Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: November 23, 2014
Price: $14.99
Notes: 16 titles total - all matte
Group buy: apsmith21

Same artwork as the Canadian Sony Wave but with two (2) USA exclusive.

Titles:
Das Boot
Desperado
District 9
Drive Exclusive!
Dr Strangelove
Easy Rider
Kung Fu Hustle
Leon the Professional
Snatch
Stripes
Superbad
Taxi Driver
The Fifth Element
The Karate Kid (1984)
The Raid: Redemption Exclusive!
Tommy
bb.png

Last edited:
[SARCASM]
I'm so glad that Best Buy chose to ship all of these individually to me so that they could maximize the damage-potential. Thank you so much!! That's exactly what I was planning when I went to the trouble of making 3 different orders (2 5-item and 1 6-item) :thumbs: I bet the UPS deliverer will love having to deal with 14 packages :drool:
[/SARCASM]

[SARCASM]
I'm so glad that Best Buy chose to ship all of these individually to me so that they could maximize the damage-potential. Thank you so much!! That's exactly what I was planning when I went to the trouble of making 3 different orders (2 5-item and 1 6-item) :thumbs: I bet the UPS deliverer will love having to deal with 14 packages :drool:
[/SARCASM]
Reminds me when I received all my GB copies for Ghostbusters 1+2
Img_2813.jpg

Had sooooo much fun opening all them... and they (no sarcasm) were all mint... wow!

Reactions: wjasoncul
Yeah... I can't wait :rolleyes::D

You think that's bad, I sourced half of mine from online orders on the group buy and will supplement with in-store pickup - imagine my e-mail inbox right now. LOL

Seriously though, I had a ton of problems with orders when multiples of one edition was on the list (they were only shipping one - one line item per package, instead of 2 or whatever), for weeks and weeks.

Trying to prove that the items were not shipped to Best Buy resulted in about 20 phone calls to their "back room support" over a couple of weeks (things I don't talk about, group buy members!) was crazy complicated. :(

Kinda wonder if it was a widespread problem with the warehouse and this is the solution... :rolleyes:

image.jpg

My Best Buy was FULLY stocked!! Had about 8 copies per title. All located on their own endcap! Nice to see Best Buy is finally showing some love to their own exclusives.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocielz and dfoles
Grr, still not out. One of the associates looked them up, they had 7 available on hand of each. Waited around while they looked in the back. Nothing. So I put in for in-store pickup, got the email it was ready while I waited around. Not actually ready, just an automated email.

So now I'll have to check back. I wish the Best Buy by my house was more like the Best Buy by my work.

I'm going to stab somebody with a bent steelbook. I just ran by to get them, they had some, left my ******* wallet at home and i don't have time to go get it. And they didn't even have all the ones I ordered, slapped a giant hold sticker across the covers of all of them so now I can't see if they're damaged underneath..

Why is this so hard?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I couldn't make it to BB until this evening, after I get off work @6:00pm. which is frequently the case, because they don't open until 10am & when I start work.

So, I use best buys in-store pick-up Service to my advantage. I employ a strategy when using this great service as well. I order multiples :) :) :)

I only bothered to secure DRIVE, the one I really don't want to miss out on. I ordered x3 copies @ 2 different stores = at the very least I will be able to pick the best of 6. I plan to get 2 minty copies & cancel the rest.

I do this same thing for all important best buy releases because I like to pick mint copies. There have been instances where I passed on all copies like Planes Fire&Rescue Lenti Slip. Sometime none are mint and I have to take the lesser of evils, and usually there's only 1 mint copy, if that.
That's my trick. Can't wait to go pick this up after work!!!!!!

Out of the 8 I ordered, 3 they couldn't find (Drive) and 3 were damaged. So I got 2 today.

Hopefully my work best buy won't let me down tomorrow