic with vocals is not always my type. But these guys are good. I really like the beat. I'll check out their album, especially since they are from Canada. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Manqu

Believe it or not, but i dont think i've ever listened to him :sorry: I havent really been on the mixtape/underground scene since 2010/11.
My friends sometimes poke fun at how i dont really have many songs after 2010. I'm very selective i guess. I do have Kendrick, J Cole, Schoolboy Q and a few random others from this generation. But most of my playlists are pre-2010.
I may have heard a track or two of him on a random mixtape but nothing i can remember.
I do like what i'm hearing here though, i've gotta listen more to decide if i'm a fan.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Believe it or not, but i dont think i've ever listened to him :sorry: I havent really been on the mixtape/underground scene since 2010/11.
My friends sometimes poke fun at how i dont really have many songs after 2010. I'm very selective i guess. I do have Kendrick, J Cole, Schoolboy Q and a few random others from this generation. But most of my playlists are pre-2010.
I may have heard a track or two of him on a random mixtape but nothing i can remember.
I do like what i'm hearing here though, i've gotta listen more to decide if i'm a fan.

I know what you mean. It's also hard for me to get into new artists since I grew up listening to all the legends or what we probably call, the golden era of Rap.
I was at concerts from J.Dilla so I'm a little bit deadlocked in my understanding what Hip Hop should sound like :oohyeah:
But with Apple Music I'm able to skip into new records. What I do is, when I like a artist I look what label he's signed to and give the roster a spin.
Oddisee is signed to Mellow Music Group. I discovered them with the self titled record from Ugly Heroes, what is a banger. Since then they released a lot of Apollo Brown (solo records, the one with Ras Kass, or recently the one with Skyzoo), they released Pete Rock - Petestrumentals 2, the new Ugly Heroes or the latest Kool Keith. And all records are great. Oddisee dropped 2-3 records on Mellow, also a full instrumental one what's also very worth listen to. This methode works for me well discovering new artists and give new records a chance..

I've been listening to a playlist I made of songs that I've rated 5 stars. I've got a ton of different artists like, Two Steps from Hell, Twenty One Pilots, Really Slow Motion, Michael Giacchino, John Williams, Jeff Ruso, Alexandre Desplat, James Newton Howard, Sia, Ellie Ghoudling, Hans zimmer, Junkie XL, John Debney, Marco Beltrami, Thomas Bergersen, Kaleo, Hozier, Tina Guo, Daniel Pemberton, Daniel Hart, Lindsey Stirling, Steven Price, Silver Sreen, Jo Blankenburg, Fired Earth Music, Lights and Motion, Hidden Citizen, West One Music, Gothic Storm, Danny Elfman, Brand X Music, Post Haste Music, Must Save Jane!, Ninja Tracks, Red, just to name a few. :D Most of them from albums released in the last 1 1/2 years to now. :headphone:

Last edited: